Reading Access 60
Registered 21-5-2008
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 21-4-2010 10:32  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
iPhone 4 revealed

Bros,

I'm sure most of you have seen it but for those of you who haven't.. here's the next iPhone:

http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

The dudes from Apple even sent this guy a letter asking for him to return it: http://gizmodo.com/5520479/a-let ... kyline=true&s=i

Funny stuff
rockypop
Lustful Lord

UID 11671
Digest Posts 0
Credits 595
Posts 709
Karma 594
Acceptance 25
Reading Access 40
Registered 25-5-2008
Status Offline
Post at 21-4-2010 10:48  Profile P.M. 
wow, the next apple phone looks more like a phone being so boxy, but nothing all too special?
easygoing78
Musky Member

UID 42631
Digest Posts 0
Credits 162
Posts 144
Karma 161
Acceptance 12
Reading Access 20
Registered 6-4-2010
Status Offline
Post at 21-4-2010 10:57  Profile P.M. 
im looking forward to the high res screen.  

im still kinda curious about the front facing camera, because in the US, AT&T doesn't have the network capability to have 2 way video calls.  not yet at least.
geoduck
Godfather of Hole

UID 41248
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7512
Posts 3232
Karma 7419
Acceptance 1854
Reading Access 90
Registered 12-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 21-4-2010 11:31  Profile P.M. 
I wouldn't give to my credibility to Gizmodo. I don't believe this phone was found in a bar at Redwood City. Why would one of the engineers bring it out drinking in the first place. Correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression that iPhone 4 is the latest version of the iPhone OS, not new hardware.
easygoing78
Musky Member

UID 42631
Digest Posts 0
Credits 162
Posts 144
Karma 161
Acceptance 12
Reading Access 20
Registered 6-4-2010
Status Offline
Post at 21-4-2010 11:57  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by geoduck at 21-4-2010 11:31
I wouldn't give to my credibility to Gizmodo. I don't believe this phone was found in a bar at Redwood City. Why would one of the engineers bring it out drinking in the first place. Correct me if I'm  ...

So you are correct in the sense that the new OS that has be officially announced is called.. "iPhone 4.0 OS"

Still people deem this next generation to be the iPhone 4, because it is the 4th version/edition.

Some people like to call it iPhone 4G, which i believe is a horrible lie in itself.  It will most likely operate on the same 3G networks (in the states at least) as the previousversion, simply because to date, there is no 4G network by AT&T released.  4G networks are also know as LTE networks and while AT&T has already established this network in certain metropolitan areas, it is doubtful that it can be ready by this summer.

im an iPhone whore, can you tell?
ruggers15
Erotic Emperor

UID 11575
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2576
Posts 743
Karma 2555
Acceptance 429
Reading Access 60
Registered 21-5-2008
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 21-4-2010 14:14  Profile P.M. 
Yeap.. iphone 4.0 OS should be pretty pimped out. Multi-tasking and most importantly FOLDERS!!! I have so many pages of apps and can't wait to put them all in folders..
bizzyb
Carnal Conqueror

UID 31679
Digest Posts 0
Credits 408
Posts 307
Karma 405
Acceptance 55
Reading Access 30
Registered 25-9-2009
Status Offline
Post at 21-4-2010 14:26  Profile P.M. 
Reply #4 geoduck's post

its legit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_ga ... GsDYXBwbGV0b2dpem1v

Apple to Gizmodo: Yep, that's our phone, and we want it back
Well, I guess this settles it as far as the authenticity of Gizmodo's iPhone 4G scoop Monday. The definitive piece of evidence: a letter from Apple's top lawyer, formally requesting the safe return of the wayward next-generation iPhone — the one left on a Redwood City barstool last month by a young (and surely red-faced) Apple software engineer.

Gizmodo posted the letter late Monday, and the missive — while firm in tone, and signed by Apple General Counsel and Senior VP Bruce Sewell — stops short of making any legal threats, at least for the time being:

It has come to our attention that GIZMODO is currently in possession of a device that belongs to Apple. This letter constitutes a formal request that you return the device to Apple. Please let me know where to pick up the unit.

Gizmodo Editorial Director Brian Lam replied cheekily that the lost, radically redesigned iPhone was "burning a hole in our pockets" and that he was "happy to see it returned to its rightful owner" now that "we definitely know it's not some knockoff."

