Acceptance 465
Reading Access 60
Registered 27-9-2007
Location other side of the planet
Status Offline
Post at 18-4-2012 02:38  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L

QUOTE:
Making matters worse for women, they vastly outnumber men in Hong Kong. There is less than one man for every 1.2 women between the ages of 20 and 39, according to official figures from last year.

"Straight women in Hong Kong are in poverty in terms of sex. They have few sexual possibilities and options. Even if you're a male truck driver, you can find a woman in rural China," Ho said.

this would be a great thing for many people here!  but in china, it maybe the opposite!

i personally find it hard to believe HKer are not having enough sex.
AsnDragon
Throbbing Titan

UID 87156
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4857
Posts 1178
Karma 4831
Acceptance 516
Reading Access 70
Registered 28-3-2012
Status Offline
Post at 18-4-2012 03:16  Profile P.M. 
QUOTE:
Making matters worse for women, they vastly outnumber men in Hong Kong. There is less than one man for every 1.2 women between the ages of 20 and 39, according to official figures from last year.

"Straight women in Hong Kong are in poverty in terms of sex. They have few sexual possibilities and options. Even if you're a male truck driver, you can find a woman in rural China," Ho said.

I don't know what the professor is smoking, but he's gotta change strains!

1. The reason why straight women in HK are in poverty in terms of sex is because they are so damn picky and think very highly of themselves making them left over inventory. Think about it. HK is a place with lots of highly educated women, who have high salaries. Most of them want an equal if not better off partner from HK or elsewhere, just not from Mainland China. Now if you are a HK guy who is highly educated and has a good career, you are going to pick a girl who is the same level as you and who is really HOT and pretty! Why would any HK guy want to settle with an ugly chick who's educated? Very rare!

So these HK women look down on all the other guys who don't have as good of a job or as good of a family background. HK women would rather wait on the sidelines and grow old to become in their 30's and 40's and refuse to be with a Man unless he is "worthy" of her. Well that's why HK women don't get any sex, not because they cannot, it's because they think too highly of themselves and will not settle with just a regular Joe.

--So all the HK guys who are well off are with HOT Chicks.
--All the HK women who are well off and HOT get a HK guy who is well off
--All the HK women who are well off but Ugly never settle, so they are single and left over and Look down on Mainland China guys
--All the HK guys who are not so well off go to China to find a wife who is not stuck up!

So who's left over? HK women! And it's really their own doing and fault to begin with.

2. HK men have the most sex I believe. How can you live so close to China's paradise of women and not be tempted to have sex? They all go to China and tons of sex and then come back to HK, where they have to act all proper and pretend that they do not engage in that type of activity. SO when people survey these men in HK of course they are going to give false answers thus giving false and incorrect results!  

If you ask a HK guy do you have a lot of sex in HK, they will probably answer- NO! Who does HK girls anymore? BUt if you ask the HK guy do you have a lot of Sex period....they will still say no! because they need to protect their image that they do not monger, but most men do- they come to China!

Recent Ratings
Loveasia   20-4-2012 13:40  Acceptance  +1   They outnumber for a good reason.
sirtiger (the banana)
Erotic Emperor

UID 3407
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2609
Posts 2588
Karma 2586
Acceptance 465
Reading Access 60
Registered 27-9-2007
Status Offline
Post at 18-4-2012 04:00  Profile P.M. 
Reply #3 AsnDragon's post

so are you implying dating HK women is generally undesirable?  Its obvious in the punting world, there isn't a lot of WG who are HK local.

For me personally, fucking hot chicks is fun & all but when it comes to settling down, I assume many guys wants a female on the same socioeconomic status.   Think of people like Bill Gates.  Then again you have Donald Trump pimping out models & such too.

I don't get this silly article.
UncleDad
Forum Moderator

UID 4583
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2021
Posts 1039
Karma 1900
Acceptance 2411
Reading Access 150
Registered 16-11-2007
Status Offline
Post at 18-4-2012 05:19  Profile Blog P.M. 
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of how ridiculously off base it might be. hahaha =)~

~UD
S14
Nookie Newbie

UID 85965
Digest Posts 0
Credits 24
Posts 28
Karma 24
Acceptance 3
Reading Access 10
Registered 9-3-2012
Status Offline
Post at 18-4-2012 07:18  Profile P.M. 
Hk gals mostly in my opinions would think career over marriage n family. They mostly rather not have kids

Recent Ratings
AsnDragon   20-4-2012 13:46  Karma  +1   Totally Correct, if they are somewhat pretty HK girls.
doghead (dog)
Erotic Emperor

UID 16705
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2985
Posts 2230
Karma 2893
Acceptance 1832
Reading Access 60
Registered 2-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 18-4-2012 08:48  Profile P.M. 
Reply #6 S14's post

That would honestly depend on the age of the HK gals. When they hit 31 yo, they become very self-aware of all their married friends with kids and would very much like to have one too. Plus having kids in HK is not as much as a burden in other countries because of the easy availability of hired help. So they can still have their careers as well as a kid to complement the career.

