Karma 12
Acceptance 4
Reading Access 10
Registered 11-12-2011
Status Offline
Post at 31-12-2011 21:50  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
question about foot massage

i am planning a February trip to hong kong and i will be trying all of the different types of massages (body massage with HJ, veggie massage non sexual, etc) i have a question about foot massage. i am attaching a sign from one of the foot massage places. they list a 90 min session foot reflexology session for 238 HD. question is what do they do for 90 min? also in the same sign they list body acu-point. can any one shed light on this one? i will be trying it but would like to avoid surprises

thank you

Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments
Underscoot
Musky Member

UID 52591
Digest Posts 0
Credits 140
Posts 26
Karma 139
Acceptance 12
Reading Access 20
Registered 28-9-2010
Status Offline
Post at 3-1-2012 09:54  Profile P.M. 
A 90 min foot massage is pure bliss ... Bring a book or a friend and enjoy.
And wear pants that can be folded up to your knees
DArtagnan (unofficial Mayor of the Forum)
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 3-1-2012 11:07  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 66bob6's post

Foot massage is just exactly what it is called: a lot of attention to your poor tired and walked-upon feet.

Don't let that put you off, it is amazing, and has therapeutic effects way beyond your feet ...
for example, the first one I ever had, the masseuse started telling me about back pain (which I'd kinda forgotten about it's so endemic) and a weak digestion (which several other independent doctors had also commented on), all from what she found in my feet - to this day I don't know how they figure stuff out!

though you will definitely be walking on air after a good foot massage

yes, definitely go for a longer one, that will boost the parts that a shorter foot massage won't reach

BUT

be aware

if you've never had a foot massage in the past, most people report the first time is excruciatingly painful.  Not painful in an intolerable way, but painful in the way that getting rid of a long-standing knot can be painful.  

If it's very painful to you, you can ask them to be more gentle, but do go the distance, don't cut it short.  

And if you CAN bear it, take what they give you, going strong has a bigger and more lasting impact, and it'll be worth it at the end!

Recent Ratings
Blue_Pacific   30-1-2012 12:02  Acceptance  +1   If you can get past the burning water, the rest is wonderful
CunningLinguist   3-1-2012 12:16  Acceptance  +1   

Hear Ye!  The Mayor has spoken!
Intenseslacker
Kinky King

UID 81362
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1265
Posts 421
Karma 1248
Acceptance 342
Reading Access 50
Registered 25-12-2011
Status Offline
Post at 3-1-2012 14:51  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 66bob6's post

Foot massages are the shiznit.

Part of what makes them great is that they are completely asexual - so you're just getting a great massage, and not all excited and shit. Honestly, the best ones come from dudes with big meaty hands. In Singapore I get them every time I go, and I always choose a big Chinese dude with strong hands. (no, not gay, I just like a real foot massage)

Like the guys above say - the harder and longer the better, and just work through the pain. It'll make your whole body feel better. And $238 for 90 min... thats a good deal. You'll never spend a better couple hundred HKD.

BTW: Looking for a good foot massage is different than other massages. Look for a well lit place in like a shopping mall or market - one with a lot of old Chinese ladies already there getting rubbed. The old Chinese ladies know where the good foot rubs are - follow them. (this is what I do in Singapore, anyway! Every big shopping block has a couple great massage places like that).

Try it - you'll thank yourself.
triplehorn
Nookie Newbie

UID 79042
Digest Posts 0
Credits 63
Posts 62
Karma 62
Acceptance 26
Reading Access 10
Registered 16-11-2011
Status Offline
Post at 3-1-2012 16:51  Profile P.M. 
if this is yr first time try a shorter session like 40mins.
go in your berms as the massage can reach up to your knees.
i like to nap or just shut my eyes as they rub away in bliss
some pain, good feelin, is to be expected and the mauuses will explain wat e pain is related to like wad part of ye body/organ
so far none related to LB haha...