Acceptance 286
Reading Access 50
Registered 10-5-2019
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 12-2-2022 13:48  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
End of our hobby?

How do we cope with the recent outbreak?
Is this the end of our hobby or does any brother here has some tips for safe mongering?
I have not been to any walk up since the start of the outbreak some 2 years ago instead move to Indonesian and Fillipina helpers on SKOUT.
The problem now is where to rent a hotel room without showing ID or scanning the leave home safe app?
Don’t think any of us who has a SO wants to tell home that you have to do a compulsory testing because you went to an hourly hotel or being locked up in a building!
Please share your thoughts or have any recommendations in these difficult times.
Stay safe everyone!
Rickymonkey626
Kinky King

UID 278146
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1620
Posts 63
Karma 1607
Acceptance 260
Reading Access 50
Registered 8-7-2021
Status Offline
Post at 12-2-2022 14:02  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 Candy_bar's post

That is a great question and all valid points

I guess safest at the moment would be getting a hotel room. I am aware Victoria does not need ID but will surely ask for the LeaveHome safe app so in that case get a 2nd phone that you rarely will use.

I got invited to a sauna that is still open and supposedly safe as the owner paid off the popo but you can never be 100% sure it is safe. A hotel is anytime safer than being caught during a raid in a massage parlour with your LB in the ladies mouth.

If you at a hotel then around the “brunch” time is likely to be quiet. Taking the risk to tag the LeaveHomeSafe app and pray no one has a case there.

Those are my thoughts
Hoverbee
Kinky King

UID 279920
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1609
Posts 110
Karma 1590
Acceptance 389
Reading Access 50
Registered 9-11-2021
Status Offline
Post at 12-2-2022 15:12  Profile P.M. 
CTN

From previous experience, Work Company never requested to show them proof of the Leave Home Safe app notification nor that I did the test itself. When I request time off for the CTN, they just request to present the -ve test result when it comes in.

I understand different companies have different procedures but maybe can check the details and safe yourself some stress.

Also, I will try to look for the contact of a skout girl I came across once. She did offer meeting at her place on Sundays only. I never met her as she was not MCOT but it can be useful for bros with your same worries.

If I find the contact I will post it.  

Keep bro spirits up!
Rickymonkey626
Kinky King

UID 278146
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1620
Posts 63
Karma 1607
Acceptance 260
Reading Access 50
Registered 8-7-2021
Status Offline
Post at 12-2-2022 15:14  Profile P.M. 

That is a great question and all valid points

I guess safest at the moment would be getting a hotel room. I am aware Victoria does not need ID but will surely ask for the LeaveHome safe app so in that case get a 2nd phone that you rarely will use.

I got invited to a sauna that is still open and supposedly safe as the owner paid off the popo but you can never be 100% sure it is safe. A hotel is anytime safer than being caught during a raid in a massage parlour with your LB in the ladies mouth.

If you at a hotel then around the “brunch” time is likely to be quiet. Taking the risk to tag the LeaveHomeSafe app and pray no one has a case there.

Those are my thoughts
HK_Legend
Master Mongerer

UID 279174
Digest Posts 0
Credits 6578
Posts 781
Karma 6362
Acceptance 4324
Reading Access 80
Registered 13-9-2021
Status Offline
Post at 12-2-2022 15:56  Profile P.M. 

NEVER my ST hotel asked me to show a HKID
(first times, I asked the girl to write Minnie Mouse on their papers...and after a couple of times they never asked again)  
or to use LeaveHomeSafe (in fact, there are perfectly legal solutions, LeaveHomeStealth).
They never had any problem when rules early 2021 were 2 per room...but I was walking with 2 ladies; they just charged for 2 rooms, i.e. 4 persons
They were too happy to collect generous tips.

In fact, I went there on friday morning with a 141. Esasier and safer than her place. No name, no LeaveHomeSafe, just temperature check.

In july 2021, there was no fxcking way I would walk into JB with 141s at my arm and show my NAME or my HKID to the staff
...while I had EVERYTHING fair and square (and the ladies too!)
to make sure that the police would NEVER blame the bar staff for any LeaveHomeSafe or Vaccination Record failure.
All planned months before.

