Digest Posts 0
Credits 4805
Posts 623
Karma 4654
Acceptance 3011
Reading Access 150
Registered 1-4-2020
Status Offline
Post at 14-3-2023 14:19  Profile Blog P.M. 
Font size: S M L
PSA to Bay Area Newcomers

I know I'm going to sound a bit like a fun police for writing this, but with the influx of people migrating from other forums and the excitement of a new forum I think this may be necessary.

First off, seeing so many new reports has definitely been a welcoming sight as I remember only a few years back it was just a few Bay Area folks on here. While I'm happy to see the influx of all the new members, I do feel some self monitoring is needed as we don't exactly want to piss off the mods on 141, which may lead us having to find yet another place to continue our discussions. I know rules and guidelines can be boring but please take a moment to read up on the guidelines (I should probably as well to be honest).

Now for the details. Discussion threads that are specific to Bay Area may be better off being posted in the NA forum instead of Mongering Talk. I know most of us likes to brag at varying degrees, but just know whatever that is discussed here will make its way to the orgs whether we like it or not. Some folks like to brag very publicly while others preferred to brag to a small group of trusted of pals. This is relevant when it comes to discussion threads, some threads may be fine to have everyone engage in the dialogue, but other topics maybe better suited for higher RA level, or even small private group setting. There is a reason why the profession for discussion tends to be from a wider group setting that splinters into small groups, once people realize the things that they discuss are leaking out, people naturally become more suspicious and cautious.

I hope this makes some sense and some people find it helpful. I guess the TL;DR is just be mindful and think twice before posting something.

As for the influx of US reports in the Newbies section, if everyone pitched in to help boost these US newbies' posts, then they can start posting in the NA forum. I'm going to give the maximum amount of karma I can give per day.

[ Last edited by  jkfoodftw at 13-3-2023 22:38 ]

Recent Ratings
Taman   18-4-2023 23:25  Acceptance  +1   
Seconda   19-3-2023 14:38  Acceptance  +1   
MrNimbus5000   15-3-2023 04:26  Acceptance  +1   People with one sentence comment should just leave a rating. New people plz read the rules!
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21117
Posts 20505
Karma 20541
Acceptance 11525
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 14-3-2023 14:53  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
you're the first SJ monger to defect here ?  

Recent Ratings
jkfoodftw   14-3-2023 23:13  Acceptance  +4   Haha, I wouldn't really call a defection. I didn't even know about AMPreview back then, and fond 141 first.