Acceptance 1145
Reading Access 80
Registered 27-8-2009
Location uk
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 06:43  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
ADVICE ON DRAGON TATTOO.....

Alright bros ...Rico's in need of some advice "AGAIN"....

I am hitting the "BIG" 40 next year and there has "ALWAYS" been something that RICO has wanted to do since his teenager years......

" GET A DRAGON TATTOO"..

Three questions i will put to the bros......

1...Does it " FUCKING" hurt and how much......

2...Will i regret getting a tattoo when i get older....

3...What do the bros think about my choice of dragon....

" DOES IT HAVE THE NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH LOOK..."

Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments
barney.winkel
Master Mongerer

UID 41728
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5275
Posts 944
Karma 5195
Acceptance 1596
Reading Access 80
Registered 20-3-2010
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 07:25  Profile P.M. 
do u plan on getting a huge one over your entire back? or just a smaller one? I'd say the size of it affects the likelihood of you regretting it.

having lived in HK for so long, I'm not fazed by tats like these. people have been getting dragon tats since the 80s (first the triads, then regular folk). so personally, I wouldn't think too much of it if I saw a guy on the street rocking one of these. not sure how people from other cultural backgrounds would react, especially people not familiar with Asian culture.
Dreamer08
Buggered Beggar

UID 42190
Digest Posts 0
Credits -3
Posts 85
Karma 2
Acceptance -93
Reading Access 1
Registered 28-3-2010
Location UK
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 08:02  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 Rico's post

1. i have a small one on the front of my wrist and forearm, didnt really hurt that much. but it will hurt depending on your tattoo size, if its massive u probs get it done in multiple sessions.

2. i dont really know what is there to regret about :3

3. i personally dont do dragons. feels to chinesy if u get me
windream
Nookie Newbie

UID 49327
Digest Posts 0
Credits 9
Posts 9
Karma 9
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 3-8-2010
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 08:28  Profile P.M. 
Depends on where you get it.  The most sensitive skin areas are the elbow, rib cage and (if you want to be special) the top of your feet.  That design looks cool but you'll have to get it quite large to not lose all the nice details.  Personally I like to get a small dragon on the shoulder blade.
atomic3d
Throbbing Titan

UID 41127
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3282
Posts 2642
Karma 3157
Acceptance 2501
Reading Access 70
Registered 10-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 08:38  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 Rico's post

I think a small monochrome design on the shoulder would be the most tasteful or have one curled around your ankle.

There are also culturally specific designs, if you are of Chinese extraction, you might want a Chinese dragon, if Japanese then a Japanese dragon. You can also get stylised Chinese or Japanese characters that say dragon.

As a first step, why don't you get a temporary tattoo and see if you feel the same in a week or two.
http://www.tattoofashion.com/aca ... Dragon_Tattoos.html

[ Last edited by  atomic3d at 6-8-2010 08:45 ]

Recent Ratings
Rico   7-8-2010 03:28  Acceptance  +2   Thanks for the link bro...
DArtagnan   6-8-2010 09:41  Karma  +1   Nice link!
kaka (YaYa PaPaYa)
Godfather of Hole

UID 4484
Digest Posts 0
Credits 8232
Posts 4486
Karma 8093
Acceptance 2775
Reading Access 90
Registered 15-11-2007
Location China
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 11:06  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by Rico at 6-8-2010 06:43
1...Does it " FUCKING" hurt and how much......

yes it will hurt.
how much it hurts depend on your pain threshold, tattooist's skill and where your tattoo is positioned.
if tattoo on your back or shoulder area, it won't hurt much. (that's why most tattoos are there.)
but if you tattoo on your love handles, you will cry like a baby.

QUOTE:
2...Will i regret getting a tattoo when i get older....

Yes you will.
especially when you choose animals.
as you age, the body change.
your dragon will look like earthworms.
your horse will look like giraffe.
your phoenix will look like turkey.

QUOTE:
3...What do the bros think about my choice of dragon....

nobody does such tattoos nowadays..
you are asian right?

QUOTE:
" DOES IT HAVE THE NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH LOOK..."

are you sure you are hitting your BIG 40 next year?
are you lying abt your age?

DaBestHK
Godfather of Hole

UID 38266
Digest Posts 0
Credits 9074
Posts 6140
Karma 8967
Acceptance 2136
Reading Access 90
Registered 19-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 11:22  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 Rico's post

Rico, have the dragon tattoed on your dick. when its limp, it will only show the head. when you're rock hard, the claws will come out!

Recent Ratings
Rico   13-8-2010 03:11  Acceptance  +2   My dragon will be shooting blanks bro..l
markreyes
Kinky King

UID 5437
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1301
Posts 805
Karma 1288
Acceptance 265
Reading Access 50
Registered 2-12-2007
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 12:19  Profile P.M. 
Reply #6 kaka's post

I so agree with your post.

My uncle got one that wraps his shoulder down to his torso, and watching him get it done was painful.  

