Posts 629
Karma 1297
Acceptance 119
Reading Access 50
Registered 23-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 28-1-2010 00:58  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
I support a thread with only links to authoritative source for references.  I prefer no discussion as it always comes back to personal preferences, acceptable level of risks and even some morality aspects and inevitably ignites heated debates.  This thread is a fine example.
DArtagnan (unofficial Mayor of the Forum)
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 28-1-2010 10:51  Profile P.M. 
Reply #41 xiao38's post

I think we all agree discussion must center on reputable sources and repeatable research.  

The key question is how to handle the issue created when a poster writes personal preferences as if it was an authoritative recommendation or verifiable fact?  

I think we DO need to have standards, and be comfortable with confronting posts that are either misleading or open to misinterpretation.  

And - if I can be allowed to take a stand without taking sides - my perception is that Mars has for a long time filled a useful role in challenging newbies who post unsound arguments or preferences without providing verifiable sources to support their stand.  In the vast majority of cases I've seen an improvement in the quality of posting after a brush with him and (speaking personally here) knowing he is out there lurking in the shadows definitely causes me to think about what I myself am saying and how I say it.  I watch my own words like a hawk.  

I think that function should continue, and maybe [flamesuit on] as a group we should support Mars in taking a stand for clear and consistent reasoning, SO THAT he can avoid being seen as a grumpy old geezer just waiting to pick a fight with anyone he can find the slightest opening to criticise.  

The issue is not STDs, nor is it whether we should allow discussion of STDs.  STDs are so important they deserve to be openly discussed, they are literally a matter of life and death, especially to this community.  The issue I see is we need to come up with a mature and sensitive way to handle an emotive and inflammatory topic that is fraught with bad data / hidden agendas / personal predilictions / contradictory conclusions / etc. and carries potentially life-threatening implications.

IMHO we need a gentle but uncompromising approach to vetting the quality of posts about STDs, and be able to quickly separate a clash of egos from the underlying subject.  

Your thoughts??

Hear Ye!  The Mayor has spoken!
Canonball
Musky Member

UID 37622
Digest Posts 0
Credits 154
Posts 225
Karma 153
Acceptance 16
Reading Access 20
Registered 9-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 28-1-2010 11:56  Profile P.M. 
well if someone is going to visit WGs im sure they already assume that they might get some stuff ...
its common sense... youre putting your thing in a hole that has been used by many many before you
just have to protect yourself and pray that protection isnt pierced
pisser
Lustful Lord

UID 14751
Digest Posts 0
Credits 702
Posts 647
Karma 700
Acceptance 49
Reading Access 40
Registered 28-9-2008
Status Offline
Post at 28-1-2010 12:52  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by DArtagnan at 28-1-2010 10:51
I think we DO need to have standards ...

I think the forum already has an important standard - I can't recall anyone ever promoting BBFS or BB anal as being safe. If anyone did, I'm certain they'd be slammed - and rightlly so.

The problem seems to be with oral sex and many people here obviously have different and irreconcilable views with respect to the amount of risk that is acceptable. As I've written before, the risk a 60-year old man is prepared to take, wrt HIV, might be very different to that of a 20-year old.

QUOTE:
STDs are so important they deserve to be openly discussed, ...

What you're suggesting is just more of the same ... constant bickering and no conclusion.

QUOTE:
IMHO we need a gentle but uncompromising approach to vetting the quality of posts about STDs, ...

And, pray tell, just who is the AIDS 'expert' on this forum who is going to 'vet' our posts? If we're talking about providing a source for our information, we all already know that you can find an internet source to verify whatever views anyone might have. It would be easy to provide a source that 'proves' HIV is not transmitted by sex. Would that be OK?

QUOTE:
  they [STDs] are literally a matter of life and death, ...

That's exactly why we, as amateurs, shouldn't be advising bros on what is 'safe' and what is 'not safe'. When the subject comes up, as it frequently will, bros should be referred to a reputable website, such as the CDC and advice shouldn't be given by bros on this forum - except for the obvious advice - ALWAYS wear a condom.

