Reading Access 100
Registered 9-6-2010
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 1-3-2011 10:51  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
HPV??

Alright Bro's!

My SO went for a smear a couple of weeks ago and she had to go back for the results last week. I went with her and she explained it all to me afterwards over dinner. They told her she has HPV - http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm

The doctors told her not to worry as most people do not know they have it etc & told me not to worry either - BUT women can actually catch cervical cancer from this - the percent is very very low but the risk is still there...

Also, I was watching SKY news this morning before work and in America some guy has developed throat cancer & his wife has HPV? Am I overthinking this?

HPV is passed on through genital contact, most often during vaginal and anal sex. HPV may also be passed on during oral sex and genital-to-genital contact. HPV can be passed on between straight and same-sex partners—even when the infected partner has no signs or symptoms.

A person can have HPV even if years have passed since he or she had sexual contact with an infected person. Most infected persons do not realize they are infected or that they are passing the virus on to a sex partner. It is also possible to get more than one type of HPV.

I had an STD test done last year just routine and I got the all clear - but they say it is more difficult to find in men. My SO is not worried at all but I am. She has to go back in a couple of weeks for more tests & I cannot help but feel like it is my fault!

'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.'
hunter (Real Slim Slapper-Status: 九叔 .)
Fucking Legend

UID 2748
Digest Posts 0
Credits 16230
Posts 12435
Karma 16060
Acceptance 3408
Reading Access 100
Registered 5-8-2007
Location Pussy Paradise, Earth
Status Offline
Post at 1-3-2011 13:43  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 Petay_1283's post

Pls recheck ur STD test. I doubt the STD test for men includes HPV test, unless requested.
HPV test is more for women.
Once I requested for HPV test to be included in my routine STD test and the my doctor asked me if I knew what is HPV and it was not not necessary at this stage. I actually still dont understand and how to diferenciate HPV vs STD vs Hepatitis.
In fact, there are many types of HPV (different code/numbering). Some low risk and some contagious.

Have you ever grown warts around your genital area? This is one kind of HPV as well.

In any case, not too worry. HPV is common.
Just go for HPV injection for vaccination. However, the vaccine will no longer work on your wife particular positive HPV type. Rest will still work.
More and more are taking prevention. Even my mum just took her HPV vaccine for cervical cancer prevention.

I am no expert. I learned all this from my family doctor and here to share what he told me. So dont quote me.
He always conclude all discussion at the end of my visit with his classic advice " Please Wear Condom" ...

[ Last edited by  hunter at 1-3-2011 14:18 ]

Recent Ratings
Petay_1283   1-3-2011 16:05  Acceptance  +1   Thanks!

Retired from pussy arena….Uncle 9

scootermonger
Erotic Emperor

UID 46801
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2855
Posts 1260
Karma 2814
Acceptance 823
Reading Access 60
Registered 19-6-2010
Status Offline
Post at 1-3-2011 22:54  Profile P.M. 

sorry to hear about the unfortunate news.

If you smoke, it might be a good time to quit to avoid the nasty throat cancer.

Wish you the best of luck.
princeandnpg (Funk Junky)
Kinky King

UID 5828
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1110
Posts 608
Karma 1103
Acceptance 131
Reading Access 50
Registered 12-12-2007
Status Offline
Post at 2-3-2011 00:35  Profile P.M. 

Forums like this might not be the best place to get medical advice, but we do a damned good job of giving moral support

Firstly, HPV infections are really common.  Anyone who has ever had a sexual relationship runs the risk of having HPV.  Unfortunately, it normally affect's women's health more than men's.  A guy could have HPV for years and never know it.

I personally know that the feeling sucks, and I felt really guilty about it, but the main point is how your SO is feeling.  My SO was quite upset when she found out.  Forums like this might not be the best place to get medical advice, but we do a damned good job of giving moral support

Firstly, HPV infections are really common.  Anyone who has ever had a sexual relationship runs the risk of having HPV.  Unfortunately, it normally affect's women's health more than men's.  A guy could have HPV for years and never know it.

I personally know that the feeling sucks, and I felt really guilty about it, but the main point is how your SO is feeling.  My SO was quite upset when she found out, and I think she blamed me for a while.  I know it was a bit of a low point for our relationship, and it wasn't until she found that a few of her friends had the same problem that she was better about it.  

Now the doctor has given her the all clear, thank goodness.  

Did the doc say which strain of HPV she had?  Normally the doctors will tell you the risk, and also tell you whether it is in the early or late stages of infection.  The immune system often just clears the infection out, but you'll have to ask the doctor for more details.

The main point is that your SO, and everyone's SO, should get regular checkups.  That way, the doctors can treat any problems as soon as possible, and the risk of developing cancer is greatly reduced.  All bros should also encourage their SOs (and even close female friends) to get the vaccine too, as that cuts cancer risk tremendously.  If your SO doesn't like getting a checkup, try to find a female doctor that they might feel comfortable with.  

It's always better to be safe than sorry
speedracer
Lustful Lord

UID 17813
Digest Posts 0
Credits 512
Posts 346
Karma 507
Acceptance 91
Reading Access 40
Registered 24-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 2-3-2011 14:23  Profile P.M. 
I read a article on yahoo today that states that 50% of men have HPV. Currently there is a vaccine that is available for girls that help prevent for a few strands of HPV but it is not yet available for men.  Most of this however is old news. There has been a rise in throat cancer that has been linked to HPV as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110301/hl_nm/us_cancer_vaccine
Petay_1283
Fucking Legend

UID 46298
Digest Posts 0
Credits 11574
Posts 3139
Karma 11375
Acceptance 3975
Reading Access 100
Registered 9-6-2010
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 2-3-2011 15:02  Profile P.M. 
Reply #5 speedracer's post

Thanks for all the replies Bro's!! They are much appreciated!

'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.'
hunter (Real Slim Slapper-Status: 九叔 .)
Fucking Legend

UID 2748
Digest Posts 0
Credits 16230
Posts 12435
Karma 16060
Acceptance 3408
Reading Access 100
Registered 5-8-2007
Location Pussy Paradise, Earth
Status Offline
Post at 2-3-2011 15:23  Profile P.M. 
Reply #5 speedracer's post

On topic related to STD, HPV, HIV, other sexual disease, it is best to consult professional qualified doctor/clinic.

Everything wrote on the website, I tend not to believe numbers or statistics. I will avoid seeking related information from the internet because I dont know what to believe and when the www. is bulshitting me....

Retired from pussy arena….Uncle 9