Karma 2393
Acceptance 251
Reading Access 60
Registered 22-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 27-7-2010 14:51  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Reply #19 Nordic's post

Different strokes, different folks matey!

I used to go clubbing a lot but now with work, and the cost factor, dating online is a feasible option for many and i've met some of the fittest girls i've ever dated, via online sites.
liberty8
Nookie Newbie

UID 47819
Digest Posts 0
Credits 36
Posts 34
Karma 36
Acceptance 9
Reading Access 10
Registered 7-7-2010
Status Offline
Post at 27-7-2010 23:18  Profile P.M. 
Must be differnt in HK than the UK. here hooking up with girls off the internet is very common. Think i've done it myself around 5-6 times (3 of which were chinese girls), off sites like facebook, faceparty etc. but yeah it takes time, patience, effort and game. sometimes its just not worth the effort, meeting a irlin a club is generally much easier/efficient
bonkers89
Lustful Lord

UID 25160
Digest Posts 0
Credits 829
Posts 703
Karma 819
Acceptance 192
Reading Access 40
Registered 19-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 28-7-2010 00:05  Profile P.M. 
I had success with AFF with a chick in Guangzhou.
But boy it was quite some work.... chatting from overseas, keeping the interest level up, and finally on a business trip to china it all paid off!!

Good thing is that its easy to do in your spare time, but trick is to keep the interest up. There is no body language, no touching, none of the usual methods to use your charm. Webcam is also a must, as you just can't trust the photos, especially the pprofessional photos.

For guys overseas who only head back to HK/china occasionally, its a good route. At the very least you'll have a some fun dates, even if nothing comes of it.
DArtagnan (unofficial Mayor of the Forum)
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 29-7-2010 08:59  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by YouthAgainst at 27-7-2010 14:48
Trouble with these sites is that to be able to contact them first, you have to get the 'Gold' membership - which costs even more! I have had luck with another site, but mostly just dating  ...

Key thing to see is whatever obstacles you are facing are also being faced by everyone else

My view is those sites that charge a lot of money work like a screening filter: if you can afford it, you'll be competing against a smaller field, which is good.  BUT the site runs the risk of putting off guys, and ending up with too few to keep the girls.  If the field is too small it is not going to be working for the GIRLS, which means they will drift away and go hunting somewhere more active.  They want to be hit on, prefer instant results, and ultimately will show up on the more active free forums.  I don't see much evidence suggesting that paid sites work better for the members - guys or girls - than low-cost ones.

Most important thing is to keep alive the view that the "normal" girls are out there, and they are also looking for you every bit as hard as you are looking for her, but you still have to carve through a smokescreen of trash to get to them.

Hear Ye!  The Mayor has spoken!
Vanessa
Nookie Newbie

UID 46905
Digest Posts 0
Credits 10
Posts 8
Karma 10
Acceptance 3
Reading Access 10
Registered 21-6-2010
Status Offline
Post at 29-7-2010 18:49  Profile P.M. 
Wow, you guys do all these stuff to talk to girls?? Random guys comes up and chats with me like once a week. They are friendly and kind which makes me want to continue to chat with them
YouthAgainst
Erotic Emperor

UID 25277
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2406
Posts 1771
Karma 2393
Acceptance 251
Reading Access 60
Registered 22-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 29-7-2010 21:24  Profile P.M. 
Reply #25 Vanessa's post

Trust me, i approach girls this way also

But using the internet has been a good way for me too
bonkers89
Lustful Lord

UID 25160
Digest Posts 0
Credits 829
Posts 703
Karma 819
Acceptance 192
Reading Access 40
Registered 19-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 29-7-2010 23:05  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by Vanessa at 29-7-2010 18:49
Wow, you guys do all these stuff to talk to girls?? Random guys comes up and chats with me like once a week. They are friendly and kind which makes me want to continue to chat with them

CORRECTION: we do all this stuff to talk to HOT hi-quality girls that have photos! Sure anyone can find an ugly girl to talk to.The prize and challenge is the hot ones!

BTW, are you a girl and what are you doing here?
Vanessa
Nookie Newbie

UID 46905
Digest Posts 0
Credits 10
Posts 8
Karma 10
Acceptance 3
Reading Access 10
Registered 21-6-2010
Status Offline
Post at 29-7-2010 23:11  Profile P.M. 
... So you're calling me ugly???

And yes, I am a girl and I was just looking around to see what men in Hong Kong think about sex

Recent Ratings
geoduck   30-7-2010 12:59  Karma  +1   Nice to have a lady in our midst......
geoduck   30-7-2010 12:59  Acceptance  +2   Nice to have a lady in our midst......
Weelock   30-7-2010 09:54  Acceptance  +1   Nice, Are you bisexual ?
DArtagnan   30-7-2010 09:40  Karma  +1   Welcome Karma!
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 30-7-2010 09:39  Profile P.M. 
Reply #28 Vanessa's post

Hey welcome Sister!  

Please do join in the discussion ... and forgive any narrow-minded jerks who show up from time-to-time ... the language can be quite blunt sometimes

Yes we chat to girls randomly, it can open doors!

Actually when online guys get hit on quite a lot too, mainly by girls in mainland China, e.g. on skype, MSN - I have made a some very strong friendships that way.  

Hitting up girls on social networking sites is every bit as good a way to meet them as going to bars and clubs.  Online you can meet more girls faster, but it takes more effort to find out if she looks nice or if there's any chemistry, choosing is slower.  In clubs and bars you get to meet fewer girls, but you can immediately see which girls you like and choosing is faster.  

Say, have you been enjoying the reports??

bonkers89
Lustful Lord

UID 25160
Digest Posts 0
Credits 829
Posts 703
Karma 819
Acceptance 192
Reading Access 40
Registered 19-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 30-7-2010 12:41  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by Vanessa at 29-7-2010 23:11
... So you're calling me ugly???

