Subject: Has anyone bought a Samsung S Galaxy mobile phone?
  This thread has been closed by sexyloser at 18-5-2024 08:49. 
southstar
Musky Member

UID 4768
Digest Posts 0
Credits 175
Posts 125
Karma 170
Acceptance 102
Reading Access 20
Registered 19-11-2007
Status Offline
Post at 8-9-2010 20:55  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Has anyone bought a Samsung S Galaxy mobile phone?

What is your experience with the Samsung Galaxy S phone? The reviews I have read say the screen is good but it has "lag" problems.
Is it better to stick with the HTC models? Any opinions?
1sosos1
Nookie Newbie

UID 49312
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21
Posts 25
Karma 21
Acceptance 2
Reading Access 10
Registered 3-8-2010
Status Offline
Post at 9-9-2010 01:12  Profile P.M. 
I also want to know the real result of that. Heard that galaxy s was the best android phone at this moment
speedracer
Lustful Lord

UID 17813
Digest Posts 0
Credits 512
Posts 346
Karma 507
Acceptance 91
Reading Access 40
Registered 24-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 9-9-2010 01:34  Profile P.M. 
I bought it and played around with it for a few hours only to return it. The screen isreally nice to look at and it seemed to preform for the most part pretty decient. ForMe the samsung touch wiz was a downer. I prefer the plain android. I could have kept the phone and rooted it to have the plain android but I thought the phone felt too cheap and plastic for my taste. So I returned it. On top of that there are going to be a ton of new phones released within the next few months. So I thought I would justwait. The screen is really nice and on top of that it was 4". Which made my decisiona bit tough.
haroldla
Banned

UID 23978
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1157
Posts 795
Karma 1156
Acceptance 10
Reading Access 0
Registered 24-4-2009
Status Offline
Post at 9-9-2010 01:40  Profile P.M. 
i think the problem of android phone is there are less apps than iphone. besides some people there are more hackers use the apps to hack (or easier to hack) android phones than iphone.

but i think samsung phone should be better than HTC model.
barney.winkel
Master Mongerer

UID 41728
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5275
Posts 944
Karma 5195
Acceptance 1596
Reading Access 80
Registered 20-3-2010
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 9-9-2010 08:29  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 southstar's post

it's basically the same price as an iphone, and I've heard from someone who's used both that the iphone is superior in terms of performance. so there's really no reason to buy a Galaxy unless you hate Apple and iOS and much prefer Android.
escritic (Just a teddy bear)
Throbbing Titan

UID 3478
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3423
Posts 1679
Karma 3356
Acceptance 1333
Reading Access 70
Registered 2-10-2007
Location West Coast
Status Offline
Post at 9-9-2010 09:15  Profile P.M.  Yahoo!
Reply #5 barney.winkel's post

You may also want to take the coverage area and service plan into consideration, if choosing from different phone companies =)

Offering BFE to the chosen ones
flinger
Lustful Lord

UID 4610
Digest Posts 0
Credits 715
Posts 573
Karma 712
Acceptance 63
Reading Access 40
Registered 17-11-2007
Location Canada
Status Offline
Post at 9-9-2010 13:26  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by barney.winkel at 9-9-2010 08:29
it's basically the same price as an iphone, and I've heard from someone who's used both that the iphone is superior in terms of performance. so there's really no reason to buy a Galaxy unless you hate ...

While I haven't tried the Galaxy, I've only heard good things about it. I'm not sure I but into the iPhone being superior based on performance. I know someone that has the Xperia x10 which on paper has a similar processor to the Galaxy I believe. And since they both run Android, I would guess they'd be similar in performance. The iPhone certainly did not seem to me to be superior than the Xperia x10.

I will say the display is quite a bit nicer and sharper on the iPhone 4 vs Xperia though. Some might like the 4" screen, though I prefer something smaller for a phone, plus far greater Apps for the iPhone currently, my main reasons for getting the iPhone over Android phone.

[ Last edited by  flinger at 9-9-2010 13:50 ]
hkjiggy
Kinky King

UID 46696
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1067
Posts 412
Karma 1054
Acceptance 264
Reading Access 50
Registered 17-6-2010
Status Offline
Post at 9-9-2010 13:45  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 southstar's post

Had a go at both Galaxy and iphone (cos the guy at PCCW screwed me over).

I quite like the android system. Its true it has less apps than apple, but I found it just as easy to navigate. Didn't encounter any lag some bros have suggested. It feels pretty light and feels slightly better grip wise than the iphone, which can sometimes feel a bit rough on the edges.

Samsung has also brought in some quirky systems, ie the messaging system, whereby you swipe across the keyboard and based on where your finger pauses at different checkpoints, it predicts the word for you are typing. Its hard to explain but its super fun and a really easy system to use if you hate the constant tapping of the iphone whose keyboard is not made for fatter fingered males!

But, I've had bad experiences with Samsung products - a metallic coated laptop from about 10 years ago, which gave me a static shock everytime I touched it, which didnt go down well when typing docs! So I went for the iphone.

The forums all say Galaxy is better but its all a matter of personal preference.
tonkachi
Lustful Lord

UID 3263
Digest Posts 0
Credits 841
Posts 565
Karma 820
Acceptance 410
Reading Access 40
Registered 18-9-2007
Status Offline
Post at 9-9-2010 14:51  Profile P.M. 
I'm using the T-mobile version of the galaxy s variant and I love it.

A few things i like about the phone are: that it connects seamlessly to all my google accounts, the swipe text entering on the phone is quite unique and intuitive and the great screen size.

My biggest issue with the android phone is the battery life.  My friends on the iphone get more battery life than I do on the android, this is something that the android development really needs to look into and getting close to what apple has achieved with the iphone.  My next biggest issue with the phone is the amount of bloat ware that they preload onto the phone...which 80% is absolutely useless and serve no purpose.  A quick root of the device and some extra software and this problem is easily solved but still the phone doesn't need all this extra crap added to it.

Overall, this is way better than my Win Mobile 6 phone and android has come a long way but there are still some things that they need to polish off to make it a real competitor to the iphone.