Karma 3157
Acceptance 2501
Reading Access 70
Registered 10-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 21-9-2010 14:20  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Would you trade in your SO.

According to a recent poll in an Australian newspaper half of all men would trade in their partner for a new model if the opportunity presented itself (see attached). I'm willing to bet it would be higher amongst the 141 forum.

Having trouble attaching the poll graph for some reason?

Half of Aussies would trade in partner
HALF of Australia's men say the key to happiness would be trading in their girlfriend for someone new, a new report said.
The American Express Enrichment Report found one out of every two men thought getting a new woman would enrich their lives, compared with 44 per cent of women who said a new man would do wonders for them, mX reported today.
Three-quarters of men surveyed said their current relationships were in need of some serious enrichment if they were to feel more fulfilled.
The report, which looks at the things Aussies do to enrich their lives, found members of Generation Y were most in need of some loving, with three-quarters of young respondents indicating a loving relationship was what they need to feel enriched.
The majority of Aussies said building good relationships with their friends and families was the key to happiness, while about 40 percent of those surveyed said they would take up a new hobby, learn a new skill or go traveling to boost life satisfaction.
Link here:
http://www.news.com.au/breaking- ... rfku0-1225927399714

[ Last edited by  atomic3d at 21-9-2010 14:29 ]
lister01
Kinky King

UID 26517
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1674
Posts 754
Karma 1656
Acceptance 359
Reading Access 50
Registered 19-6-2009
Location Melbourne, OZ
Status Offline
Post at 21-9-2010 20:58  Profile P.M. 
Wow, the grass is always greener... Those are some high figures. 50% for men is to be expected, but 44% of women is surprising. I'm guessing this figure reflects a younger generation with 'looser' morals, perhaps?

As for me, I'm so addicted to the 'next' woman, I don't even have an SO!
smilybob1 (gonzo)
Lustful Lord

UID 38378
Digest Posts 0
Credits 629
Posts 396
Karma 626
Acceptance 61
Reading Access 40
Registered 21-1-2010
Location Vancouver Canada
Status Offline
Post at 27-9-2010 04:47  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 atomic3d's post

Yes I would .... it's human nature if you can improve on your current partner you would , just like most women who would trade you in if something
better came along. A buddy just got divorce 5 years ago and has traded in 4 live in partners since and each time the girls have either been younger and better
looking or more financially secure.
Rickhunter
Nookie Newbie

UID 18484
Digest Posts 0
Credits 6
Posts 6
Karma 6
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 8-1-2009
Status Offline
Post at 6-10-2010 15:05  Profile P.M. 
I think that the answer might be different in reality as opposed to in a magazine poll.  Sure it sounds great on the surface as new sex is always great for a month or two but in reality I think the answer would be much lower than 50%.  Besides finances, housing and kids, there is the whole social circle and life two people have built together.  Sometimes after being with some new hot piece of tail for a while I think it would be better to be single and carefree but then I think of all the major disruptions and costs not initially obvious and go back to reality but then again I am mostly happy with my current life.