Edit: We could also promote the line recently used by twiceAweek - 'sex is only safe when there is no exchange of bodily fluids'. I think the forum, as an official policy, should promote SAFE SEX. It would also be good for the forum's image.

[ Last edited by  pisser at 28-1-2010 13:20 ]
Weelock
Throbbing Titan

UID 69
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4376
Posts 2584
Karma 4304
Acceptance 1435
Reading Access 70
Registered 19-2-2007
Location Mars Colony, Mongo City
Status Offline
Post at 28-1-2010 13:30  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by pisser at 28-1-2010 12:52

I think the forum already has an important standard - I can't recall anyone ever promoting BBFS or BB anal as being safe. If anyone did, I'm certain they'd be slammed - and rightlly so.

The problem ...

For BBFS, I know for a fact, there are members that will try to BBFS with working girls.  They are not forward and upfront with it because they know they will be criticize.  I am on a few other board ( forums ), and I see pictures of guys going backback.      

My friend told me about stories of guys he meets for the first time, trying to force girls to go bareback. One time was at a sauna. Another time was with a girl he helped another guy to pick up.  He found out because the girls complaining, they did not want to wear a condom. These guys couldn't speak any Chinese and took advantage of my friend. He asked them was it true, they didn't say a word. These guys don't care about STD or the consequences.

To stop all discussions on this topic of STD is not right because this forum is about sex.

EDIT: grammer errors

[ Last edited by  Weelock at 28-1-2010 14:48 ]
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21117
Posts 20505
Karma 20541
Acceptance 11525
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 28-1-2010 14:53  Profile P.M. 
Have you guys read the Forum Etiquette and FAQ threads ?
There's already a small section there that talks about STD ... maybe we need to expand on that ?
DArtagnan (unofficial Mayor of the Forum)
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 28-1-2010 23:05  Profile P.M. 
Damn, I don't agree again!

QUOTE:
Originally posted by pisser at 28-1-2010 12:52
... who is the AIDS 'expert'  ...

don't misconstrue me: I'm NOT saying we should vet for factual accuracy, I'm saying we should vet the claims being and assertions made, for making it clear where the line is between verifiable hard data and personal preference.

Hear Ye!  The Mayor has spoken!
doghead (dog)
Erotic Emperor

UID 16705
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2985
Posts 2230
Karma 2893
Acceptance 1832
Reading Access 60
Registered 2-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 29-1-2010 05:08  Profile P.M. 
If you read the links about the various STDs on the CDC site, you will learn that younger women are more susceptible to getting stds and carrying stds.  The reason being is that the vaginas of teens and young women are not fully matured yet ( I guess their vagina skins are easier to tear or scratch making easier for stds to enter).  So guys one addition way to minimize your chance of stds is to stick with 30yo and older women.

Recent Ratings
pisser   29-1-2010 13:46  Acceptance  +2   You're kidding, right?
venetiangirls
Kinky King

UID 23344
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1141
Posts 1304
Karma 1141
Acceptance 6
Reading Access 50
Registered 11-4-2009
Status Offline
Post at 29-1-2010 06:49  Profile P.M. 
Reply #48 doghead's post

nah!!! I think that might be a problem for many of the members here. They want them  young and 30 is a bit over the hill. Whats the next solution?
pisser
Lustful Lord

UID 14751
Digest Posts 0
Credits 702
Posts 647
Karma 700
Acceptance 49
Reading Access 40
Registered 28-9-2008
Status Offline
Post at 29-1-2010 13:45  Profile P.M. 
Reply #46 twiceAweek's post

Yeah, that's a good start. But I think it should have it's own thread and include lnks to suitable websites.
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21117
Posts 20505
Karma 20541
Acceptance 11525
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 29-1-2010 16:09  Profile P.M. 
Reply #50 pisser's post

