Reading Access 40
Registered 5-7-2011
Status Offline
Post at 19-3-2012 08:11  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
US citizen travel to HK

this is an issue i had the last time i went to hk/macau

i had a one way ticket to hk - the return leg from a ticket i bought in hk

at us airport - i was told that there is a us/hk treaty that requires us citizen to show when the enter hk they have an exit out of hk

i had never had this issue over the year i have traveled to hk and always bought my tickets in hk - have a great travel agent in hk

i had to buy a refundable one way return ticket that i got a refund for after i came back to us

i bought a one way return via some other stops out of hk

anyone else have this issue  

next time i am going to buy a oneway macau ferry ticket or get a pre-paid reservation (i assume you can do that)
SEAJ (***Call me Sean Sweet Swede***)
Banned

UID 21354
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7732
Posts 7074
Karma 7559
Acceptance 3458
Reading Access 0
Registered 4-3-2009
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 19-3-2012 11:07  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 bruno's post

I'm not a US citizen nor am I even familiar with US immigration laws etc - but when you say you had an issue at a US airport - who gave you/made the issue?

As far as I know, when checking in at a US airport for travel to Hong Kong, I only see/talk to the airline ticket agent to get my boarding pass, check in luggage etc - and don't pass any any US customs or immigration personnel.

SEAJ

NEED TO RANT? GOT QUESTIONS? JUST WANNA CHIT-CHAT? LOOK AT PIXS? Go to:
http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... d=26766&page=97

A NEWBIE AND HAVE QUESTIONS? WANT IDEAS ON HOW TO ENJOY 141 BEST? Go to
http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... amp;extra=page%3D1=
bruno
Lustful Lord

UID 69196
Digest Posts 0
Credits 563
Posts 202
Karma 559
Acceptance 72
Reading Access 40
Registered 5-7-2011
Status Offline
Post at 19-3-2012 11:11  Profile P.M. 
it was the booking agent for a us airline - delta

i was connecting from tampa via detroit to hk

my bags were already checked and on the way to the plane when before giving me the boarding card this issues was raised.  the manager for delta came and after checking - was told buy a refundable ticket 6 months out
SEAJ (***Call me Sean Sweet Swede***)
Banned

UID 21354
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7732
Posts 7074
Karma 7559
Acceptance 3458
Reading Access 0
Registered 4-3-2009
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 19-3-2012 11:37  Profile P.M. 
Reply #3 bruno's post

Hmmmm.... this sounds more and more like what Weelock pointed out in one of your 17 other posts/threads the past 24 hours- http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... 7616&highlight=

QUOTE:
Hello bruno,

You have started several threads in the Macau section in a very short amount of time. Some of your questions have nothing to do with mongering ( punting ). Some thread would have been better places in the veg section of 141. You could have also done a search for some answers and read some of the older threads. I don't know if you are spamming or really asking genuine questions because you are a newbie.

Sorry for flaming you...

As far as I know about how ticket machines works, there is no way that it could issue baggage tags without first printing out the boarding pass; that is just the way ticket machines are designed.

Also, what does a Delta ticket agent/manager in Tampa know about Hong Kong immigration requirements? You should have just stood your ground if it had happened for what you relayed to us as their own requirements just doesn't make sense.

And yes, if this was a genuine question, then you should have started it in the veggie section as it has nothing to do with mongering.

SEAJ

[ Last edited by  SEAJ at 19-3-2012 11:50 ]

NEED TO RANT? GOT QUESTIONS? JUST WANNA CHIT-CHAT? LOOK AT PIXS? Go to:
http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... d=26766&page=97

A NEWBIE AND HAVE QUESTIONS? WANT IDEAS ON HOW TO ENJOY 141 BEST? Go to
http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... amp;extra=page%3D1=