Karma 13
Acceptance 1
Reading Access 10
Registered 14-5-2011
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2011 06:24  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
? How to stay online in HK (visitor)

Later this year, I will be visiting Hong Kong for a couple days of mongering, and some sightseeing, too. I'm currently in Germany and never been to HK so far.

From what I've seen, the list of walk-up girls on the 141 site seems to undergo great changes every day, with girls disappearing as fast as they popped up, so I understand it will be essential for me to stay online daily while in HK.

Since I do not own a laptop computer, my question would be: is there any place in HK (internet-café or the like) where it is possible to privately surf the internet, without sitting in the middle of a room where 10 other people can stare right onto my screen and see that I'm looking for a decent punt?

Or is the only choice to buy a laptop and bring it along to surf in the privacy of my hotel room?

I also understand that online access won't be necessary for pick-up bars, K pressure and the like, but a walk-up would be nice from time to time. Thanks in advance!
locus58
Lustful Lord

UID 62628
Digest Posts 0
Credits 904
Posts 605
Karma 895
Acceptance 189
Reading Access 40
Registered 22-3-2011
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2011 12:54  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 novaalbion's post

U can probably use the hotel's business center to do the surfing. I wouldn't say you need to check daily. You can probably take note of the agent's number and request to see his other girls. Normally for hotel walk in, they stay at the same hotel. If in TST the hotels are nearby one another anyway.
happyrabbit
Musky Member

UID 65189
Digest Posts 0
Credits 166
Posts 50
Karma 165
Acceptance 19
Reading Access 20
Registered 10-5-2011
Location china
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2011 14:04  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 novaalbion's post

It would be better if you have a smart phone that isn't sim locked and is compatible with prepaid HK broadband sims. (except iPhones as these uses microsims). But if you don't have one go for locus58s tip. In case you have acquired a laptop(netbook is better) use your hotel's WiFi service or buy a  prepaid 3g broadband usb modem.

EDIT:   p.s.Have a smartphone... and use its gps function. You'll find your punting target area quickly

[ Last edited by  happyrabbit at 28-5-2011 14:07 ]
mchk
Throbbing Titan

UID 62770
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3015
Posts 541
Karma 2989
Acceptance 511
Reading Access 70
Registered 24-3-2011
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2011 14:29  Profile P.M. 
If you are brave enuff to surf this site in a somewhat public place or even hotel business center, go to the mongering lounge forum and read the last couple of posts on the idle chat thread started by SEAJ, he has an example on how to turn off pics when browsing this forum.

So at least when the lady at the business center walks up to you to ask you if you need anything else she won't see a pair of bouncing tits or a girl with her legs up feeling her vijayjay next to someone's name in the thread.
novaalbion
Nookie Newbie

UID 65453
Digest Posts 0
Credits 13
Posts 20
Karma 13
Acceptance 1
Reading Access 10
Registered 14-5-2011
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2011 21:39  Profile P.M. 
Thanks for your replies, I think I will get a smartphone without simlock then and use it whilst in HK. I have found quite a number of mobile operators on the web, which mostly seem to be subsidiaries of one big company.

Can anyone recommend a good pre-paid sim-card for surfing the web with a smartphone in HK?
happyrabbit
Musky Member

UID 65189
Digest Posts 0
Credits 166
Posts 50
Karma 165
Acceptance 19
Reading Access 20
Registered 10-5-2011
Location china
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2011 18:03  Profile P.M. 
Reply #5 novaalbion's post

Try the operator that starts with letter C and only have 3 letters. (Can I post cell operators here?) They have unlimited data plan for prepaid broadband. Choose from unlimited data for an hour, daily, or weekly. Go to their shop and show them your smartphone. Then ask for a prepaid broadband sim.
shootingstar
Carnal Conqueror

UID 61057
Digest Posts 0
Credits 376
Posts 195
Karma 374
Acceptance 49
Reading Access 30
Registered 22-2-2011
Status Offline
Post at 1-6-2011 04:24  Profile P.M. 
i believe china mobile allows you to buy sim card and then pay 9$ to have a one day internet usage around a covered area. ima going to assume that you will be around TST? if you are then it should work fine as that was what i have tryed
novaalbion
Nookie Newbie

UID 65453
Digest Posts 0
Credits 13
Posts 20
Karma 13
Acceptance 1
Reading Access 10
Registered 14-5-2011
Status Offline
Post at 6-6-2011 01:42  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by happyrabbit at 29-5-2011 18:03
Try the operator that starts with letter C and only have 3 letters. (Can I post cell operators here?) They have unlimited data plan for prepaid broadband. Choose from unlimited data for an hour, daily ...

Thanks, will do that! Mostly important to me is stuff like Google Maps and of course the 141 DB. Will probably try a HTC smartphone, should work fine in HK when I bring it from Germany.
halfclover
Master Mongerer

UID 40736
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5319
Posts 797
Karma 5277
Acceptance 830
Reading Access 80
Registered 3-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 6-6-2011 19:41  Profile P.M. 
You can pick up a cheap notebook computer for ~$250 in Australia, I'm assuming that you can do the same in Germany, why not do that? Alternatively buy a cheap Android tablet and you have even better option. Both offer private Internet access fro you as well as a bunch of other features.

Smartphones are fine for many things but I find the screen is frustratingly small for Internet browsing.
novaalbion
Nookie Newbie

UID 65453
Digest Posts 0
Credits 13
Posts 20
Karma 13
Acceptance 1
Reading Access 10
Registered 14-5-2011
Status Offline
Post at 7-6-2011 04:01  Profile P.M. 
A notebook computer would be an option as well for surfing in the hotel and picking girls in advance, but I assume a smartphone might be better whilst on-the-way to my punting destination. Google Maps would be the most helpful gadget here, I think.

Also, a smartphone might help when I need a quick change-of-plans because a walk-up girl I picked is busy.

I'd actually like to go for both notebook and smartphone but I'd rather invest those 500 Euros in punting, than in electronic equipment
Freelancer
Master Mongerer

UID 24776
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5056
Posts 797
Karma 4968
Acceptance 1767
Reading Access 80
Registered 11-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 7-6-2011 05:43  Profile P.M. 
I don't know where you live nor how much electronics gadgets would cost you at home, but here's my experience...

1.) Bring a smartphone.  iPhone or Blackberry or anything else doesn't matter as long as it has a web browser.  If it has GPS that helps even further if you're not familiar or confident about the local streets.  Make sure that it's unlocked and tri- or quad-band GSM so that you can use it in Hong Kong.  China Mobile, Peoples and 3 should all work.  3 is $248 HKD I think? Buy a sim card with 1 month prepaid data plan at the airport before you leave.

2.) Bring a netbook.  Okay, this is optional.  I brought my iPad and it was rubbish trying to write reports and you can't upload photos on it.  I'll likely buy a 10" or 11" netbook on my next travel.  My iPhone is actually enough but I buy a lot of gadgets already because I'm a guy and can't control myself   Actually, having a netbook is great for watching movies while on the plane and during down time in your hotel room.