Acceptance 3
Reading Access 10
Registered 19-11-2010
Status Offline
Post at 20-2-2011 14:18  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Royal President in Bangkok

Hi Bro's.

Anybody been to Royal Presiden in Bangkok (Soi 15).
Somewhere I remember been reading before that it's girl friendly but forgot the link.

Any good/bad things?
I think location and pricing is nice.

Going to Thailand on June after a long long time.
paladin310
Throbbing Titan

UID 45631
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4250
Posts 1340
Karma 4226
Acceptance 471
Reading Access 70
Registered 27-5-2010
Location The American West
Status Offline
Post at 20-2-2011 14:38  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Reply #1 manilatohk's post

It was much more popular with single male travelers in the late '90s and early '00s. My recent intel tells me that porices have gone up, while they need to outsome serious coin in the property.

You might want to check with Agoda to see if there are any deals (it used to be B1400/night for a suite) but again, FWIH, it is neither as royal or as presidential as it once was.

My home base in BKK was the JW Marriott. But...management's own arrogance, including refusal to give locally published rates to tourists, and in dealing with local travel agencies, not to mention they have their own maintenance issues have me looking for another home next time I visit (part of the problem is that the US Government, through the Army, the CIA and the State Department, rent around 200 rooms/night from them).

My local Thai friends are big on the Davis on Soi 26 (near Rama IV)..yes the same Davis owned by the former owner of Davis Entertainment Group (Emmanuelle, Victoria Secret, Hi Class, Love Boat, etc...). He found religion and went legit some time back..actually revered by many in BKK.