Subject: Recommend any Good Breakfast Buffet Hotel Restaurant in Shenzhen or DongGuan
  This thread has been closed by sexyloser at 18-5-2024 11:03. 
myhkboy69
Nookie Newbie

UID 18872
Digest Posts 0
Credits 0
Posts 2
Karma 0
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 17-1-2009
Status Offline
Post at 20-7-2012 23:30  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Recommend any Good Breakfast Buffet Hotel Restaurant in Shenzhen or DongGuan

Hey Guys,

Would like U to kindly recommend any Hotel Restaurant in ShenZhen or DongGuan area which
it serves a hot breakfast buffet featuring many classic favorites, like Bacon (Pork), Sausage Patties (like the McDonalds Breakfast Sausage, and not hot dog),
Hash Browns,  coffee & Tea.

Thx.
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21117
Posts 20505
Karma 20541
Acceptance 11525
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 21-7-2012 08:34  Profile P.M. 
WOW ... 3+ years after joining up here and your first post is asking about breakfast ?   
kaleu
Throbbing Titan

UID 45445
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3308
Posts 1512
Karma 3224
Acceptance 1672
Reading Access 70
Registered 24-5-2010
Location PRC
Status Offline
Post at 21-7-2012 11:51  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by twiceAweek at 21-7-2012 08:34
WOW ... 3+ years after joining up here and your first post is asking about breakfast ?   

At least he's not asking how to find a girl in HK...

Pretty much any 5 start hotel (or 4 star) will have a good breakfast buffet.  Although I have never seen American style sausage patties.  If you want a specific hotel in DG, I recommend Pullman.
SEAJ (***Call me Sean Sweet Swede***)
Banned

UID 21354
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7732
Posts 7074
Karma 7559
Acceptance 3458
Reading Access 0
Registered 4-3-2009
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 22-7-2012 11:12  Profile P.M. 
Reply #2 twiceAweek's post

+3 years after joining and he's making his first tentative steps to join in - is that such a terrible thing?

Yeah, he's asking something which is quite light weight - but he'd posted it up properly in the veggie section, so I don't see what's the harm.

Anyway OP - not only does most 4 or 5 star hotels in SZ + DGG will have a buffet breakfast, its many times included in the hotel room rate; but you should definitely always ask for it when you check in as they many times "forget" to give you the voucher/tell you about this. And I'd say that such breakfast buffet is most times the only time when these hotel's dining rooms are actually busy / patronized.

And as far as what's on offer - yes, usually quite a spread and variety of both Chinese as well as Western food.

SEAJ

[ Last edited by  SEAJ at 22-7-2012 11:19 ]

NEED TO RANT? GOT QUESTIONS? JUST WANNA CHIT-CHAT? LOOK AT PIXS? Go to:
http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... d=26766&page=97

A NEWBIE AND HAVE QUESTIONS? WANT IDEAS ON HOW TO ENJOY 141 BEST? Go to
http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... amp;extra=page%3D1=
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21117
Posts 20505
Karma 20541
Acceptance 11525
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 22-7-2012 11:36  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by SEAJ at 22-7-2012 11:12
+3 years after joining and he's making his first tentative steps to join in - is that such a terrible thing?

Yeah, he's asking something which is quite light weight - but he'd posted it up properly so I don't see what's the harm.  ...

Did I say it was trrrible and its causing harm ?  if it was causing harm it would have been deleted ...

Recent Ratings
Petay_1283   23-7-2012 19:12  Karma  +1   If it was anyone else saying it twice he would not of retaliated!
Banned

UID 21354
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7732
Posts 7074
Karma 7559
Acceptance 3458
Reading Access 0
Registered 4-3-2009
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 22-7-2012 12:18  Profile P.M. 
Reply #5 twiceAweek's post

So if it wasn't so terrible and not causing harm, then wouldn't it have been nicer if we'd just welcome him?

SEAJ

twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21117
Posts 20505
Karma 20541
Acceptance 11525
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 22-7-2012 12:26  Profile P.M. 
Reply #6 SEAJ's post

lol ... people have different ways of expressing themselves ... or is that so terrible in your eyes ?
Banned

UID 21354
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7732
Posts 7074
Karma 7559
Acceptance 3458
Reading Access 0
Registered 4-3-2009
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 22-7-2012 17:24  Profile P.M. 
Reply #7 twiceAweek's post

Honestly...coming from a senior member...and especially a Mod - yes, that is terrible in my eyes and is actually what I strongly believe is what causes so many newbies to just give up.

I don't know how it was when you were just starting out on this board - perhaps not that rough as most likely it was not that unwelcoming since there were that many less members (only 1044 members then!)  PLUS the fact that there were not that many seniors - obviously.

But for myself - yes, I remember quite clearly how rough it was and how Seniors AND mods would come after me for every single, little,TINY infraction or even just not following the slightest tradition or supposedly established practices here. Hell, even my saying Thank you for receiving K points was cause of a big witch hunt and accusations of my being a Karma whore! Incredible! Yeah, I'm a karma whore - SO WHAT?? And the way that the K system is structured here - everybody DO need to Karma whore if they're to get their RA up anyway - right?!  LOL!

As far as I'm concerned, it IS the job of anyone on this board who IS concerned about the well being and welfare of the board to go out of his way to be more welcoming instead of treating newbies as if they're all fair game for some kind hazing ritual.

We are after all, ALL just members who do enjoy this board; don't YOU want more members to be part of the camaraderie that WE do have here?  ...But which sometimes...no too many times...gets expressed into action which makes newbies and newer members feel as if they are outsiders and will forever remain outsiders!!

