Reading Access 30
Registered 9-9-2011
Location Europe
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2013 15:38  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Guangzhou to issue 3 day transit visa

Just got this update.

According to China Daily,  Guangzhou is to allow transit passengers 72-hour stays from August, the third Chinese city to introduce the visa-free policy. Travelers from 45 countries, who intend to visit a third country and who hold air tickets, will be able to stay in the Guangdong provincial capital for three days without a visa and will be allowed to visit anywhere in the province during their trips.
kaleu
Throbbing Titan

UID 45445
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3308
Posts 1512
Karma 3224
Acceptance 1672
Reading Access 70
Registered 24-5-2010
Location PRC
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2013 17:34  Profile P.M. 
First of all, this is not a report, so wrong section...

Second, I also read this news, and it is relatively worthless.  They have this in Beijing and Shanghai, and it is not used very often.  Basically, if you have a connecting flight in GZ you can stay up to 3 days.  But very few people have that, and why would anyone want to stay in GZ?  It makes a little more sense in Beijing and Shanghai, but again, not many people use it.

Recent Ratings
n1k0la5   6-8-2013 17:57  Acceptance  +1   Apologies
n1k0la5
Carnal Conqueror

UID 74225
Digest Posts 0
Credits 372
Posts 71
Karma 369
Acceptance 63
Reading Access 30
Registered 9-9-2011
Location Europe
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2013 17:57  Profile P.M. 
Apologies for posting it in the wrong section - thought it was relevant to the Mainland China section, but couldn't find an appropriate section to post it in.

I had thought that people might need the Info when planning a trip to put a layover in and head south to the bigger play areas like DG or even Shenzen. with High speed train it should be a doable trip. (Was probably thinking about my upcoming trip to guangzhou and having a weekend free)

Please move it to the appropriate section if it is not in the relevant area
kaleu
Throbbing Titan

UID 45445
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3308
Posts 1512
Karma 3224
Acceptance 1672
Reading Access 70
Registered 24-5-2010
Location PRC
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2013 18:29  Profile P.M. 
Probably the News section would be best.

The problem with this 3-day pass is that you need an international flight that connects in Guangzhou.  There aren't many of those as most airlines choose HK, Taiwan, or Singapore.

I think it's meant for international fair attendees, or shoppers that want to just want to quickly check GZ on their way elsewhere.  It makes more sense in Beijing where you can hit a few tourist destinations in 1-2 days.

Also, the GZ airport is far from the city and far from the train station that goes to DG and SZ (GZ East Train Station).  There is a MTR, but plan on almost an hour and a transfer.  From landing to a spa in DG I would plan for 5 hours of travel and you will be exhausted.

Much better to try and get a 1 day layover in Macau.

Here is a link to the article:
http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/chi ... ontent_16863895.htm
beautifulasian
Banned

UID 107609
Digest Posts 0
Credits 48
Posts 56
Karma 44
Acceptance 70
Reading Access 0
Registered 19-7-2013
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2013 18:49  Profile P.M. 
People rarely use this?
This is great news for my flight paths. Rather than a few hours at the airport it would be great to stay there a couple of nights to experience an outcall to my hotel as I usually do and the next day to check out the sites.

Recent Ratings
kaleu   6-8-2013 23:11  Acceptance  +1   Only 1 hotel at the airport. Not good or outcall.