Karma 559
Acceptance 72
Reading Access 40
Registered 5-7-2011
Status Offline
Post at 21-3-2012 12:37  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
US Citizen HK Travel Info

if you are a us citizen traveling to hk - you are required to show an exit from hk

the exit is pure admin crap - might be a reservation to go to china by bus or macau by ferry or a return ticket back us or a ticket anywhere out of hk

http://travel.state.gov/travel/c ... #entry_requirements

"ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. CITIZENS: To enter Hong Kong, you will need a passport that is valid for at least one month beyond the date of your intended stay, adequate funds to cover your stay without working locally, and evidence of onward/return transportation."

- totally irrelevant till it shows up in US airlines boarding systems

Recent Ratings
SEAJ   21-3-2012 14:25  Karma  +1   LOL! At least this 1's in the correct veggie section! Pls C my reply below/Tks
SEAJ (***Call me Sean Sweet Swede***)
Banned

UID 21354
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7732
Posts 7074
Karma 7559
Acceptance 3458
Reading Access 0
Registered 4-3-2009
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 21-3-2012 13:04  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 bruno's post

Since its entry INTO Hong Kong, I'd rather one be referenced to the FACTS as to what is required by the Hong Kong government and NOT by what the U.S. government states as being the requirements.

http://www.gov.hk/en/about/about ... ocs/immigration.pdf

QUOTE:
Nationals of about 170 countries and territories are allowed visa-free visits to
Hong Kong for periods ranging from 7 to 180 days.
Professionals and businessmen are welcome to work and
invest in Hong Kong. While every effort is made to facilitate
the entry of visitors and those who contribute to Hong
Kong’s development and prosperity, immigration controls
are designed and operated to prevent the entry of
undesirable persons. Immigration can have a direct or
indirect effect on such fields as housing, trade, tourism,
economy, education, employment, aviation, shipping,
crime prevention and public order. All these factors have to
be taken into account in the operation of controls.
Every visitor to Hong Kong must have adequate funds
for the visit and an onward booking.
Persons applying for
permission to live, work or study in Hong Kong are
required........

Please note that there is NO mention of an actual onward booking being a requirement - rather that one HAS THE FUNDS FOR such onward booking

SEAJ

NEED TO RANT? GOT QUESTIONS? JUST WANNA CHIT-CHAT? LOOK AT PIXS? Go to:
http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... d=26766&page=97

A NEWBIE AND HAVE QUESTIONS? WANT IDEAS ON HOW TO ENJOY 141 BEST? Go to
http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... amp;extra=page%3D1=
bruno
Lustful Lord

UID 69196
Digest Posts 0
Credits 563
Posts 202
Karma 559
Acceptance 72
Reading Access 40
Registered 5-7-2011
Status Offline
Post at 23-3-2012 08:04  Profile P.M. 
i know

but when you are dealing with us airline officials it is near impossible telling them that i have the funds

my passport has over a 100 macau entry and exit stamps and like 120 hk entry and exit stamps

still had to buy a refundable ticket to get on the plane

next time i am flying cathay out of nyc
stu05655 (Nut Buster at Large)
Erotic Emperor

UID 41055
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2158
Posts 234
Karma 2151
Acceptance 131
Reading Access 60
Registered 9-3-2010
Location Airport Lounge
Status Offline
Post at 23-3-2012 10:05  Profile P.M. 
Which airline did you fly?  I've come here for 10 years and never had to show or prove exit.... As a matter of fact, I'm here now on a one way ticket...

Recent Ratings
SEAJ   23-3-2012 11:35  Acceptance  +1   http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/viewthread.php?tid=37622&highlight=

Keep the faith, keep it hard, and keep it real!
bruno
Lustful Lord

UID 69196
Digest Posts 0
Credits 563
Posts 202
Karma 559
Acceptance 72
Reading Access 40
Registered 5-7-2011
Status Offline
Post at 23-3-2012 14:55  Profile P.M. 
delta out of tampa connecting via detroit

i am flying cathay or anything else next time and i have a ton of delta miles

this happen just as he was about to give me my boarding pass - my bag was already on the conveyar belt heading to the plane - just after he sticks the baggage info sticker to my boarding pass - he asks if i have a return ticket.  i say no i buy it in hk via my travel agent as i have done on numerous/dozens of trips.  

he says no i need a return ticket - shows me his screen.  his manager comes - big scene.  my bag is headed to the plane.  i am told to either buy a ticket - get a macau ferry or china bus ticket reservation - i cant do either on the spot so i buy a ticket.  The guy is a idiot and issues me a non refundable ticket when we talk of getting a refundable ticket i can cancel - delta nyc office refunded it when i explained what had happened.  

given the bags were already on the plane or headed to the plane - if i had done anything else - like say i wont buy a ticket.  i would not be allowed on the plane.  tsa would get involved to get the bagoff the plane, the flight would get delayed and most likely i would end up on some tsa list.  

not fun - not the end of the world either as i bought a 1000 dollar coach ticket and got my money back from delta with a little work.  next time i fly cathay.