Subject: Pearl Report: Slavery in the Hong Kong Sex Industry [Video]
  This thread has been closed by sexyloser at 18-5-2024 11:12. 
dandplaya
Nookie Newbie

UID 82675
Digest Posts 0
Credits 31
Posts 49
Karma 27
Acceptance 81
Reading Access 10
Registered 14-1-2012
Status Offline
Post at 13-10-2013 00:57  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Pearl Report: Slavery in the Hong Kong Sex Industry [Video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEQpQo2f5_4&feature=youtu.be

Question to bros: Anyone have experience in identifying whether particular WGs are being forced into prostitution? Anyone have any techniques/methods to avoid WGs that have been illegally trafficked against their will? Are the girls in Thai nest sex slaves?

Monger responsibly.
ggherkin
Kinky King

UID 99550
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1870
Posts 1400
Karma 1776
Acceptance 1883
Reading Access 50
Registered 9-12-2012
Status Offline
Post at 13-10-2013 01:52  Profile P.M. 
Here's what I do. You can draw your own conclusions as to whether it is effective or not:

1) Stay away from pimps, deal directly with girls
2) Put money (even if it is only the tip, not the house fee) directly into the girl's hand
3) If it doesn't seem right, move on
4) Look for genuine smiles, chatty demeanor, no nervousness or desperation
5) Stay away from dirt-cheap places (within the context of whatever city you're in)
6) Rely on other brothers' reviews

In all my years of punting, I don't think I have ever been with anyone who had been a sex slave. However, I have come across these situations many times. Is this a form of "economic" slavery? It's a good, semantic question:

- Girl has child but no husband, needs money, becomes WG
- Girl's family sends her to Bangkok to earn money. Much of what she earns as a WG, she sends home to mum and dad
- Girl ends up in the US, finds it is hard to earn a living with no language skills, becomes WG through an agency

I have also spoken with many WG about the various agency fees they are charged (BTW, Hong Kong Domestic Helpers are also charged significant fees by their agencies, despite it not being a sex job). There is no doubt that if the girl needs help getting into the country (visa, plane fare, etc.), she will pay a high fee. If she needs to be moved from city to city in the US, she will pay a high "taxi fee". There is no doubt that it takes many months for these girls to pay back their debts. But it has not seemed like slavery to me. The girls I have spoken to seem happy to be earning good money, whether they send it home or not.

Many of the girls have gambling and drinking issues, which keep them poor, not unlike many non-WG.

I'd like to learn more about how to avoid being with any kind of slave. If anyone thinks my list isn't enough, please help educate me. I'm sure many others also want to be certain they are not with slaves.

Gherk

Recent Ratings
jake.houston   14-10-2013 11:11  Acceptance  +4   All good points. A DH service will take 90% of a helper's income during the 1st 3 months.
sasa
Carnal Conqueror

UID 8588
Digest Posts 0
Credits 286
Posts 49
Karma 283
Acceptance 56
Reading Access 30
Registered 19-2-2008
Status Offline
Post at 14-10-2013 11:07  Profile P.M. 
There is always a risk

Since much of this business is underground and we have to be aware of that and do our best to avoid it.

I think ggherkin posts a lot of potential preventative steps. I may disagree with the girls paying "agents" since those agents are essentially smugglers and take an enormous cut and that can lead to indentured servitude/slavery.

I would say, any time a girl says something like "she can't go out" or something like that (ie. we have to be in this room/hall) is a big one or lots of "young" girls, is why I personally avoid HGs and places like the Nest or Coronet - even if its not slavery, perhaps the risk is too high. I don't know how saunas work but it would not surprise me if they take some girls' passports and what not, which I would also feel adds to increasing the probability of it being indentured servitude/slavery. I also think that unless one is a regular or starts the relationship non-sexually (ie as a friend) it will be tough to get a straight answer from most girls. It's either embarassing/face losing or they might just not want to think about it.

One could argue that since we are doing 141, that any cut they get (from a regular MP that advertises here) or a walkup that we are condoning it, but that argument could go very deeply (ie. the same group might sell the dvds we buy or whatever).
dandplaya
Nookie Newbie

UID 82675
Digest Posts 0
Credits 31
Posts 49
Karma 27
Acceptance 81
Reading Access 10
Registered 14-1-2012
Status Offline
Post at 20-10-2013 03:19  Profile P.M. 
Great tips ggherkin!

By slave, I usually refer to someone who has been forced with physical threats or deception into the sex industry. I personally think that if a girl goes into the sex trade due to economic need, that it is not "slavery", although one could argue that it is just as bad.

I do not consider working illegally in HK through the help of mafias/criminals to get in (for a fee) is slavery assuming the girl understood what she is getting into for money, although I wonder if there are actual cases of girls moving in illegally through mafias actually understanding what they are getting into or the fees that they might have to pay. Any one have any knowledge regarding this? Do girls willingly move to HK for a short period to sex for money or are most foreign WGs trafficked against their will?

I understand that mongering is viewed by society as a very immoral activity, but I think that a lot of bros could be doing a lot more to avoid sending revenue to this "darker" part of the sex industry.