Karma 3157
Acceptance 2501
Reading Access 70
Registered 10-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 12-11-2012 08:26  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Wingman app.

Our little hobby is probably not what they had in mind when they came up with this app, but I think I can see a lot of potential here.

Dating dilemma: Guys, lost your wingman? There's an app for that

SINGLE blokes looking for love in pubs and bars have long relied on the "wingman'' - a male friend to provide moral support, laugh at their jokes and help them appear more attractive to the opposite sex.

But what do you do when your wingman goes AWOL? There's an app for that.

Lonely blokes on the prowl now have the new Australian-made "Find A Wingman'' app, which uses GPS to locate nearby men willing to act as the Goose to their Maverick when wooing a girl.

Users log in via Facebook or Google and hit the "Need-A-Wingman'' button to broadcast a call for help to nearby men in the area.

If a bro-mance is formed, the two can message each other to meet at a bar and start girlfriend-hunting.

"So many times I wanted to go out and hit the bars and meet some women, but I didn't have any mates to go with,'' he said.

"But with this app I can now find a guy who's really keen on going out right now, and meet women.''

The self-described "appreneur'', who has been single for six years, said a wingman was crucial to meeting women.

"If you're alone in the bar and you're clinging onto your drink you don't really seem that attractive, and you're never going to get a woman,'' he said.

"So many nice guys don't talk to girls. This gives guys back some confidence to maybe meet their girlfriend, maybe their future wife.''

He is now trying to raise funds to launch an iPhone version of the app.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technolog ... 90353#ixzz2BuBquGV1
Pollyhim
Nookie Newbie

UID 102864
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1
Posts 11
Karma 0
Acceptance 11
Reading Access 10
Registered 26-2-2013
Status Offline
Post at 1-3-2013 15:32  Profile P.M. 
but i think this app will not many people to play in hong kong
kaleu
Throbbing Titan

UID 45445
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3308
Posts 1512
Karma 3224
Acceptance 1672
Reading Access 70
Registered 24-5-2010
Location PRC
Status Offline
Post at 1-3-2013 15:52  Profile P.M. 
I don't know... I would probably put moves on his target.  You need to be able to trust a wingman.  Random strangers, like me, would probably be too selfish.