Karma 19
Acceptance 17
Reading Access 10
Registered 31-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 16-8-2011 23:09  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Hung hum building collapse

Since the enquiry is out on last year's building collapse in Hung Hum, my thoughts go back to one of the victims I knew and patronized. I would like to pay her a tribute here by reposting a poem I wrote after her death.

Font size: S M L A tribute to Mikki.

It is difficult and awkward for me that I cant visit pay tribute to her at any funeral. Hers is a shunned profession, how many WGs can you claim to be a friend ?  What smore, you get to know these girls both intimately and personally, yet we as customers can walk away and cut loose anytime and forget ( as I did).

Behind every wg's smile is a tale of broken dreams, broken families and personal difficulties. Sometimes we touch this on the surface, sometimes we dont. Mikki had her problems, I was lucky she was willing to share them with me as I did with her. But we always laughed and smiled at life's problems....in her small room, they remained locked out and distant.

I adopted the word from Susanne Vega's song " My name is Luka". It is about a battered and abused girl. Mikki was the same except her abuse and battering was from the inside. You can find the beautiful song here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZyxYL753w4

My name is Mikki
I work on the fourth floor
I am a working girl
Yes I think you've seen me before
If you kinda lonely and you need someone
Some kind of company, anything is fine,
Just call and I'll be waiting here

Its cause im really quite lonely
Thats why I talk too much
Maybe it's because I'm crazy
To open up my heart and let them touch
They only ask you until you cry
And after that they dont ask why
They just don't call you anymore

My name is Miki
I live on the 4th floor
I am a working girl
Yes I think you've seen me before
And one day I heard a bang on the door
Before the walls fell in on every floor
You can call,but I wont be here anymore
Im just not here anymore
Im just not here anymore
Im just not here anymore..          2-2-2010 22:20          Karma          +10          Creativity! & I feel ya bro!!! RIP Miki
JckJr          2-2-2010 21:52          Acceptance          +5          condolences bro
smilybob1 (gonzo)
Lustful Lord

UID 38378
Digest Posts 0
Credits 629
Posts 396
Karma 626
Acceptance 61
Reading Access 40
Registered 21-1-2010
Location Vancouver Canada
Status Offline
Post at 18-8-2011 03:18  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
That's nice that you still remember her. She must have been someone who had a great influence on you.
May she RIP.