Registered 4-3-2009
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 27-5-2012 11:19  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Sunday Morning post

Sunday Morning Post May 27 2012
http://www.scmp.com/portal/site/ ... ong+Kong&s=News

Amazing this statement "'Gweilos are always like that. They drink and lose control'."

QUOTE:
Briton first to go public on drink-spiking
Businessman says police didn't take him seriously when he told them HK$43,000 was stolen from his bank accounts after drink was spiked on night out
Simon Parry
May 27, 2012        

A 33-year-old expatriate businessman has told how HK$43,000 was stolen from his bank accounts after his drink was apparently spiked on a night out in Hong Kong.

Father-of-two Andy Clark, 33, says he blacked out for 16 hours after going out drinking in Lan Kwai Fong on a Wednesday night and later found the money had been stolen in multiple withdrawals using three different bank cards.

The incident in the early hours of May 17 follows a series of cases in Wan Chai in which police suspect prostitutes use powerful date-rape drugs like Rohypnol and GHB to render drinkers insensible and steal money from their accounts.

After administering the drug, they shoulder-surf the victim at ATM machines and then later use their bank cards to make multiple withdrawals at other ATMs with no CCTV cameras.

Many victims, often married professionals, remember nothing of the events and do not report the crimes out of embarrassment.

Clark, a British corporate trainer who has lived in Hong Kong for four years, had just returned from Shanghai and met a pilot friend for a meal and drinks.

His last memory was being in the Stormy Weather bar drinking glasses of red wine after his friend went home shortly before midnight on May 16, although he says he has one vague recollection of being at an ATM with two black girls in the early hours.

He woke confused and disoriented at 4pm the following day at home, having missed a business meeting. "I looked in my wallet and noticed the cards had been put back in the wrong place, which I never do," he said.

He later checked his accounts and found a total of HK$42,825 had been withdrawn in six separate transactions from three different accounts in the early hours of May 17. The withdrawals were all made in Wan Chai.

Clark is the first victim to go public about a drink-spiking case and says police only appeared to take his case seriously when he showed them a copy of a Sunday Morning Post (SEHK: 0583, announcements, news) story published last weekend about the phenomenon.

Clark revisited Stormy Weather, where he said staff told him it was too busy for them to see if anyone had been near him before he left the bar.

He then went to police in North Point on Saturday, where he said officers were dismissive and only logged it as a crime after he paid two further visits to Wan Chai police station with his wife Candy on Sunday night and Monday.

Mrs Clark said: "They treated my husband like a guilty party rather than a victim … They said to me in Cantonese 'Gweilos are always like that. They drink and lose control'.

"I had to be very forceful and say we would report them if they didn't take the details."

A manager at the Stormy Weather bar, who asked not to be named, insisted Clark's drink could not have been spiked there. "We have spoken to him. He can't remember where he went and who he was with," the manager said.

"One of the floor managers saw him and said he was fine when he was in here. There was no one around him … We don't have any working girls in Lan Kwai Fong and this bar is more of a late night drinking establishment."

CCTV cameras at the bar had not been checked because staff were certain the incident had not taken place there, the manager said.

A police spokesman said the case is being treated as theft and is being investigated by Wan Chai district police.

NEED TO RANT? GOT QUESTIONS? JUST WANNA CHIT-CHAT? LOOK AT PIXS? Go to:
http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... d=26766&page=97

A NEWBIE AND HAVE QUESTIONS? WANT IDEAS ON HOW TO ENJOY 141 BEST? Go to
http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... amp;extra=page%3D1=
Petay_1283
Fucking Legend

UID 46298
Digest Posts 0
Credits 11574
Posts 3139
Karma 11375
Acceptance 3975
Reading Access 100
Registered 9-6-2010
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2012 11:35  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 SEAJ's post

Yeah I heard about this.

Also happened to a friend of mine in Wan Chai, he lost around 13 hours & a mutual friend ended up seeing him with some big black girl and dragging him away from her.

He lost his new phone & around 5000 HK.

'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.'
dogthom
Musky Member

UID 67252
Digest Posts 0
Credits 147
Posts 101
Karma 144
Acceptance 51
Reading Access 20
Registered 6-6-2011
Status Offline
Post at 31-5-2012 13:40  Profile P.M. 
Which is why:

1. Never bring too much cash out with you.

2. Never bring your phone (unless it's a cheapie and you don't care about losing it).

3. Never bring your Credit Cards / Passports or other valuables.
stikkanx
Carnal Conqueror

UID 21132
Digest Posts 0
Credits 373
Posts 177
Karma 372
Acceptance 20
Reading Access 30
Registered 28-2-2009
Status Offline
Post at 2-6-2012 16:19  Profile P.M. 
Reply #3 dogthom's post

You are right !  

The problem is when you are in WC for some meetings and then have no time to
go back home or back to office.

BUT :  I learned one thing.

NEVER use bank cards.  

If you need to use cards.
Use CREDIT cards.   

Some bars have copy my bank cards. And do purchase in Panama etc.

When it hjappens with my Visa cards - Visa stop the card and send me a new.
'