Acceptance 2136
Reading Access 90
Registered 19-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 5-8-2010 12:45  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L

QUOTE:
Originally posted by DArtagnan at 5-8-2010 10:16
...My health has greatly improved.  I can sleep better, I eat better, I excercise, I look after myself...

so you're not the guy in your avatar?

QUOTE:
Was I screwed over?  
Yes, of course.  But I have no bitterness about it, since it is driven by unconscious neglect not by ill-intention.  You can't blame a nail for bursting a tyre - it has no consciousness.  You can't blame a person who lacks consciousness, and denies the facts from a position of inadequacy without an intention to deceive and manipulate.  

Have I lost trust?  
Absolutely, but not in a sense of giving up hope.  Rather my sense of trust is now more situational, more deliberate: I now trust women to be the way they are and to do what they do, and I see no need to trust them more than they deserve to be trusted based on her current level of maturity and sensitivity.

so are you still married DA?
DaBestHK
Godfather of Hole

UID 38266
Digest Posts 0
Credits 9074
Posts 6140
Karma 8967
Acceptance 2136
Reading Access 90
Registered 19-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 5-8-2010 12:54  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by barney.winkel at 3-8-2010 22:26
share some stories about guys getting totally screwed over by chicks. purely out of curiosity. could it be that some of us only choose to punt cause we've lost faith in women?

sorry this only caught my attention today.

why do i punt? because i love women, and i am horny.

i do have bad experiences being screwed over by women. i was a bookworm in school, had (and still have) two left feet, didnt do sports, was not sophisticated, etc.

i was very attracted to women (girls at that time) from the time i could get a hard-on, but they were never attracted to me. and what are you to do when you're horny and lonely? PUNT.

obviously times have changed, and I'm now "socially acceptable", but punting has been a part of me now. different women, different skill levels, different shapes and sizes, etc. It dont get any better than that.

i have since scaled down my punting and do not punt in my home city, to lessen the chances of getting caught, as my domestic life is doing well.

lose faith? cant say i have. domestic sex life? like Dartagan, it's been almost non-existent, but we dont have any arguments and we've been together for 9 years.
DArtagnan (unofficial Mayor of the Forum)
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 5-8-2010 13:03  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by DaBestHK at 5-8-2010 12:45
so are you still married DA?

Yes

that was part of the decision-making

Hear Ye!  The Mayor has spoken!
DaBestHK
Godfather of Hole

UID 38266
Digest Posts 0
Credits 9074
Posts 6140
Karma 8967
Acceptance 2136
Reading Access 90
Registered 19-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 5-8-2010 13:25  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by DArtagnan at 5-8-2010 13:03

Yes

that was part of the decision-making

i would say that is a good decision. sometimes marriage is a lot more compromises than we're willing to make, but ultimately, i feel its best for domestic bliss, as long as there are no major disagreements.

as to those fits of jealousy, you're not alone. thats why i always wear shades whenever i go out, so my eyes cant be tracked
barney.winkel
Master Mongerer

UID 41728
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5275
Posts 944
Karma 5195
Acceptance 1596
Reading Access 80
Registered 20-3-2010
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 07:45  Profile P.M. 
Reply #17 DArtagnan's post

that's a very good response. but perhaps unforced monogamy is possible, provided that a guy finds the right woman and marries her for the right reasons. I'm not saying that guys who are married and who cheat are in the wrong for marrying for the wrong reasons, but I think we all realize that the chances of being in a picture perfect marriage that gives the guy absolutely no inclination to be attracted to other women, is just so very rare. I try to be monogamous in a relationship buy I've never been married before and have never been in a relationship for longer than 3 years, so hey, who knows. maybe I'd also find myself cheating a few more years down the road.

but getting back on topic, I'm still convinced that there are single guys out there who punt and choose not to be in a proper relationship, because they got screwed over by a woman (or women). could it be that these are the ones who treat WG's like shit and do stuff like steal from them?
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 08:39  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by DaBestHK at 5-8-2010 13:25
thats why i always wear shades whenever i go out, so my eyes cant be tracked ...

Shades are great - but a bit obvious if the sun's not shining!!   

A MUCH better solution is to drill yourself to use reflections and mirrors.  Reason being is that a HUGE part of the brain is taken up with tracking where someone's eyes are looking ... but this part of the brain evolved when survival was a matter of predicting which way the saber-toothed tiger will jump, or figuring out who the boss or potential mate is looking at ... that was waaay beyond mirrors were invented, so it doesn't get triggered by someone looking at a reflection.

A single MILLISECOND glance at another person is instantly registered (even guys notice, but women are blazingly good at it) ... but you can stare at a reflection for a full minute and your mate (male or female) will still have to use an active conscious process to work out what you're seeing.  If you're looking at a reflection in a shop window, so much the better, it's completely ambiguous in direction and focus.  

Try it, it works a treat ... I'm sure you know what I mean

DaBestHK
Godfather of Hole

UID 38266
Digest Posts 0
Credits 9074
Posts 6140
Karma 8967
Acceptance 2136
Reading Access 90
Registered 19-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 08:48  Profile P.M. 
Reply #26 DArtagnan's post

i'll try that DA.

so far i get away with shades or with peripheral vision. my peripheral vision is quite good as i used to play point guard in competitive basketball 20 odd years ago. thank god for the "no look pass" when a pretty girl walks by

Recent Ratings
DArtagnan   6-8-2010 09:09  Acceptance  +1   no look pass - LOL!
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 09:09  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by barney.winkel at 6-8-2010 07:45
perhaps unforced monogamy is possible, provided that a guy finds the right woman and marries her for the right reasons ...

