Karma 1738
Acceptance 113
Reading Access 50
Registered 3-12-2009
Location Land Of Pussy
Status Offline
Post at 11-9-2010 00:43  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
I have lived in the UK as an ethnic chinese all my life and have been subjected to derogatory commentsalmost everyday. I find that its not the words that cause discomfort, but the hatred and fear that is conveyed from the speaker. Some people really do mean it, you can see the hatred in their eyes. And you think to yourself, why me, because my skin is a different colour to yours, does that give you the right to abuse me? Racism is not about words, but true feelings.

What should I do when people tell me to "go back to my own country"? I am British and England is my home. Just a shame Im not welcome.

Some white people think that racism is just some thing non whites fall back on and cry foul to gain an advantage. These people cannot know what it feels like to be an ethnic minority in a predominant white community, they say there is no racism, they have never seen it, this is because they are white.

Dont get me wrong some of my best friends are white, and have risen to my defence in such circumstances on a night out. Just a shame that some are rotten.
ken88
Musky Member

UID 49126
Digest Posts 0
Credits 186
Posts 188
Karma 186
Acceptance 9
Reading Access 20
Registered 31-7-2010
Status Offline
Post at 11-9-2010 07:46  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
I am an ethnic chinese living in Australia for more than 20 years. In the 80s I was the subject of racist remarks numerous times, which have gradually decreased over the years. I cannot recall any further racist remarks to me in at least the past 10 years now, and it seems the anglo aussies have embraced a multicultural society in general, at least this is true in Sydney where I live (I'm not sure about the country towns). There are just so many asians in Sydney now, so everyone is used to them I suppose! It has been a great improvement IMO.