The way he put it was, "Hurts like a total bitch!"

My uncle was the kid in high school who fought everyday and regularly took on 6ft+ black guys to prove a point.  So yeah, I imagine this must hurt like hell if it's big.

The smaller ones not so much, I agree with the area comment.  Some places hurt way more from what I'm told.
ollie1955
Musky Member

UID 15002
Digest Posts 0
Credits 131
Posts 137
Karma 129
Acceptance 33
Reading Access 20
Registered 9-10-2008
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 14:20  Profile P.M. 
I have three (not huge but detailed).  They don't actually hurt but there is definitely a different sensation as they do it because effectively they are pushing the ink a few millimetres into your body which naturally creates a 'wound' which needs careful hygiene and caring for until it heals (not hot showers, sunburn, wash hands before putting a very light layer of antiseptic cream on the wound to stop the scabbing but also making sure it does not scab too heavily).

Your body will register 'discomfort' regardless where the tattoo is being done because most of the nerves are close to the skin.  However, you might notice the discomfort more in places where there is not a lot of flesh (ankles, shins, shoulders, wrists, elbows etc). Normally they place the artwork on you and do the outlines first - these are deeper.  Depending on how big the tattoo is, they might do the infill (and multiple colours) in a few sessions.

Go and visit the place where you want to get it done - check out their hygiene and especially their sterilising processes (this is vital in terms of Hepatitis infections from poor sterilising procedures and also passing on staph type infections).  Where I had mine done, they were more sterile than any dentist or doctor's surgery I have ever been in - the artist wears gloves and a face mask and the table was stainlesss steel.  Also check some of the work they have done - most have photo albums etc of work they have done and they usually have samples of available artwork on display.

For artwork you can check different designs online - find a few and fiddle with the size of the artwork.  (I did this yesterday because I want to get a Ying-Yang symbol done and after looking at dozens have narrowed it down to two or three that I like).  Good idea to print out the artwork the actual size you plan to have done and place it on you where you want to have it done.  That way you get an idea of what your daily view will be once the tattoo has been done. You need to be sure you will be happy to look at it every day for the rest of your life and that you will still enjoy having the artwork permanently on your body.
ramont
Fucking Legend

UID 26912
Digest Posts 0
Credits 14259
Posts 2259
Karma 14100
Acceptance 3183
Reading Access 100
Registered 27-6-2009
Location HK
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 17:21  Profile P.M. 
Reply #6 kaka's post

QUOTE:
Yes you will.
especially when you choose animals.
as you age, the body change.
your dragon will look like earthworms.
your horse will look like giraffe.
your phoenix will look like turkey.

Therefore, you should get a picture of a short, fat girl, then when you get older it will look like a normal woman.

Also, don't know if you are considering colors, but I have heard red is the most difficult to remove if you later decide it was a 'mistake'. So look into this before you get the needles inserted.
sirtiger (the banana)
Erotic Emperor

UID 3407
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2609
Posts 2588
Karma 2586
Acceptance 465
Reading Access 60
Registered 27-9-2007
Location other side of the planet
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 21:26  Profile P.M. 
for some reason I thought rico was older.

midlife crisis?

I am a lill biased & don't prefer tats on most people...esp. the larger more complicated ones.  Ask yourseld a few ques, do your weight fluctate a lot?  will it be visible to affect your career?  Is it ok when its goes out of style?  

If you are itching that long maybe u should go for it.  I just highly recc. if you plan to do it, do it right.  Don't go to any tat place, go to a real artist imo.  personally I find a lot of people have fucked up looking tats & know people who wanted or did get rid of it.
SEAJ (***Call me Sean Sweet Swede***)
Banned

UID 21354
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7732
Posts 7074
Karma 7559
Acceptance 3458
Reading Access 0
Registered 4-3-2009
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 21:39  Profile P.M. 
Reply #11 sirtiger's post

Huh?  

40 is NOT old......???

SEAJ

Recent Ratings
Rico   13-8-2010 03:16  Acceptance  +2   40 feels old to RICO Seaj...
SEAJ (***Call me Sean Sweet Swede***)
Banned

UID 21354
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7732
Posts 7074
Karma 7559
Acceptance 3458
Reading Access 0
Registered 4-3-2009
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 6-8-2010 22:08  Profile P.M. 
Rico - you may want to read this first!!

Hey Rico - today's China Hush lead article is about Tatoos and some of the screwed up Chinese words that some guys/gals have been tattoing themselves with in the West.

http://www.chinahush.com/2010/08 ... -tattoos/#more-6918

So you will want to be careful before you do decide to go ahead.  BTW, some of these tatoos also look positively painful!!!

SEAJ

[ Last edited by  SEAJ at 6-8-2010 22:09 ]
sirtiger (the banana)
Erotic Emperor

UID 3407
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2609
Posts 2588
Karma 2586
Acceptance 465
Reading Access 60
Registered 27-9-2007
Status Offline
Post at 7-8-2010 03:28  Profile P.M. 
Reply #12 SEAJ's post

um, reread again...i said I thought he was older... not old.   From his previous posts, for some reason i thought rico was in his 50s or something.  