The news came just hours after the bloggers Gizmodo described how a 27-year-old software engineer at Apple (who is named and pictured in the post, by the way) managed to leave the precious iPhone 4G prototype — disguised to look like an iPhone 3GS — on a barstool at the Gourmet Haus Straut, a "nice German beer garden" in Redwood City, about 20 miles northwest of Apple HQ in Cupertino. (Engadget had blogged over the weekend that the phone was lost in a San Jose watering hole, leading to some initial confusion.)

Having downed a few brews, the hapless Apple engineer eventually rolled out of the bar, according to Gizmodo, absentmindedly leaving behind the next-generation iPhone (which he'd been field testing, the post said). Hey, it happens. (If I had a nickel for every time I left a credit card at a bar ... ) Another man in the bar ended up taking the phone home, peeled off the protective jacket the next day, and realized he had a windfall on his hands.

And as we all now know, "weeks later, Gizmodo got it," says Gawker Media Inc.'s Gizmodo — leaving out a key detail that Nick Denton, founder of Gawker Media, filled in later for the Associated Press: The company paid $5,000 for it.

What followed, I'm sure, was a scene similar to the wonderful sequence in the BBC version of "State of Play": The editors huddled with their lawyers, the crucial evidence (a suitcase of documents in "State of Play," an iPhone in the case of Gizmodo) on a table before them, trying to suss out whether they should write a story or call the police.

So, is Gizmodo in trouble? Hard to say, but the L.A. Times tech blog checked in with UC Irvine law professor Henry Weinstein, who says Gizmodo is probably in the clear: "Journalists generally do not get prosecuted for being in receipt of stolen documents, as opposed to the person who received the documents and turned them over." (It's worth noting that Gizmodo claims the iPhone in question wasn't stolen — merely "lost.")

Now, Apple may find some other way to punish the Gizmodo guys (who are fast becoming the Merry Pranksters of tech bloggerdom) — perhaps a different legal route, or it may freeze out Gizmodo in terms of access to Apple reps and review samples. Then again, Apple reportedly had already snubbed Gizmodo by refusing to give it an advance review iPad, so ... sounds like Gizmodo's iPhone scoop may have been sweet revenge for the spurned blog.

And c'mon: Here's Apple, perhaps the most infamously paranoid company of all time, complete with triple-secret security zones, blackout curtains hung over conference room windows, flashing red warning lights, prototype devices chained to tables, and all that — only to suffer the (arguably) worst security breach in its history because some poor guy left the next iPhone on a barstool. The irony is just too rich.

Of course, this is all inside baseball (albeit a fascinating game of inside baseball); in the end, we're left with what appears to be an enticing new iPhone, with a revamped design (flat and shiny on the front and back, trim aluminum sides, thinner but a bit heavier), dual cameras (with a front-facing lens for video chat), a bigger battery, and what appears to be a higher-resolution display. The design may change between now and the final shipping date — after all, the phone Gizmodo snagged may only have been a prototype — but still, there's little question that the iPhone as we know it is poised for some big changes.
rockypop
Lustful Lord

UID 11671
Digest Posts 0
Credits 595
Posts 709
Karma 594
Acceptance 25
Reading Access 40
Registered 25-5-2008
Status Offline
Post at 21-4-2010 14:32  Profile P.M. 
I just read on Bloomberg about this, Gizmodo has already returned the ipod to apple
NLion
Carnal Conqueror

UID 4290
Digest Posts 0
Credits 331
Posts 318
Karma 330
Acceptance 24
Reading Access 30
Registered 10-11-2007
Status Offline
Post at 21-4-2010 15:07  Profile P.M. 
Could all be just a nice marketing trick for Apple to make people curious and want it more.....

Sorta like Steve saying 'Yes, this is amazing..... you can... now... internet.. wherever... whenever... you want.... with the new.. iPAD!... THIS is...incredible!'
speedracer
Lustful Lord

UID 17813
Digest Posts 0
Credits 512
Posts 346
Karma 507
Acceptance 91
Reading Access 40
Registered 24-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 21-4-2010 18:03  Profile P.M. 
Apple is losing its competitive edge. The competition is starting to catch up. I personally dont like the new iphone. I think I would rather get the new Android phones that are out.
champ
Nookie Newbie

UID 43338
Digest Posts 0
Credits 16
Posts 19
Karma 16
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 19-4-2010
Status Offline
Post at 21-4-2010 20:44  Profile P.M. 
The talk at the bar tonight is supposedly the chap that lost the phone is fired now, need to find some articles on it but I'm sure its just a matter of time. I'm sure losing the Iphone prototype won't look too good on his resume...
gary0201
Nookie Newbie

