Karma 2
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 27-9-2010
Status Offline
Post at 17-10-2010 02:33  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Reply #1 atomic3d's post

Good to know.  When I visited Taiwan 2 years ago, mongering was prohibitively expensive.  

I think the argument for legalization is that this industry is going to exist whether it is legal or not.  So why not legalize it so that the government can collect taxes on it and regulate it better?  This should make it less dangerous and decrease the spread of stds.  It makes sense even if people see prostitution as a problem in society.  For those people, they should want to legalize it in order to control it.  When it's underground, they have no way of regulating the practice, but when it is legal, they can limit the size of the operation and have rules for health and safety.

For us mongerers, we should be happy as well, for obvious reasons.
afcom
Nookie Newbie

UID 53570
Digest Posts 0
Credits 80
Posts 84
Karma 80
Acceptance 4
Reading Access 10
Registered 15-10-2010
Status Offline
Post at 17-10-2010 08:31  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by captaincaveman at 16-10-2010 22:03
now afcom you are in a really interesting position here buddy. this is what you have posted on this matter.
AFCOM states this in his post:

Sorry, i think you misintepreted my post.

I didnt say i visited them.

I was trying to be modest and ask for peoples opinion on which countries are best to visit since i had a vague idea of what is the best and would like to hear from more experienced bros. My list i posted was from informtion gathered here and from friends. And it surprised me Taiwan is up there. I was definately NOT trying to tell anyone which is best because i dont know, im here to learn

[ Last edited by  afcom at 17-10-2010 08:37 ]
SEAJ (***Call me Sean Sweet Swede***)
Banned

UID 21354
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7732
Posts 7074
Karma 7559
Acceptance 3458
Reading Access 0
Registered 4-3-2009
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 17-10-2010 12:39  Profile P.M. 
Reply #22 afcom's post

Just a suggestion bro - and one which I hope you will take in the same goodwill as I offer it.

But your original post - the one I questioned - certainly did not seem as if you're just being modest and asking question; in fact it sounded very much as if you DO know it and as such telling us all as to what is correct.

It's perfectly OK that you want to learn more about punting etc but guys here gets really turned off by guys writing too stridently.  In fact, I learn something new just about everyday reading this forum - and I ain't no Spring chicken!

Also, have you had a chance to read the "getting started" section - especially etiquette?  I made the mistake of just skimming thru it and NOT actually understanding the wealth of information therein when I first started here - and of course really did pay a price for it then!

So my suggestion is that you do read that section and get it all in, for it will make your membership here the pleasure it is for a lot of us - plus of course learning a lot of things!

Good luck to you bro - And good reading!

Regards

SEAJ
afcom
Nookie Newbie

UID 53570
Digest Posts 0
Credits 80
Posts 84
Karma 80
Acceptance 4
Reading Access 10
Registered 15-10-2010
Status Offline
Post at 17-10-2010 16:08  Profile P.M. 
Yeah sorry for coming off so harsh. Definately not what i intended

Illl re-read the info as i skimmed it too.

Cheers

Recent Ratings
SEAJ   17-10-2010 20:59  Acceptance  +1   That's the spirit! Thanks!
haroldla
Banned

UID 23978
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1157
Posts 795
Karma 1156
Acceptance 10
Reading Access 0
Registered 24-4-2009
Status Offline
Post at 17-10-2010 19:05  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by tkc1 at 17-10-2010 02:33
Good to know.  When I visited Taiwan 2 years ago, mongering was prohibitively expensive.  

I think the argument for legalization is that this industry is going to exist whether it is legal or not.  S ...

yes. mongering in a good place in Taiwan is expensive and my experience in an expensive place is around/at least US$1000. But i am sure they also have a place where the price is more reasonable - my friend did ask the taxi driver to take him to those place but he was too scary to go in there once arrived because that place was too old and seems a bit unsafe for a foreigner in there.
atomic3d
Throbbing Titan

UID 41127
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3282
Posts 2642
Karma 3157
Acceptance 2501
Reading Access 70
Registered 10-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 18-10-2010 07:51  Profile P.M. 
Women's rights groups balk at decriminalizing prostitution

