Acceptance -1
Reading Access 10
Registered 25-5-2010
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2010 09:20  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Where is the best place to stay in HK

Hi all bros,

I am planing to visited HK again since 2007. I am wondering where is the best place to stay. I am also playing stay in HK then buy ticket to Macu and China from HK. Do
anyone how much from HK to China tour?

I missed HK. Thanks all
sexpert
Erotic Emperor

UID 6099
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2144
Posts 1895
Karma 2117
Acceptance 546
Reading Access 60
Registered 20-12-2007
Location NYC and Mong Kok
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2010 09:49  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 member2010's post

Your question is too subjective.  The best place to stay is the place that is closest to all your targets if that is what you are after.  If you like TST HGs, then go to TST if you like MK walkups like me, then you stay in MK.  As for going to China, you are better off figuring our a tour from your home country, although I must warn you to keep all your belongings on your body and expendable stuff in your luggage, those China tours will fucking steal from you.
Weelock
Throbbing Titan

UID 69
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4376
Posts 2584
Karma 4304
Acceptance 1435
Reading Access 70
Registered 19-2-2007
Location Mars Colony, Mongo City
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2010 12:38  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by sexpert at 28-5-2010 09:49
I must warn you to keep all your belongings on your body and expendable stuff in your luggage, those China tours will fucking steal from you.

Can you tell me how these tours steal from you so that I can look out for it ?

I was planning to go to a travel agency later this year in China. It is far cheaper in China than getting a tour package from you own country.

There are a few negatives. The tour guides only spoke very little English and most of it was in Mandarin. Each day, we went to gov't run shops businesses. The guides would rush us from one place to another, but take their time in the gov't run shops. The tour guides get a commission if you buy something at these shops.

We didn't find out about the commissions until our tour was almost over. Another guess told us about it.

[ Last edited by  Weelock at 28-5-2010 14:58 ]
sexpert
Erotic Emperor

UID 6099
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2144
Posts 1895
Karma 2117
Acceptance 546
Reading Access 60
Registered 20-12-2007
Location NYC and Mong Kok
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2010 19:25  Profile P.M. 
Reply #3 Weelock's post

Usually these tours will put you on buses, boats and planes.  Who carries the luggage?  They do, especially when loading buses and boats with luggage.  I've had a few friends who "lost" things such as cell phones, shavers, and even a laptop once.  I don't know precisely when they steal it but one of my friends flew to Beijing with his family on a tour and off the plane their luggage was stowed away on the bus to the hotel, when they go there, their luggage was in perfect condition including the mini locks (anyone can pick these)  My friend went into his luggage and everything was folded perfectly and neatly just like when he left his house but under it was missing his cell phone and inside his package of bathroom essentials bag was missing his norelco shaver.  He then complained to the tour guide and 20 others were also complaining of the same thing (missing items).  They continued the tour for 10 days without putting stuff in their luggage but everyone was pretty much pissed off that they can't do shit.  The tour blamed it on an independent bus operator, but I think the tour, bell boys were all in on it.  Another story was a friend who had a laptop and when they went on the cruise in Shanghai, again their luggage was stowed away and voila! missing laptop!  They've complained to the tour agencies in NYC and all they said was, "you should have known better"  I plan a great wall trip in a few years, I don't know Beijing well and plan to take a tour with my whole family but all I am going to bring is a fanny pack for my cash and lots of fresh underwear.
doghead (dog)
Erotic Emperor

UID 16705
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2985
Posts 2230
Karma 2893
Acceptance 1832
Reading Access 60
Registered 2-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2010 23:49  Profile P.M. 
Reply #4 sexpert's post

I would recommend you work with HK based (if you can) tour agency to arrange a private tour just for your family.  Through my agent in HK, it was arranged that in each region, ie Shanghai and Chongqing are considered 2 separate districts, via the local tour agency they will provide a driver, the minibus, dedicated tour guides, etc.  Because it will be just your family, it is easy for you to watch and check on the tour staff.