DAILY "Ambush Lockdow" in a EMPTY ST hotel sounds extremely unlikely, especially when ~ invisible...so obviously better avoid Victoria.

Recent Ratings
chaudement   21-2-2022 22:33  Acceptance  +4   How do I get "LeaveHomeStealth"? Thanks.
Rickymonkey626
Kinky King

UID 278146
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1620
Posts 63
Karma 1607
Acceptance 260
Reading Access 50
Registered 8-7-2021
Status Offline
Post at 15-2-2022 12:15  Profile P.M. 
Reply #5 HK_Legend's post

Thanks for the great advice.

May I ask where is this ST hotel that you use? Can DM me if you want to keep it private.

Cheers Legend
Candy_bar
Kinky King

UID 257240
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1827
Posts 90
Karma 1813
Acceptance 286
Reading Access 50
Registered 10-5-2019
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 15-2-2022 13:08  Profile P.M. 
Reply #2 Rickymonkey626's post

I went to Victoria last weekend with my regular.
Both were asked to scan the LeaveHomeSafe app and fill in the usual fake info.
Think from 24 Feb onwards need to upload the vaccination record to the LeaveHomeSafe app.
Not sure whether the hotels need vaccination to enter but if so that means the second phone option is no longer working.
Heard from bro’s on TG channels that even the filthy hourlies in MK and PE need to scan the app so will be a major challenge to find a place to have fun.
HKGPeter
Carnal Conqueror

UID 131203
Digest Posts 0
Credits 285
Posts 31
Karma 281
Acceptance 78
Reading Access 30
Registered 5-7-2015
Status Offline
Post at 25-2-2022 14:33  Profile P.M. 
Reply #7 Candy_bar's post

According to a government circular, so far as hotels and guesthouses are concerned, the vaccine pass is only required for "staff involved in the operation of the premises," so the LeaveHomeSafe app without an uploaded vaccination record should be sufficient. The government website (https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/pdf/vp_t3A_ENG.pdf) says "no vaccination requirement for patrons," but it does say that you need to scan the QR code. It may change in the future, but those are the requirements as of today.

[ Last edited by  HKGPeter at 25-2-2022 15:00 ]
cyberience
Carnal Conqueror

UID 98911
Digest Posts 0
Credits 403
Posts 39
Karma 393
Acceptance 193
Reading Access 30
Registered 24-11-2012
Status Offline
Post at 25-2-2022 14:42  Profile P.M. 
Don't know if you guys realise, but if you delete the app and then reinstall it, all the visit records will be gone, but the vaccination record will need to be re-added.
Another option I see is to have a second cheap phone that you keep in the office or away from home, keep it turned off, and only use it for these visits.

As for tracking. Government is tracking the IP address of connected devices using the leave home safe. so at the Government end they can track the phone pings sent back through the app to their servers, I spoke to a guy who works for the developer of the app and they farm the IP of the devices, so though you do not report to the server which locations you visited, they do have the IP tracking.
So if they want to do the Red Light Green Light on the app, they can, and reinstalling the app will have the same Device ID. So basicly from the server side, they can track movement, but from the client side, the visit records are gone so your SO (What ever SO means [Special One?) will not see where you been and the app will not alert if a place you visited is gone from the app.
HK_Legend
Master Mongerer

UID 279174
Digest Posts 0
Credits 6578
Posts 781
Karma 6362
Acceptance 4324
Reading Access 80
Registered 13-9-2021
Status Offline
Post at 25-2-2022 16:28  Profile P.M. 
Reply #9 cyberience's post

you do NOT need a SIM card in your EXTRA dumb "smartphones"
(but pick them WISELY so that the MAC does not annoy you).

Delete APP and reinstall:
Yes even did that on ONE of my burners ...before SO back in HK was out of quarantine in August ....considering the frequency of the visits
to Joe Bananas !!     I however saved the list of "crimes" (so cute) in an e-mailm not connected tome.

When you need WiFi, use a NON-signed laptop with a USB Telenor dongle and a prepaid SIM.
That creates your local Wifi for your dumb smartphone to download the app.

And ...many more of the same caliber....that I have been using for one year.