Recent Ratings
AsnDragon   20-4-2012 13:47  Karma  +1   I would agree, but only Well off HK women will have a kid, not the middle class ...
sirtiger (the banana)
Erotic Emperor

UID 3407
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2609
Posts 2588
Karma 2586
Acceptance 465
Reading Access 60
Registered 27-9-2007
Status Offline
Post at 18-4-2012 20:03  Profile P.M. 
Reply #6 S14's post

are you basing this on knowing many hk girls?

my close friends based in hk said real estate is an issue as well as hk isn't very kid friendly.  not sure if people can further comment on this.

Recent Ratings
AsnDragon   20-4-2012 13:48  Karma  +1   Rich people- HK is great! Anyone in middle class and lower will feel the pain!
coolnanu9
Kinky King

UID 87320
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1189
Posts 233
Karma 1182
Acceptance 138
Reading Access 50
Registered 31-3-2012
Status Offline
Post at 19-4-2012 01:12  Profile P.M. 
in my opinion... depends on how much you earn and where you live in HKG
Yes! HKG is one of the expensive cities when it comes to real estate...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/20 ... kong_n_1326152.html
jetfable
Lustful Lord

UID 5509
Digest Posts 0
Credits 776
Posts 212
Karma 772
Acceptance 80
Reading Access 40
Registered 4-12-2007
Status Offline
Post at 19-4-2012 08:01  Profile P.M. 
I agree with ASN Dragon with the exception of his quote:
"So who's left over? HK women! And it's really their own doing and fault to begin with."

The average HK woman is essentially left with slightly below average HK guys.  They are victims of circumstance....If the reverse were true...and the pool of women I had to choose from were lower quality because of a nearby external supply of good looking men...i would be pissed too.
Weelock
Throbbing Titan

UID 69
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4376
Posts 2584
Karma 4304
Acceptance 1435
Reading Access 70
Registered 19-2-2007
Location Mars Colony, Mongo City
Status Offline
Post at 19-4-2012 08:43  Profile P.M. 
Reply #3 AsnDragon's post

QUOTE:
Originally posted by AsnDragon at 18-4-2012 03:16
QUOTE:
Making matters worse for women, they vastly outnumber men in Hong Kong. There is less than one man for every 1.2 women between the ages of 20 and 39, according to official figures from last yea ..........

1. The reason why straight women in HK are in poverty in terms of sex is because they are so damn picky and think very highly of themselves making them left over inventory.

I am single and I have dated a few girls from HK over the years. Girls were from friends, distance cousins and a  few I picked up. I would say ALL of them were stuck up. You have to please them all the time.

On the other hand, after around 38 yr old, their attitude changes if there are still single.  They have to if they want to find someone to have kids.  They start to worry about not finding someone. The girls that were over 38 I wasn't interested.
sirtiger (the banana)
Erotic Emperor

UID 3407
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2609
Posts 2588
Karma 2586
Acceptance 465
Reading Access 60
Registered 27-9-2007
Status Offline
Post at 19-4-2012 20:59  Profile P.M. 
Reply #11 Weelock's post

i didn't want to comment too much fearing insulting local Hkers and/or perhaps I had negative vibe experience with hk female locals.  I've known a handful of femal local hkers & they are indeed very stuck up generally.  I've even went on local HK tour trips & it was the same deal.  Sorry, get off that high horse really.

in asia, 38 yrs old is really really old for a asian female.  Its like the equivalent of being 48 in usa
Loveasia
Carnal Conqueror

UID 18128
Digest Posts 0
Credits 368
Posts 384
Karma 363
Acceptance 91
Reading Access 30
Registered 1-1-2009
Status Offline
Post at 20-4-2012 13:39  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by sirtiger at 19-4-2012 20:59
i didn't want to comment too much fearing insulting local Hkers and/or perhaps I had negative vibe experience with hk female locals.  I've known a handful of femal local hkers & they are indeed ve ...

The rich in Hong-Kong and Taiwan usually prefer a lady under 30 as she can have more kids or healthy kids as they say. I know of quite a few wealthy locals in Taipei that are looking for a lady to marry but they all want someone under 30 with an age preference of 25-29 as they say if she decided not to have kids for a few years she would not be too old to have kids and could have multiple kids with a break in between. I know that in Taipei there is no shortage of women that are over 30 years old which are still single. From what I have seen I believe it is the same in Hong-Kong. In these 2 places women can work and earn their own money so they are no so reliant on the man for income. If they were to get married they want someone who can support them in a better way then them working by themselves. Many of the local women will tell you "Why should I be with you if I don't need you and can earn my own money??" Quite a few are basically in it for the money. One of my customers married the son of one of the top 5 richest men in Taiwan. He gave her 10 million NT up front upon marriage and they married within 1 month of meeting. She got pregnant before they got married too. She comes to our shop every other day as you can tell she is not too happy with being with him or the family and wants space of her own. Yesterday she was over at my shop and said if 70% can overcome 30% of the bad a man is considered good or ok. Reality was that 70% went towards the fact that he was rich so she was pretty much willing to close an eye to everything else. Tells us about how being married to this rich person is not quite what she had imagined.
AsnDragon
Throbbing Titan

UID 87156
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4857
Posts 1178
Karma 4831
Acceptance 516
Reading Access 70
Registered 28-3-2012
Status Offline
Post at 20-4-2012 13:53  Profile P.M. 
State of mind

QUOTE:
Originally posted by jetfable at 19-4-2012 08:01
I agree with ASN Dragon with the exception of his quote:
"So who's left over? HK women! And it's really their own doing and fault to begin with."