Of course such an arrangement costs more, but it is worth it.  The China tour agencies like these types of tours because generally customers who do this are willing to tip more and are generally more experienced in travelling so these tour agencies will treat you well.  

Once we were disappointed about the minibus we got in one portion of the trip.  That night I sent an email back to HK and complained about the condition of the minibus.  The next day the head of that local tour agency personally came down to our hotel and treated us to a nice lunch just to get our feedback on the service and offered to change our minibus.  Boys, that is service!  

btw, that head of the tour agency was a tall hot Hangzhou girl, I couldn't believe she was working in the wg industry instead.  
member2010
Nookie Newbie

UID 45493
Digest Posts 0
Credits 23
Posts 23
Karma 23
Acceptance -1
Reading Access 10
Registered 25-5-2010
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2010 09:25  Profile P.M. 
I am planning buy ticket to HK and go buy tour in HK to China and Macu. Do you guys know where is good place to buy
tour ticket like 2 day 2night tour or 2 day 3 night to China? I agree with other post say, it is more expensive me buy tour in our country then in HK.

Thanks all.
Alcoanno
Nookie Newbie

UID 45735
Digest Posts 0
Credits 72
Posts 43
Karma 72
Acceptance 9
Reading Access 10
Registered 29-5-2010
Location Bris
Status Offline
Post at 31-5-2010 16:04  Profile P.M. 
Reply #3 Weelock's post

Every tour, in every country, i have ever been on always drags you into at least 1 or 2 dodgy shops, trying to sell you some shit you dont want, and you can guarantee they are getting kick backs!
joblow
Carnal Conqueror

UID 6567
Digest Posts 0
Credits 265
Posts 248
Karma 265
Acceptance 5
Reading Access 30
Registered 1-1-2008
Status Offline
Post at 31-5-2010 17:25  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by doghead at 28-5-2010 23:49
Ibtw, that head of the tour agency was a tall hot Hangzhou girl, I couldn't believe she was working in the wg industry instead.  

You should have propositioned her

-j
TonyToro
Throbbing Titan

UID 37475
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4498
Posts 2853
Karma 4389
Acceptance 2182
Reading Access 70
Registered 7-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 31-5-2010 19:17  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by member2010 at 28-5-2010 09:20
Hi all bros,

I am planing to visited HK again since 2007. I am wondering where is the best place to stay.

Too difficult to answer Bro, need some more info from you:

(1) what are your Mongering plans when in HK? Brothels in MK? HG's in TST? Bars in Wan Chai?

(2) what is your budget?

(3) anything special you need? buffet breakfast? close to MTR? Ferry? Bars?

If you can provide some more info perhaps we can give you some options. The rest is up to you.
timewaster
Erotic Emperor

UID 7180
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2778
Posts 1944
Karma 2755
Acceptance 467
Reading Access 60
Registered 14-1-2008
Status Offline
Post at 31-5-2010 22:37  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by member2010 at 29-5-2010 09:25
I am planning buy ticket to HK and go buy tour in HK to China and Macu. Do you guys know where is good place to buy
tour ticket like 2 day 2night tour or 2 day 3 night to China? I agree with other po ...

try wing on. they are one of the biggest tour companies in HK

http://www.wingontravel.com/chi/hardpush/aus_2009.asp

btw, does anyone know if wing on have a website in english?
Leyxia
Carnal Conqueror

UID 44388
Digest Posts 0
Credits 318
Posts 299
Karma 317
Acceptance 13
Reading Access 30
Registered 6-5-2010
Location Melbourne
Status Offline
Post at 31-5-2010 23:27  Profile P.M. 
Although as mentioned your question on where to stay has a very subjective answer, you can't really go wrong with a guest house in MK. Cheap and pretty central to everything if you think you'll be going to most corners of HK. Of course if you intend to spend most of your time frequenting say Wan Chai or similar, find somewhere on HK Island.
YouthAgainst
Erotic Emperor

UID 25277
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2406
Posts 1771
Karma 2393
Acceptance 251
Reading Access 60
Registered 22-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 31-5-2010 23:57  Profile P.M.