UID 9545
Digest Posts 0
Credits 34
Posts 21
Karma 34
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 18-3-2008
Status Offline
Post at 21-4-2010 20:46  Profile P.M. 
Its really interesting how this news came out.  I feel sorry for the guy who lost it.
cpstunnaz
Lustful Lord

UID 9783
Digest Posts 0
Credits 541
Posts 495
Karma 540
Acceptance 25
Reading Access 40
Registered 25-3-2008
Location Planet Earth
Status Offline
Post at 22-4-2010 03:42  Profile P.M. 
wow i barely had my iphone 3gs for a year and now another version. the new one looks a little to boxy and the features doesn't make me wanna upgrade. but people will always want whats new.
easygoing78
Musky Member

UID 42631
Digest Posts 0
Credits 162
Posts 144
Karma 161
Acceptance 12
Reading Access 20
Registered 6-4-2010
Status Offline
Post at 22-4-2010 03:58  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by cpstunnaz at 22-4-2010 03:42
wow i barely had my iphone 3gs for a year and now another version. the new one looks a little to boxy and the features doesn't make me wanna upgrade. but people will always want whats new.

im in the same boat.  Got my 3Gs at launch last year.  I kinda expected them to release a new version this year, as they have been doing every year since the original iphone 2g, but it sucks cause i wont be eligible for an upgrade.

FYI, if your on ATT and your in my situation where you got the 3GS last year (only fulfilled 1 year of your 2 year contract), they only way you can be upgrade eligible is to have $100+ of monthly revenue on your phone bill (rate plan, text, data).  At least this is how they determined it last year for 3G owners at the 3GS launch.
newyorkcityskap
Carnal Conqueror

UID 26225
Digest Posts 0
Credits 260
Posts 273
Karma 259
Acceptance 23
Reading Access 30
Registered 13-6-2009
Status Offline
Post at 22-4-2010 06:17  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by easygoing78 at 21-4-2010 11:57

So you are correct in the sense that the new OS that has be officially announced is called.. "iPhone 4.0 OS"

Still people deem this next generation to be the iPhone 4, because it is the 4 ...

4G stands for 4th generation and has nothing to do with the network. There has been 3 iphones so far: iPhone, iPhone 3g and iPhone 3gs.
sex1
Carnal Conqueror

UID 27693
Digest Posts 0
Credits 252
Posts 261
Karma 253
Acceptance -13
Reading Access 30
Registered 14-7-2009
Status Offline
Post at 22-4-2010 08:33  Profile P.M. 
I was really hoping for a new design from the 4G.  3 generations of a similar design is already overdoing it.
dfoperative
Nookie Newbie

UID 28533
Digest Posts 0
Credits 31
Posts 65
Karma 31
Acceptance -7
Reading Access 10
Registered 30-7-2009
Status Offline
Post at 22-4-2010 12:18  Profile P.M. 
it's not similarity. it's homology
wonder what's gonna happen to gray powell
tonkachi
Lustful Lord

UID 3263
Digest Posts 0
Credits 841
Posts 565
Karma 820
Acceptance 410
Reading Access 40
Registered 18-9-2007
Status Offline
Post at 22-4-2010 12:23  Profile P.M. 
I'm thinking apple is doing it to generate more publicity for their phone...it looks very boxy now though what happen to their rounded edges
arkanone
Carnal Conqueror

UID 8846
Digest Posts 0
Credits 411
Posts 91
Karma 407
Acceptance 75
Reading Access 30
Registered 27-2-2008
Status Offline
Post at 22-4-2010 14:48  Profile P.M. 
No, it is not a publicity from Apple, sure ! Impossible !
It is a drama that this kind of model was photographied and published like this, cause it gives informations to competitors.

I worked a lot with Palm several years ago. They add around 10 differents Palm form Labs in real tests. On these 10 devices, they kept 2-3, some for a quickly sell, others for next year.

Something I'm really sure : Apple really lost this device, and it is a test device, and all companies do this to test in real conditions.

Something I'm really not sure : who can say it is the next iPhone ? Perhaps it is a prototype for 2011. Nobody know this. Perhaps we will never see it in a shop.
sex1
Carnal Conqueror

UID 27693
Digest Posts 0
Credits 252
Posts 261
Karma 253
Acceptance -13
Reading Access 30
Registered 14-7-2009
Status Offline
Post at 22-4-2010 15:05  Profile P.M. 
Perhaps, it's not really the next iPhone.  Maybe even a Chinese made version of the iPhone.  There are so many copy cats in the Chinese market.