Recent Ratings
Rico   13-8-2010 03:14  Acceptance  +2   Cheers bro...LOL..
Rico
Master Mongerer

UID 30064
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5332
Posts 3649
Karma 5275
Acceptance 1145
Reading Access 80
Registered 27-8-2009
Location uk
Status Offline
Post at 7-8-2010 03:39  Profile P.M. 
Thanks for the replies bros.....

I think i have gathered that is gonna be painful....

I will most probably get a tattoo on my back or front shoulder....I would rather have a tattoo on the arm but can't seem to find a dragon that fits properly.....I would like the dragon's head to be at the lower end of the arm then curl upwards...( Maybe some clouds as well)

Bro Kaka...When i mention the " DON'T FUCK WITH LOOK"...It was just an expression......Does it look the business...Fierce...etc..

Will the tattoo really lag as i grow older....
sirtiger (the banana)
Erotic Emperor

UID 3407
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2609
Posts 2588
Karma 2586
Acceptance 465
Reading Access 60
Registered 27-9-2007
Status Offline
Post at 7-8-2010 04:11  Profile P.M. 
http://www.thetattooforum.com/fo ... 5af59692a2c7e56c67e

maybe a tattoo forum can help ya with more better answers
Rico
Master Mongerer

UID 30064
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5332
Posts 3649
Karma 5275
Acceptance 1145
Reading Access 80
Registered 27-8-2009
Location uk
Status Offline
Post at 7-8-2010 04:49  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by sirtiger at 7-8-2010 04:11
http://www.thetattooforum.com/fo ... 5af59692a2c7e56c67e

maybe a tattoo forum can help ya with more better answers

Nah....I would rather ask down to earth guys like the bros on this forum....

I am sure that some bros have got tattoos and was just wondering if they are regretting it now.....

Getting a tattoo of a dragon has always been something i always wanted to do.....

Well as long as i don't take my shirt off no one is gonna know....
markreyes
Kinky King

UID 5437
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1301
Posts 805
Karma 1288
Acceptance 265
Reading Access 50
Registered 2-12-2007
Status Offline
Post at 7-8-2010 16:59  Profile P.M. 
Unless there is a "story" behind the tattoo, all the friends I have that have tattoos regret them as they age.

The ageframe I'm talking about here is from teens to my current early thirties.  They regret them for a wide variety of reasons, such as appropriateness at work, having their children see them, new boyfriends, girlfriends, etc.

The very few friends (3 of them) that still like them are due to it reminding them of some period/event in their life that they think is important.

All the friends that did it because they wanted it, thought it was cool, or because they made up some meaning for it ... well, they all hate it now, and yep, unfortunately laser removal is expensive and not perfect.

To each their own, but I think 40 is a little bit old to get that tattoo.  As a note, my uncle regrets his dragon tattoo now, as it attracts too much attention to his old age, out-of-shape torso when he goes swimming or to the beach.
gangster
Lustful Lord

UID 38799
Digest Posts 0
Credits 515
Posts 570
Karma 514
Acceptance 19
Reading Access 40
Registered 27-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 10-8-2010 01:10  Profile P.M. 
a bit off topic here. But while I won't go for a permanent tatoo myself, I love doing a girl doggy style with a tatoo on her lower back!
ruggers15
Erotic Emperor

UID 11575
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2576
Posts 743
Karma 2555
Acceptance 429
Reading Access 60
Registered 21-5-2008
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 10-8-2010 17:00  Profile P.M. 
I've got a few myself and it really depends on where you get your tat and the artist. I have one on my back that I did when I first moved to HK. Didn't know any good artist and saw a pretty clean but very "triad" looking parlor. Gave the guy my design (which is medium in size) and he did it for me right away. It took him 30 odd minutes but it hurt like HELL... I literally bit off a chunk of the chair I was sitting on and I've got a pretty good tolerance for pain.

The others I've done was by a really good artist in TST. It didn't hurt at all and I actually feel asleep while he was doing it (this was on the arm and shoulder). The last one I got was on my chest by the same artist and surprisingly, that hurt more than I expected. I've got a pretty big chest and I wasn't expecting to feel any pain. But apparently the chest is a pretty sensitive area. who knew?!

This guy I go to is an awesome artist. He is a genius especially when it comes to dragons. I'm sure if you ask him and pay a deposit, he'll have sketches for you to choose from. The times I've gone to him, I drew up what I wanted and he'd modify it to look nicer. For one of them, I just told him what I had in mind and he just drew it on my arm and it was exactly (but a lot nicer) what I had envisioned. If you want, PM me and I'll give oyu his contacts. The guy is always fully booked so I recommend booking at least 2 or 3 months in advance.