Subject: Foreigner Punting in China 2023?
Chasem
Lustful Lord

UID 4487
Digest Posts 0
Credits 993
Posts 212
Karma 982
Acceptance 222
Reading Access 40
Registered 15-11-2007
Status Offline
Post at 2-9-2023 01:54  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Foreigner Punting in China 2023?

Hello fellow pooners,

Welp, I have not been inside (no pun intended) China since 2019.  I was planning to visit in early 2020, but that's when Covid hell started breaking loose in China and so was a write off.

I do miss China in many aspects, but I also know that a lot has changed.

When I last went, I mostly paid in cash and it wasn't a problem.  It was accepted everywhere.  Stores, restaurants, WGs - they all took it.

I've been reading that many places in China no longer accept cash.  Is this true?  I do have WeChat and Alipay linked to my CC.  I prefer not to use it, especially if I'm tipping a WG.  For obvious reasons, I would prefer payment to be  anonymous.   Would WGs still accept cash?

In particular, I'm looking to visit the Shenzhen area.  What's the sauna scene like there now?  Online social media says the local economy is not doing so well there now, so I'm not sure how good the punting scene is.   

Last place I visited in Shenzhen was Gold Coast Sauna and it was thriving and a great place.  Is it still running and good place to go?  How much should I be expecting to tip for a HJ?

Thanks

Recent Ratings
flyz70   2-9-2023 02:13  Acceptance  +4   You can still use cash with WG's, just hit up the ATM first
americafirst141
Throbbing Titan

UID 238519
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3120
Posts 222
Karma 3085
Acceptance 694
Reading Access 70
Registered 29-4-2018
Status Offline
Post at 2-9-2023 03:53  Profile P.M. 
There are still ATMs but some of them may not work. Obviously not getting used that often these days.

I also prefer to pay WG with cash. No electronic chain, important because this thing is not legal in China. So if they bust the girl they can't look through her phone and find evidence that you paid her.
Offshore2
Lustful Lord

UID 293158
Digest Posts 0
Credits 650
Posts 114
Karma 625
Acceptance 490
Reading Access 40
Registered 19-6-2023
Status Offline
Post at 2-9-2023 09:50  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 Chasem's post

Yes, cash still works for the WLs. I prefer that too, no records, no trace.

Tip would be to get cash from the airport ATMs when you arrive. Most reliable in terms of accepting international cards and no issues encountered. Sometimes hard to find working ATMs outside main areas.