Reading Access 60
Registered 21-5-2008
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 22-12-2010 13:01  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Cell Phone sync.. HELP!

Bros,

I've got a free Samsung SCH-S239 for signing up with China Telecom the other day. It's a CDMA phone and a decent phone in general. Only problem is that it doesn't have bluetooth!!

I've scoured the different forums, websites, etc... to no avail. The "specs" on the official website says there is bluetooth function but I can't find it for the life of me (maybe the China model doesn't have this?). I'm desperately trying to sync my contacts from my Mac (via Outlook 2011) to this phone but to no avail! I can't use iSync because the phone doesn't have bluetooth!

I tried searching for a Mac version of PC studio but it all came out with bogus ads and what not. You guys are my last resort so any help will be greatly appreciated!!
geoduck
Godfather of Hole

UID 41248
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7512
Posts 3232
Karma 7419
Acceptance 1854
Reading Access 90
Registered 12-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 22-12-2010 14:21  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 ruggers15's post

I feel for you. Have had such compatibility problems before and sometimes ended up giving away the new phone on gadget which I had purchased.

Is your phone based on the android platform like the Samsung Galaxy? If so, you can try and sync using your contact list via gmail.
doghead (dog)
Erotic Emperor

UID 16705
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2985
Posts 2230
Karma 2893
Acceptance 1832
Reading Access 60
Registered 2-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 22-12-2010 14:42  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 ruggers15's post

Well information can be so sketchy on websites since information is rarely checked and verified.

According to this website, it says your phone supports Bluetooth 2.0.  

http://product.thethirdmedia.com/1028/param5956c39.html

But on this forum, someone asked the question if your phone has bluetooth and the answer was 'No'.  Check this link : http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/187996657.html

One way to resolve this issue (besides visiting the China Telecom shop), is too on your next visit to a sauna, ask the girl to help you locate the bluetooth function in the phone in case your Chinese reading skills are not good enough.  It is one way to break the ice and she may even voluntarily give you her contact numbers too.  

In the end, the only solution left is to find a data transfer cable for this phone or do the transfer manually using ur sim card. Or do what Geoduck suggests, give the phone away preferably to a wg with whom you want to cultivate a relationship.
ruggers15
Erotic Emperor

UID 11575
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2576
Posts 743
Karma 2555
Acceptance 429
Reading Access 60
Registered 21-5-2008
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 22-12-2010 22:59  Profile P.M. 
Thanks for the prompt reply guys..

Geo - na.. this doesn't run on android... It's a very basic phone (like those old Nokias) but with 3G but no bluetooth!! wtf?!

Doghead - thanks for the links. I've set the phone up so it's English but still.. no luck. And you're right.. maybe have to go to China to visit a SN and get the girl to help me out! ;)