You asked - and that's my honest answer.  That NO, we as a membership do NOT do enough to make newbies/newer members feel welcome.  Please think about it and not just be defensive/protective of what you perceive as being THE one and only one modus operandi.....as is the case, it seems to me, anytime I or anybody else brings up a problem, suggestion or even a good idea!!

SEAJ

[ Last edited by  SEAJ at 22-7-2012 18:25 ]

Banned

UID 21354
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7732
Posts 7074
Karma 7559
Acceptance 3458
Reading Access 0
Registered 4-3-2009
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 22-7-2012 18:19  Profile P.M. 
Reply #7 twiceAweek's post

If I may, I'd like to reprint a post by audible that truly woke me up as to what is needed in our forum...and in fact in all forums,,,when its grown too big for its britches
Post #123 in
http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... page%3D1&page=7

QUOTE:
RE: Forum/community building

I started a website with my friend about 2 years ago based on a Japanese anime. We also have a forum and it's grown quite fast actually. The audience for my site are between the ages of 13 and 23, it's quite a bit different from this community.

What I've found that worked well for us is to have a few "champions" in the forum. Champions are like moderators except these folks are more proactive about reaching out and meeting new members, making them feel comfortable, and contributing to discussions. (Kind of like you SEAJ)

A community needs critical mass to get going, but so does each and every individual that joins the community. What I mean is that people won't just register and become active. Getting them interested and active is like building a fire. You need fire starters or champions who can fuel the fire. If a new member makes a first post and someone actually made a personable reply or sent a PM to him, it makes him feel good and more confident to post another time.

A lot of forums get big and they don't have enough champions to continue growing. What happens is that moderators become overwhelmed, a lot of rules and regulations are enforced, restrictions on viewing are put in to decrease spamming, and what happens is that a community is no longer a nurturing community. People are intimidated with all the rules and won't feel the connection.

I just woke up and typed this, hope that made sense.

twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21117
Posts 20505
Karma 20541
Acceptance 11525
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 22-7-2012 19:17  Profile P.M. 
Please go this thread for its continuation
http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... =page%3D1#pid439221
myhkboy69
Nookie Newbie

UID 18872
Digest Posts 0
Credits 0
Posts 2
Karma 0
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 17-1-2009
Status Offline
Post at 22-7-2012 22:33  Profile P.M. 
Reply Kaleu & SEAJ's post

Kaleu & SEAJ, Thank you for your enlightenment...

Well, almost all the 4 or 5 Stars Hotel in HK does serve quality Breakfast Buffet featuring almost those food items which I listed above.

However, I had been staying countless nights at some of the 5 stars hotels in DG (e.g. Goodview SangGem in TangXia, ZMT, QT; HuiHua & Miraton in CP).
Except Miraton which serves Real Pork Bacon, the rest of the Hotels, the bacon which they serves similar like chewing a piece of
deep fried salty meat (the color of the bacon is dark brown, I m sure it’s not a real pork bacon, may be made from other dead animal meat…turkey or ????).
Even they do offer ham, but those ham really made U sick….As for Sausage Patty, as what Kaleu said neither did I encountered it as one of the
breakfast buffet food item in any 4 or 5 stars hotel in DG or Other Part of China (Beijing & ShangHai).

I was rather dismal for Goodview SangGem (TangXia) breakfast quality; even we pay close to 800 RMB per night for the hotel room yet the breakfast
serving rather lack of key western breakfast food items offering (e.g. no sausage, terrible bacon & ham).  
Anyhow its Hotel Room was awesome and its soft bed comfortability is beyond explanation…

Last but not least, I guess I m missing very much those Breakfast Sausage Biscuit & Burrito which served in any of the McDonalds in the States …And yet till today I still not able to "discover" them in any of the 4 or 5 stars hotels which I stayed in China...

Cheers......
Banned

UID 21354
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7732
Posts 7074
Karma 7559
Acceptance 3458
Reading Access 0
Registered 4-3-2009
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 22-7-2012 23:12  Profile P.M. 
Reply #11 myhkboy69's post

Good God Bro - get with the program and go with the flow!!

You're in China - not in Podunk U.S.A.!!  LOL!

Do you realize that its even difficult for me to buy .... BUTTER??!!  Yup - butter - only 1 brand/type butter available in ONE supermarket in the whole of Chang Ping!!

I tell you what - you tell us after you've been back in the Good Ole You Asssss of Aye for a while...and then... tell us if you're missing the Chinese food!!
>
>
>
>
Oh Hoookkkkaaayyy, mebbe not.... Hoookkkkaaayyy... instead.....tell us if you're missing the Nookieeeees here or not!!!  

SEAJ

kaleu
Throbbing Titan

UID 45445
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3308
Posts 1512
Karma 3224
Acceptance 1672
Reading Access 70
Registered 24-5-2010
Location PRC
Status Offline
Post at 23-7-2012 03:40  Profile P.M. 
Bro... you are in China... Try to find good congee in the US.  Adapt or die.  I hate to agree with SEAJ these days, but...

QUOTE:
Originally posted by SEAJ at 22-7-2012 23:12
Do you realize that its even difficult for me to buy .... BUTTER??!!  Yup - butter - only 1  ...

Don't get me started on dairy products!  I would kill for some cottage cheese, or cream cheese, or brie, or any cheese without a 300% markup!  And that reminds me... Why can't we find macaroni and cheese here?  It's a shelf stable boxed product?  Seems like it would be easy to import!

Recent Ratings
doghead   23-7-2012 08:52  Karma  +1   Lactose intolerance : smelly farts from wgs/punters will ruin the experience.