Acceptance 131
Reading Access 50
Registered 12-12-2007
Status Offline
Post at 2-3-2011 01:12  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Dual SIM cards

Intro

My SO and I were sitting down in front of the TV last night, when my phone suddenly rang:

"Hello?"
"Hi, do you remember me?"
"Who is this?"
"This is [insert 141 girl's name here]"
[Trying to sound business-like] "How can I help you?" [God, that sounded so false]
"I couldn't sleep and wanted to chat"
[Shit] "It's a bit late.  Can I call you from the office tomorrow?"

My problem

...and that's when I started to think about dual SIMs.  I've never really thought about what would happen if a girl called me when I was at home, but that was really too close for comfort.  

How do you guys handle maintaining contact with girls and keeping your own line secure?

I was thinking about getting a second phone, but that would be way too obvious.  My girl is always looking around my phone too, even though she says she's just playing games.

So now I'm thinking about a dual-SIM phone, but most of them look... what's the technical term?... oh yeah, shit.  I can't find any Android phones in HK that have dual-SIMs either.

One-card-two-numbers wouldn't do the job either, as I want two HK numbers, one of which I can quickly dispose of if a girl gets troublesome.

My other idea is to get a prepay SIM and forward calls to my current number, and always dial 133 on outgoing calls to girls.  

Does anyone have any experience running a private number and a mongering number on the same phone?  

I don't want to make things complicated, but I also don't want to run the risk of said 141 girl calling during one of my other half's Angry Bird sessions on my phone.

Thanks for your advice
doghead (dog)
Erotic Emperor

UID 16705
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2985
Posts 2230
Karma 2893
Acceptance 1832
Reading Access 60
Registered 2-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 2-3-2011 02:38  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 princeandnpg's post

Well now you understand the biggest dangers of having a late model smartphone - they have great games or wifi! Every time I see anyone with an IPhone or Android smartphones, more often than not someone is playing a game with the phone, could be the phone owner or his/her friend, SO, or kids.

Though my phone is a Samsung dualsim card phone, she doesn't play with my phone because it is not a smartphone and has such ugly, crappy built-in games. Having the dual sim card function is quite handy as I can program one line to ring and the other to mute or vibration if I want privacy. Same thing for sms notifications too. In case I was foolish in the past and gave someone my primary number I can put that person's number on the reject list to be automatically rejected by phone when the call comes. The phone will still display the number even though the phone doesn't ring.

My SO knows I got the dual sim card phone (non-smartphone type) for business travel purposes and long battery life. So there is nothing for me to hide. As for those contacts I prefer to keep hidden, the names I use are either business-like or are nicknames. The only hassle with a dual sim card phone is I have to remember to switch to second sim card's number when calling people I don't want them to know my primary number.
scootermonger
Erotic Emperor

UID 46801
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2855
Posts 1260
Karma 2814
Acceptance 823
Reading Access 60
Registered 19-6-2010
Status Offline
Post at 2-3-2011 02:51  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 princeandnpg's post

just get a 2nd shitty phone and leave it at work.  give the girls that number.  problem solved.

everything else is high risk.
lean9088
Carnal Conqueror

UID 29244
Digest Posts 0
Credits 406
Posts 351
Karma 403
Acceptance 51
Reading Access 30
Registered 13-8-2009
Status Offline
Post at 2-3-2011 13:48  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by scootermonger at 2-3-2011 02:51
just get a 2nd shitty phone and leave it at work.  give the girls that number.  problem solved.

everything else is high risk.

i second that. never give your actual number. do not mix them as simple as that.