The average HK woman is essentially left wi ...

Jetfable,

I disagree with your comment how they are victims of their own circumstance. This has EVERYTHING to do with their state of mind. Who is to say that Mainland China men are no better than HK men? I'm sure there are HK men would want to be with a HK women, they have that choice if they want to, it's just that they look down on Mainland Men. So this is their fault!

I see many HK men who are well off belonging to upper middle class, middle class HK men and even Lower Class HK men who do not look down on Mainland women and would even marry them as well. If HK women would just change their state of mind and realize that they should stop being stuck up and be open minded about men in general and not be so arrogant in thinking they are better than other people, then they might reverse the trend of being left over old women. There are mainland men who are well educated and or have decent jobs. HK women may argue that Mainland men have bad manners etc. but then again Mainland women have the same bad habits and manners too, why is a HK man more willing to over look those negative parts and still marry them whereas HK women choose not to?

Once again, HK women only have themselves to blame in my personal opinion. Of course this is ONLY MY personal opinion.

[ Last edited by  AsnDragon at 20-4-2012 13:59 ]
AsnDragon
Throbbing Titan

UID 87156
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4857
Posts 1178
Karma 4831
Acceptance 516
Reading Access 70
Registered 28-3-2012
Status Offline
Post at 20-4-2012 14:13  Profile P.M. 
HK Women and Women in general...

QUOTE:
Originally posted by Loveasia at 20-4-2012 13:39

The rich in Hong-Kong and Taiwan usually prefer a lady under 30 as she can have more kids or healthy kids as they say. I know of quite a few wealthy locals in Taipei that are looking for a lady to  ...

Agreed! this is also happening in Taiwan as well. In Taiwan it's more severe than HK because there is hardly any new immigration into the secluded island. Whereas HK constantly has a lot of Mainland people immigrating into HK so there is still more selection in HK than there is in Taiwan.

I just feel that in general women in Asia especially, as well as around the world, women are looking for men who are better off financially so that they can climb in the social ladders of this society. It's a whole lot more pronounced in Asia, where wealth and status is emphasized a whole lot more than elsewhere. Movies and TV shows all show that a Rich man can give a women happiness and that they are the ideal partner- A Rich guy. In Western movies they still portray in movies and TV shows that money is not everything and that love can overcome adversity.

When was the last Chinese TV movie/Drama, Korean TV drama that shows that a poor guy is the best choice so long as he can work hard and make a women happy on a minimum wage? hardly any! most of what you see are good looking young, successful men with lots of money and power and status and connections that rescues a poor girl out of her low   socioeconomic situation. (please do not mention Pretty Women the movie with Richard Gere, that is one movie out of a many where it is a reverse. Also Billionaires don't marry prostitutes on the streets of LA)

To sum it up, there's a famous quote from the dating show in China called 非常勿扰 where a male contestant was poor and was looking to find a women who would love him for who he is and not what he has. He stated that many women who marry rich men are sad because Rich men don't treat their wives well, but would be happier with a poorer man who would truly love her.

her quote is "I would rather cry in a BMW than laugh on a back off a bicycle"

In Chinese: 我宁愿坐着宝马哭 也不要坐在自行车上笑

After this comment was broadcasted on Chinese TV, the central government was so concerned that they had reprimanded the TV station and had a nice long talk with all Dating shows to rehearse their lines and not say comments that would incite domestic turmoil and anger amongst the Chinese people. Society in China and elsewhere is changing and women in general are not like how they use to be anymore.

Whether it be HK women or all other women, I hope that many can come to the realization that relationships and marriage all still follow the laws of economics. If you are a man or woman who is good looking or has a good background you have a higher chance of getting what you want. But if you have other areas that are lacking, then the market will determine what you can get. You can wait for as you want, but time will only devalue your worth in the long run and your equilibrium price will go lower as time progresses and if you do nothing to improve yourself.

Sounds harsh, but that's life.

Recent Ratings
Loveasia   20-4-2012 15:04  Acceptance  +1   Very true..
bearcat
Carnal Conqueror

UID 20725
Digest Posts 0
Credits 301
Posts 264
Karma 300
Acceptance 23
Reading Access 30
Registered 21-2-2009
Status Offline
Post at 25-4-2012 12:08  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 coolnanu9's post

Somebody went to a lot of work putting all the rocks in that shape.better than crappy graffiti.
bearcat
Carnal Conqueror

UID 20725
Digest Posts 0
Credits 301
Posts 264
Karma 300
Acceptance 23
Reading Access 30
Registered 21-2-2009
Status Offline
Post at 25-4-2012 12:09  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 coolnanu9's post

Somebody went to a lot of work putting all the rocks in that shape.better than crappy graffiti.