And yes, I am a girl and I was just looking around to see what men in Hong Kong think about sex

There.... you just answered your own question....
Since I have no way of telling if you are ugly or hot, then I must commit more time and investigation into finding out that very very important piece of information!

Therefore.... yes we do have to put in that much effort!

And please remember, for guys it is the chase that is actually more exciting and challenging! (also freakin' tiring!!!!)
Vanessa
Nookie Newbie

UID 46905
Digest Posts 0
Credits 10
Posts 8
Karma 10
Acceptance 3
Reading Access 10
Registered 21-6-2010
Status Offline
Post at 30-7-2010 12:55  Profile P.M. 
lol, I guess so. But it's just that it seems as though men puts alot of efforts just to have sex with a stranger but we girls dont have to do much, which is interesting
geoduck
Godfather of Hole

UID 41248
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7512
Posts 3232
Karma 7419
Acceptance 1854
Reading Access 90
Registered 12-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 30-7-2010 13:04  Profile P.M. 
Reply #31 Vanessa's post

Welcome to the Forum, Vanessa

Yes guys have to make all the effort. So I would imagine you must be HOT to have  guys hitting on you from time to time. What are your favorite opening lines?
suntory1975
Musky Member

UID 5987
Digest Posts 0
Credits 113
Posts 104
Karma 108
Acceptance 96
Reading Access 20
Registered 17-12-2007
Status Offline
Post at 30-7-2010 13:17  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by geoduck at 30-7-2010 13:04
Welcome to the Forum, Vanessa

Yes guys have to make all the effort. So I would imagine you must be HOT to have  guys hitting on you from time to time. What are your favorite opening lines?

Don't ya wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Don't ya wish your gf was ....lol
Vanessa
Nookie Newbie

UID 46905
Digest Posts 0
Credits 10
Posts 8
Karma 10
Acceptance 3
Reading Access 10
Registered 21-6-2010
Status Offline
Post at 30-7-2010 13:33  Profile P.M. 
Im not sure if I'm that hot...
Usually, guys would ask about my school, studies, what Im wearing.
There was this guy who was waiting for the MTR train and he asked me if I knew how heavy a polar bear was. I ofcourse said no and he replied that it's heavy enough to break the ice...
YouthAgainst
Erotic Emperor

UID 25277
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2406
Posts 1771
Karma 2393
Acceptance 251
Reading Access 60
Registered 22-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 30-7-2010 15:58  Profile P.M. 
Reply #34 Vanessa's post

Lol, unbelievable as it is, i've never used or even heard of that one

I usually just introduce myself just as normal, dont really use chat-up lines.

Another thing to do, this is when you see someone REALLY hot - like you HAVE to speak to them (even if the situation isnt conducive for chatting up) - just basically ask them a random question. While they're answering it, just stare into their eyes - i normally can tell if a girl fancies me just by seeing if there's a 'twinkle' of reaction in them while we're having a very short interaction. Then, if you get ANY signs of positivity (i.e. you sense that they are open to talking), then just ask them a question for small talk, then a question abt themselves (i.e. are you a student, are you working now? etc)
geoduck
Godfather of Hole

UID 41248
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7512
Posts 3232
Karma 7419
Acceptance 1854
Reading Access 90
Registered 12-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 30-7-2010 18:56  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by YouthAgainst at 30-7-2010 15:58
...normally can tell if a girl fancies me just by seeing if there's a 'twinkle' of reaction in them while we're having a very short interaction. Then, if you get ANY signs of positivity (i.e. you sense that they are open to talking), then just ask them a question for small talk,..

Twinkle as in twinkle in the eye....sounds like a toothpaste or shampoo commercial.   This may work if you're in a club but not if you're waiting on platform at a MTR station.

Think the line Vanessa quoted was rater original.
tintin3281
Musky Member

UID 16544
Digest Posts 0
Credits 136
Posts 84
Karma 136
Acceptance 6
Reading Access 20
Registered 29-11-2008
Location hong kong
Status Offline
Post at 31-7-2010 17:49  Profile P.M. 
hi everyone..

long time no post...

regarding chat sites i would like to say the following below:

for someone to say meeting online doesn't work i would disagree on that. but it is up to every single individual you know.. it's what you want to get out of it.

some people want love, some people want sex.. others want both?!

the most important thing is to understand what you want and also not by hurting others.. online sites do work and you do have to put in the effort/time/money to find someone that you are looking for.  im not talking about aff just wham bam and go but rather a relationship on other chatting sites.. (i've met quite some number of girls until i found what i am looking for)

besides chatting on sites... you can meet people talking on the streets, malls, bars, clubs, restaurants even it just depends on how you meet and how you click....

just on the bus the other day, i sat beside this tall georgous girl, very young and reading the book 'twilight'<-- like the new movie you know.. and i could of gotten her talking, her number etc.. so it's about if you have the courage to start chatting and girls most of the time accept to that. and when they don't well.. maybe u don't want them in ur life anyway..!

so the success rate on chat sites is not determined by anyone.. it is determined on YOU and what you want to get out of it... or life is not determined by anyone. it's what YOU want and what you want to get out of your life while living it..........!

thats my two senses..

Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 31-7-2010 23:21  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by Vanessa at 30-7-2010 12:55
lol, I guess so. But it's just that it seems as though men puts alot of efforts just to have sex with a stranger but we girls dont have to do much, which is interesting

absolutely men have to work hard ... and they do whether it's to have sex with a stranger, or with a familiar girl-friend ...

of course older women have to work harder than younger women (and probably also harder than young guys do!)

I'd love to hear what you've learned from reading the forum: did you dispel any big myths that girls believe??
Or maybe confirm anything you believed before?