Yes, definately its own thread, with a link to it in the FAQ and FE
cbd
Banned

UID 28936
Digest Posts 0
Credits 243
Posts 659
Karma 243
Acceptance -8
Reading Access 0
Registered 7-8-2009
Status Offline
Post at 30-1-2010 13:38  Profile P.M. 
omg, i cant believe a mod started yet another thread on this topic.
i cannot begin the imagine the bashing if a newbie had started this same thing. god damnit someone come fuck me!
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21117
Posts 20505
Karma 20541
Acceptance 11525
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 30-1-2010 14:12  Profile P.M. 
Reply #52 cbd's post

Did you actually read the first post before shooting your mouth off ?
doghead (dog)
Erotic Emperor

UID 16705
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2985
Posts 2230
Karma 2893
Acceptance 1832
Reading Access 60
Registered 2-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 1-2-2010 13:48  Profile P.M. 
I wish I was kidding, but after reading the links posted by 56kicks, there is a risk with sleeping with females 25 yo and younger.

Here are the links:

http://www.cdc.gov/STD/PID/STDFact-PID.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/STD/chlamydia/STDFact-Chlamydia.htm

If you read the part about How Women get PID and How Do People Get Chlamydia, it clearly says younger women are in a greater risk because of their immature cervix.

I guess as long as I stick with the saunas, I am pretty safe.
krm422
Musky Member

UID 48286
Digest Posts 0
Credits 130
Posts 26
Karma 129
Acceptance 15
Reading Access 20
Registered 16-7-2010
Location HKG/SFO/LHR
Status Offline
Post at 10-8-2010 22:00  Profile P.M. 
Its probably a little late for me to join the discussion on this subject. However, after reading page after page of this thread there seems to be the tendency on the part of many of us to make assumptions and give opinions about what is safe and what isn't. As twiceAweek has said: We are not qualified to answer these questions.

The only reason I am responding to this is to ask each person here to simply THINK before they decide to engage in unprotected DATY or BBBJ. I am not making a judgement about whether it is right or wrong because that is each person's individual decision, but just remember that this is risky behaviour and some things can't be cured by shaving your pubic hair or taking medication.

Please respect yourself enough to take the precautions that will keep you safe and enjoying these girls company for many years to come and JUST as important. Please have enough respect for these lovely girls to take enough precautions to keep the girls who are willing to pleasure you just as safe.
haroldla
Banned

UID 23978
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1157
Posts 795
Karma 1156
Acceptance 10
Reading Access 0
Registered 24-4-2009
Status Offline
Post at 11-8-2010 02:19  Profile P.M. 
Just want to add a little bit more colour on this. I think many of us thought using condom can prevent STDs. In fact, condom is just minimized the chance to get STDs but cannot 100% prevent because once some body fluid touched your skin than you would have a chance to infected. This is why some people still get herps at their bottom part of penis because that part is not covered by condom.
rockypop
Lustful Lord

UID 11671
Digest Posts 0
Credits 595
Posts 709
Karma 594
Acceptance 25
Reading Access 40
Registered 25-5-2008
Status Offline
Post at 12-8-2010 11:57  Profile P.M. 
an add-in from me, in the US you can purchase instant HIV tests - similar to pregnancy tests DIY.  you find these self-tests for STDs available, which doesn't show up in places like Asia
gangster
Lustful Lord

UID 38799
Digest Posts 0
Credits 515
Posts 570
Karma 514
Acceptance 19
Reading Access 40
Registered 27-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 12-8-2010 22:04  Profile P.M. 
I agree with the sticky part. That's the only way.
However, just links to the CDC simply aren't enough. There are many more questions that the websites don't offer, eg. the risk (give a number) of contracting each of the individual pathogens for each technique.
If there aren't clear cut answers to such questions, then let it be known that there isn't a clear cut answer.
The best thing would be a concise summary in the opening paragraph requiring all newbies to read through before posting. The opening paragraph should be updated as new relevant questions are posed.