Karma 767
Acceptance 63
Reading Access 40
Registered 18-1-2011
Status Offline
Post at 14-7-2011 08:16  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Top Democrat in sex scandal..

A Democratic party member just checked out at Champagne Court..

Chan Ka-wai, a former vice-chairman of Kowloon City District Council, being photographed by a Chinese-language newspaper leaving a brothel in Champagne Court, Tsim Sha Tsui, just after 6pm.

Never been to that place but this news indicates this is a popular destination.

Word!

http://thestandard.com.hk/news_d ... r=20110714&fc=7
JackTheBat
Forum Moderator

UID 56406
Digest Posts 0
Credits 32013
Posts 2103
Karma 31633
Acceptance 7599
Reading Access 150
Registered 1-12-2010
Status Offline
Post at 14-7-2011 10:07  Profile Blog P.M. 
Democratic Party official quits over brothel visit

Democratic Party official quits over brothel visit
Sex scandal claims scalp of party's chief executive, photographed by a newspaper leaving one-woman brothel just months before district council elections
Fanny W. Y. Fung, Tanna Chong and Adrian Wan
Jul 14, 2011
scmp.com

The Democratic Party's chief executive resigned on Tuesday, hours after he was photographed by a newspaper leaving a one-woman brothel.

Chan Ka-wai claimed he had visited the brothel to "interview a sex worker" and to advise her on "ways to protect herself". But the party leadership immediately accepted his resignation and distanced itself from the scandal, describing it as a matter of his personal conduct.

The former Kowloon City District Council vice-chairman, 48, was caught by journalists from the Oriental Daily News on Tuesday evening while leaving a brothel in Champagne Court, Tsim Sha Tsui. He told the newspaper he had been interviewing a prostitute. The newspaper said he appeared nervous as he explained that he had previously volunteered for a sex workers' rights group in the 1990s.

In a video interview, posted on the newspaper's website, Chan conceded he had paid the woman, asked her to pose naked and make sexual gestures, and taught her how to protect herself when serving clients - but denied any physical contact.

"I have been there. I won't deny it. Basically I was there to do an interview. I had to pay for it," he said.

He tendered his resignation as a party member and chief executive to chairman Albert Ho Chun-yan on Tuesday night.

Before the party formally approved Chan's departure yesterday, Ho said: "This incident is regrettable. This is purely a matter of his personal conduct ... He is no longer our staff, and is quitting the party. We will let the public judge.

"Everyone with an aspiration in politics should ... avoid doing anything that could harm oneself, one's family and the organisation."

Chan was first elected as a member of the Kowloon City District Council in 1999, and became vice-chairman in 2004. He lost his seat to Dr Priscilla Leung Mei-fun, now a Kowloon West legislator. He is married with a young son. A Christian, he is pursuing postgraduate studies in theology at Chinese University.

In a text message to reporters yesterday morning, Chan wrote: "My behaviour has harmed the reputation and embarrassed the Democratic Party. Last night I tendered my resignation as chief executive to the party chairman. It has been approved by the chairman. I have also applied [to quit] the party."

He did not respond to further questions.

The Democratic Party suffered a major sex scandal before the 2004 Legislative Council election, when authorities in Guangdong detained Alex Ho Wai-to, a candidate in Kowloon East, accusing him of hiring a prostitute there and releasing photos of him half-naked.

Separately, a Legco committee has yet to release its report on an inquiry into claims Democrats lawmaker Kam Nai-wai fired an assistant after she rejected his advances.

Lawmaker Fred Li Wah-ming, who led Alex Ho's ticket in the 2004 poll, said that the nature of Chan's incident was less serious than Ho's.

"Chan is not exactly a politician ... he is an employee paid by a political party only," said Li. "He has paid for his mistake."

Dr Ray Yep Kin-man, of City University's politics department, believed the latest scandal would have little impact, because Chan was not a well-known figure.

Recent Ratings
yazoo   14-7-2011 11:27  Acceptance  +1   Lame lying excuse is the worst offense
SFMonger
Carnal Conqueror

UID 14119
Digest Posts 0
Credits 308
Posts 266
Karma 307
Acceptance 22
Reading Access 30
Registered 30-8-2008
Location HK
Status Offline
Post at 14-7-2011 10:16  Profile P.M. 
I have to say i cant help but feel sorry for the poor SOB.. But for christ sake..wear a feaking mask if you are a public figure!
hunter (Real Slim Slapper-Status: 九叔 .)
Fucking Legend

UID 2748
Digest Posts 0
Credits 16230
Posts 12435
Karma 16060
Acceptance 3408
Reading Access 100
Registered 5-8-2007
Location Pussy Paradise, Earth
Status Offline
Post at 14-7-2011 10:16  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 netfreak2k11's post

anybody know which gal in champagne court?

