Acceptance 111
Reading Access 50
Registered 3-9-2011
Location Shenzhen
Status Offline
Post at 1-3-2014 10:25  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Shekou LE Activity - Firsthand Report

Last night a friend and I decided to have a few beers in my favorite Shekou bar, called Moonlight.  For those of you who don't know this place, it is on the main road that runs past Sea World, near the international school and close to the now closed original chicken street.  It is a fairly innocent place, as far as these bars go.  They push drinks, but not in an annoying way, and they have a fun crew of girls.  There is no blatant selling of sex ie, no curtained room for on site activity.

Anyway, to the real story.  We had been in the bar for maybe 30 minutes, when one of the girl's phone rang.  There was a sudden scurrying around and the lights and music were shut off.  The woman behind the bar left and locked the door from the outside making it look like the bar was closed.  Through the window we could see lots of LE activity, both uniformed and in plain clothes.  This was at about 11pm and we stayed locked inside this way until 1:30am, at which time the police loaded three girls into their van from the small chicken street one block over.  Finally, the paddy wagon, which was parked right outside our bar, left the scene.  We waited for another 15minutes until the girls called the bar maid who said the coast was clear and then she came back and unlocked the door and we all left the bar.

I wasn't really scared since we weren't doing anything wrong.  We were just drinking beer and playing dice.  But in hind sight that was probably naive because you never know with these people.  And my limited Mandarin skills would not have been good enough to negotiate my way out of a jam if the LE had decided to press the issue.

I think there has been other anecdotal reports of how the DG activity has made its way into Shenzhen, but this is firsthand evidence.  Morale of the story: be smart, be safe.

Cheers

Recent Ratings
Petay_1283   30-3-2014 17:30  Acceptance  +4   Late but tks
kaleu   1-3-2014 19:28  Karma  -5   Thank you for the news, however this is not a report. Reversing K
matsumoto   1-3-2014 13:05  Acceptance  +5   Moral of story seems more like "Time for mongers to check out of Mainland til further notice"...what a mess!
obe   1-3-2014 11:12  Karma  +10   Sounds best to stay away for a while
planartheif
Nookie Newbie

UID 64801
Digest Posts 0
Credits 55
Posts 35
Karma 54
Acceptance 21
Reading Access 10
Registered 4-5-2011
Status Offline
Post at 1-3-2014 15:56  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
man i am goin to sz this june, i wonder if the popo activities are gonna die diwn