Sun, Oct 17, 2010

Women's rights groups yesterday came together to denounce the government's plan to decriminalize prostitution and allow sex workers to set up small businesses, challenging the administration's stance by asking whether it wished to boost the sex trade industry or reduce it.
At a press conference yesterday centered around the theme of "Coalition Against Sexual Exploitation," members of The Garden of Hope Foundation and the Taipei Women's Rescue Foundation called for Executive Yuan Premier Wu Den-yih to withdraw plans to completely decriminalize the sex trade by the end of this year.
They stressed that until the social community reaches a consensus on the issue, the government should not implement a timetable and make relevant policies or legislation in haste.
Premier Wu has responded to the claims by clarifying that discussions on the topic are currently in the public hearing stage and have not yet become legislative policies.
The Ministry of the Interior (MOI) said four public hearings have been conducted since August and that the current announcements were made in line with expert and scholarly opinions at the hearings.
The MOI announced on Wednesday its plan to decriminalize the sex trade and allow prostitutes to operate small-scale business brothels in proposed "sex zones."
Taipei Women's Rescue Foundation director Kang Shu-hua described the government's declaration as shirking management responsibilities from the central government to its local counterparts, a sign of the government making the sex trade a legitimate industry, thus jeopardizing the disadvantaged women by exposing them to the control of crime syndicates.
Lee Li-fen, a spokesperson for End Child Prostitution in Asian Tourism (ECPAT) Taiwan said that written in the Grand Justices Council Adjudication Act is the idea that the administration will help disadvantaged women with vocational training, counseling, education, employment or other means to enhance their work capacity and economic situation in order to eliminate sex trade as a means of livelihood.
However, the MOI policy has not only inadvertently presented prostitution as the central means of livelihood for vulnerable women, Lee argued, but also demonstrates that the administration cares only for policies that are easy and expedient though completely ignoring the wellbeing of disadvantaged women.
According to Wang Yue of the Garden of Hope Foundation, the MOI is leaning towards the one-woman brothel model of Hong Kong by trying to integrate sex work with public life, thus condoning the industry of sexual transactions. By opening this window, Wang described the government as ushering in the operations of the underworld, giving more opportunities to crime syndicates in the issue of human trafficking.
All the women's rights group who attended the "Coalition against Sexual Exploitation" were firmly against the legalization of the sex trade. Describing themselves as strong advocates in reducing the sex industry, the women did say they were for the punishment of clients, who on top of being penalized, should contribute "social monetary donations" to foundations for disadvantaged and sexually abused women.
Taiwan's existing law bans prostitution, although if caught in the act, sex workers are the ones punished while their clients are free from persecution.
Link here:
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Lat ... 0101017-242690.html
geoduck
Godfather of Hole

UID 41248
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7512
Posts 3232
Karma 7419
Acceptance 1854
Reading Access 90
Registered 12-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 18-10-2010 08:48  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by atomic3d at 18-10-2010 07:51
All the women's rights group who attended the "Coalition against Sexual Exploitation" were firmly against the legalization of the sex trade. Describing themselves as strong advocates in reducing the sex industry, the women did say they were for the punishment of clients, who on top of being penalized, should contribute "social monetary donations" to foundations for disadvantaged and sexually abused women..

I could see that the women wouldn't want their husbands sneaking off to see a WG but to penalize the client is really unfair. I hope this new legislation gets approved as there is a basic need for this type of service in Taiwan. Taiwanese are top KTV customers in Guangdong province so let them go mongering in their own country.
genuis8
Nookie Newbie

UID 35275
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21
Posts 17
Karma 21
Acceptance 8
Reading Access 10
Registered 30-11-2009
Status Offline
Post at 18-10-2010 09:17  Profile P.M. 
As far as I know, prostitution is legal in Taiwan. However, you need a government "permit" to operate as a prostitute AND the esteemed Mayor of Taipei, around 20 years back, decided to NOT RENEW these permits, thereby making Sex Workers committing a crime. Of course, women's rights groups DO NOT want this legalization to happen !

Recent Ratings
SEAJ   18-10-2010 11:56  Acceptance  +2   Yes, that's what I thought too,
twfun
Master Mongerer

UID 3172
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5606
Posts 1174
Karma 5545
Acceptance 1212
Reading Access 80
Registered 11-9-2007
Location Taipei, Taiwan
Status Offline
Post at 25-10-2010 15:31  Profile P.M. 
I will beleive this when I see it.  Although the news media reports this sort of stuff, I am not sure that it will ever happen.  We suspect that it will but it will take some time.  Though as mentioned above all the prostitution here is underground for the most part. Getting those girls above ground even if and when the law changes to legal, I wonder what will happen, honestly..  It would be nice if a system was in place to get the girls to check for STD's etc, it would make us all a little more relaxed.