Retired from pussy arena….Uncle 9

SFMonger
Carnal Conqueror

UID 14119
Digest Posts 0
Credits 308
Posts 266
Karma 307
Acceptance 22
Reading Access 30
Registered 30-8-2008
Location HK
Status Offline
Post at 14-7-2011 10:45  Profile P.M. 
According to Apple Daily, her name is "ting ting" on forth floor, local WG.  But shes on leave eversince the incident occured
doghead (dog)
Erotic Emperor

UID 16705
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2985
Posts 2230
Karma 2893
Acceptance 1832
Reading Access 60
Registered 2-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 14-7-2011 16:50  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 netfreak2k11's post

He is an excellent example of someone who should have joined Sex141 forum and have read all the informative advice and topics on "how to monger without getting in trouble". His problem like most of HK's politicians is inherent self-belief that he would not get in trouble because of his political role.
netfreak2k11
Lustful Lord

UID 59140
Digest Posts 0
Credits 770
Posts 539
Karma 767
Acceptance 63
Reading Access 40
Registered 18-1-2011
Status Offline
Post at 15-7-2011 07:11  Profile P.M. 
I wonder if he's ever read some tips shared out here. Indeed there is a fine line public figures need to tread when they get involved with stuff like this. Wear mask or cap or at least prepare a statement he's willing to stick to without admitting the real thing... like what punters say when gfs and wives catch them leaving a WG building?

The story says he was interviewing the WG, but nodded when someone asked if he had sex with her.

The thing is that this is not the first time someone of his stature got nabbed in a similar scandal.
TheButler
Erotic Emperor

UID 31268
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2606
Posts 2131
Karma 2576
Acceptance 603
Reading Access 60
Registered 18-9-2009
Status Offline
Post at 15-7-2011 21:24  Profile P.M. 
It's too bad that western morality is making its way to Hong Kong.  If a country is civilized enough to have prostitution then it shouldn't be hypocritical to preach against it.

Recent Ratings
JJJ37   17-7-2011 22:17  Acceptance  +1   bingo

I didn't do it.  Really I didn't.
The Butler
part01
Nookie Newbie

UID 69735
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3
Posts 28
Karma 3
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 13-7-2011
Status Offline
Post at 16-7-2011 09:51  Profile P.M. 
western is a lot more open i think but asia is catchign up maybe i shouldnt put it in that way tho
JJJ37
Throbbing Titan

UID 59774
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4038
Posts 1781
Karma 3981
Acceptance 1143
Reading Access 70
Registered 30-1-2011
Location US or Thailand
Status Offline
Post at 18-7-2011 06:31  Profile P.M. 
Reply #8 TheButler's post

Dang...there goes my run for the presidency..............
DArtagnan (unofficial Mayor of the Forum)
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 18-7-2011 08:48  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by TheButler at 15-7-2011 21:24
It's too bad that western morality is making its way to Hong Kong.  If a country is civilized enough to have prostitution then it shouldn't be hypocritical to preach against it.

Agree

Except in his case he's
  married
  claiming christian values
  preparing himself to teach christian values
... i.e. fornication is actually against his stated values, and is therefore hypocritical in his specific case regardless of society's values.  

I guess the issue is although prostitution is legal, there are a lot of voters who feel it shouldn't be,
and while those that feel it should be legal are not going to lobby against or vote against someone who doesn't punt,
those that feel it shouldn't be legal will vote against a punter and will organise to discredit him in any and all ways they can.  

Ergo, hypocritical social logic prevails.  

Poor guy.  No prizes for guessing whether his wife is forthcoming ...

Hear Ye!  The Mayor has spoken!
TheButler
Erotic Emperor

UID 31268
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2606
Posts 2131
Karma 2576
Acceptance 603
Reading Access 60
Registered 18-9-2009
Status Offline
Post at 18-7-2011 09:43  Profile P.M. 
Reply #11 DArtagnan's post

Good point.

So was it societal hypocrisy forcing him to conform in speech in order to get elected?  Or was it a cynical political ploy on his own part?  The latter is deserving of a public tongue lashing, but the former does not.  In either case, the evils of a repressive society on its individuals and its elected representatives is clearly illustrated: we're all forced to lie under these conditions in order to preserve our privacy and our personal freedom.

The Butler
DArtagnan (unofficial Mayor of the Forum)
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 18-7-2011 13:30  Profile P.M. 
Reply #12 TheButler's post

Not exactly - my reasoning is that (as far as I know) Christian values prohibit prostitution.  

So regardless of whether he got his wife's permission to visit sex workers or not, simply by claiming to live as a Christian he's already telling people his own self-professed standards require him to avoid doing something he himself actually does.  

I guess he is now facing the consequences of lying to his wife (assuming she was unaware he was a regular patron in Champagne Court)
And lying to the voting public also has consequences ...

... when you get caught!

Hear Ye!  The Mayor has spoken!
TheButler
Erotic Emperor

UID 31268
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2606
Posts 2131
Karma 2576
Acceptance 603
Reading Access 60
Registered 18-9-2009
Status Offline
Post at 20-7-2011 15:30  Profile P.M. 
Reply #13 DArtagnan's post

I wouldn't chastise someone for being christian/religious/whatever and at the same time whoring around.  Now, if they're preaching about not whoring around to others then they deserve 20 lashes with the whip of hypocrisy.  

In an ideal world everyone deserves the privacy to work out their own conflicts: puritanical vs. hedonist in this particular case.

The Butler