Of course it's possible.  I was one of them
And I still admire people who are able to hold it together ... and have NO judgement about my chosen path being "The" path anyone in particular should follow or avoid.  Even for myself it is still a"work-in-progress".  Will it work out?  I don't know.  But given the current taboo about cheating it is virtually impossible to meet and learn from guys who have found an effective solution to how to live with a woman who neglects his needs and betrays HER commitment to HIM over an extended period.  

What I do know is that in my case elective monogamy had highly toxic consequences.  My elective two-timing and cheating is buying time and quality of life for everyone affected - a win / win, albeit one that I cannot share with or discuss with anyone who actually knows me.

My decision to use the services of hookers was - quite evidently - a search for an outlet for repressed sexuality.  But it was never the result of repressed anger.  My interactions with commercial sex workers has increased my respect for and tolerance of women, and has not at all been the result of anger or a desire to get even.  That's a very important distinction.

QUOTE:
Originally posted by barney.winkel at 6-8-2010 07:45
I'm still convinced that there are single guys out there who punt and choose not to be in a proper relationship, because they got screwed over by a woman (or women). could it be that these are the ones who treat WG's like ...

You're touching on a very complex issue here bro, with multiple possible causes.  

Yes there are people who were actually harmed and now want to "get even" - this is a very childish response.  But it happens.  Just as letting go of the past - forgiving - is a sign of maturity, hanging onto a past event is a sign of immaturity.  

THEN there are also people who were never actually harmed, but they perceived a sense of betrayal and are now acting out of an inner motivation - this is much deeper and often the result of either a sense of inner insecurity (e.g. a bully trying to show how important he is) or the by-product of a sense of personal dislike (a personal dislike of themselves that is projected into their relationship with others).  
Behaviour like this may be conscious and deliberate, but it may be unconscious and automatic like the Jekyll-and-Hyde archetype: good on the surface when under surveillance, but acting out hidden fantasies when the consequences can be covered up or denied.  

Then there are people who somehow think they are right, maybe that they have a sense of entitlement, or think that the rules don't apply to them.  As long as they manage to avoid the consequences of the law they continue to be abusive, sometimes even attracting "victims" to themselves who act out their own feelings or unworthiness in the relationship.  Watch a few episodes of Judge Judy and you'll see plenty of examples of people who's sense of entitlement is utterly and comically out of whack!

Then there are people who simply lack empathy - people who at a clinical level are unable to perceive or take into account the feelings of another person.  These people are in a sense "abnormal" and are physically handicapped at the level of behaviour and relationships.  

It's a complex world, not possible to be summed up in a single sentence.  

Quite frankly, rather than trying to analyse the CAUSES of why people treat WG's like shit, it is rather more important to confront the FACT of people treating WG's like shit, and to do all we can to prevent it happening, and to mitigate the consequences when we fail to prevent it happening.

Recent Ratings
barney.winkel   6-8-2010 21:13  Acceptance  +5   thorough analysis. poobah has spoken!

sexpert
Erotic Emperor

UID 6099
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2144
Posts 1895
Karma 2117
Acceptance 546
Reading Access 60
Registered 20-12-2007
Location NYC and Mong Kok
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 10:36  Profile P.M. 
We all fuckin'punt because we all want different pussies...

...I've been punting forever, matter a fact, my first punt was when i was barely a teenager and fucked a SW in an empty parking lot during summer vacation for 20 USD.  I've been married forever... forever being almost half my life and being in my 30's that says a lot.  My marriage was never perfect but we worked on it.  Do I love my wife, short answer is yes.  Do we still fuck?  Yes.  Is the sex still good? Yes.  Does she still blow? Yes.  So why the fuck do I punt?

I fucking punt because I want variety, I don't want to marry the whore, I already have a wife that I love.  I punt because I like to say to myself, "this is different, this is bigger, this is smaller, this is the same, etc..."  I do all that lovey dovey shit with the wife, we put the kids onto grandparents and go to Vegas, or Vermont or the Poconos for a couples retreat, and we fuck.  But you know what happens when we fuck in Vegas?  Right after we fuck, I wonder if I can sneak out to say I want to hit the tables and find a WG to fuck.  Yes, I want to fuck again but not with the wife.  When I am in HK with the whole family and then some, I still manage to sneak out and fuck.  Why? Again variety and that instinct to spread my seed to all the young with desirable traits (AKA BEAUTY) and very fertile ladies even if I have to punt with a condom.

Some guys get married for the wrong reasons and end up punting but you know what?  Blame that shit on genetic traits because we were not made to be monogamous, it's a fucking man made philosophy.  It's natural for men to fuck around.  How many species are there in the world?  Hundreds of thousands, and how many are monogamous?  A dozen?  It's time to follow evolution at it's best and go punting.  It is our natural right to fuck around, ... (just don't get caught by the SO) L L!