Karma 2123
Acceptance 618
Reading Access 60
Registered 5-7-2011
Status Offline
Post at 18-9-2020 18:48  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Why are HG so expensive now?

I remember in the old days when PRC HG were 600 or less. The rate has steadily gone up for obvious reasons, but in the last few months it's $1,300, which used to be Korean and Russian territory.

Strangely enough, places like Fuji and Kam Bong still charge $600 and the quality of the girls there aren't much better or worse than HG, and you get to view the goods first hand rather than taking your chances with some heavily PS images.

I know that there's far fewer PRC girls around these days but with hotel rates at bottom rates, I'd figure things would be cheaper, not more expensive... what's going on here? Why the huge gap between HG and Fuji?

Recent Ratings
joverz   18-9-2020 20:01  Acceptance  +5   
joverz
Erotic Emperor

UID 256687
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2699
Posts 50
Karma 2687
Acceptance 233
Reading Access 60
Registered 28-4-2019
Status Offline
Post at 18-9-2020 20:01  Profile P.M. 
They charge what they can get away with. Also, the PRC girls are risking a lot to come to Hong Kong at this time amidst covid and less-than-legal means of reaching Hong Kong. Not sure if the extra money is going to the girls though.

Reality is people are willing to pay so the prices will keep going up. Case in point, CC Veronica who was charging $1000 per hour in 2017 and last year charged $4000 per hour. People still paid...
Ecthelio007
Erotic Emperor

UID 69211
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2154
Posts 160
Karma 2123
Acceptance 618
Reading Access 60
Registered 5-7-2011
Status Offline
Post at 18-9-2020 20:27  Profile P.M. 
Reply #2 joverz's post

Right, it's all supply and demand, but why are walk ups still so cheap?

Fuji girls are about the same quality as HG, but they're charging less than half what HG charge now. It's still 600 even during Covid.
A year or two ago there were some Chinese girls on the bottom floors at Fuji who were charging 400!
joverz
Erotic Emperor

UID 256687
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2699
Posts 50
Karma 2687
Acceptance 233
Reading Access 60
Registered 28-4-2019
Status Offline
Post at 18-9-2020 22:02  Profile P.M. 
I think there is greater pressure by the girls to maintain prices in walk-ups because their competition is directly next door; if their looks and service are less than perfect, punters will most likely just go next door to avoid paying extra, bearing in mind that a price hike of HK$100 from HK$600 to HK$700 is a 16.7% increase, whereas in terms of HGs a price hike of HK$100 from, let's say, HK$1,200 to HK$1,300 is only an 8.3% increase in price.

Obviously no one is pulling a Zach Galifianakis trying to do this math in their head when going for a punt, but naturally something will seem off.

The WGs I frequent in walk-ups take a long time to increase their price and only when they feel they have enough clients that are willing to pay the extra to keep seeing them.

But yes, quite interesting to see the high competition in walk-ups vs the oligopolistic market of HG agents who take turns outdoing each other with quality while raising the price at the same time.
feelus
Kinky King

UID 59788
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1168
Posts 167
Karma 1147
Acceptance 429
Reading Access 50
Registered 30-1-2011
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 18-9-2020 22:18  Profile P.M. 
A few thoughts based on my own experiences:
  - HGs are much higher quality than walk-ups, but I'm very very selective when deciding to go for a HG (due to the price differential) whereas with a walk-up I'm more willing to take a punt. I will select a HG based exclusively on looks (young, big tits are a prerequisite) whereas with a walk-up I'm willing to settle with a more average girl if service is good
  - Price increases have increased out of proportion in the past few years. Even as recent as 3 years ago, HGs were around $1,000 and 3 years later the prices have increased 30% (or even more in some cases). But bro Joverz is right, it's supply and demand - the price will be sustained if people are willing to pay it. In contrast, walk-up prices have remained relatively low for years. 10 years ago it was around $380 and not the average price is around $400-$500 so a 30% increase over 10 years which is more palatable
  - At $1,300 starting point, I am much more picky so the total $ I spend now might be the same, e.g. If I went 13 times a year in the past, I now might only go 10 times a year but still spend $13,000
  - I don't think Fuji or Kam Bong girls are comparable to HGs as the OP claims, and in my experience $500 is usually the most they ask for (PRC girls that is) in places like Fuji, HY, KH, CC. In saying that, you will occasionally find gems in the walk-ups that are comparable to HGs and, when you do, get their contact and see them as much as possible!
Ecthelio007
Erotic Emperor

UID 69211
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2154
Posts 160
Karma 2123
Acceptance 618
Reading Access 60
Registered 5-7-2011
Status Offline
Post at 18-9-2020 23:16  Profile P.M. 
Reply #5 feelus's post

HG girls do tend to be prettier, or at least younger. But I've always found their service to a miss more often than not. The popular ones gain a reputation in days, hours even, and they get overworked since they have no control over their schedule. They can't leave the hotel room, they rarely get to talk to other girls, and they're often quite miserable in that setting. I've seen a few HG outside the hotel room fuck pit setting and it's always been a market improvement.

Walk ups (minus the 7 day stint ones) tend to be more experienced. They might be a few years older but I don't really mind. And there are some real stunners. The best part is that, like you said, if you find a good one, you have a regular. Whereas with HG, they're often gone in the next few days, often to never return.

Recent Ratings
bmberman   20-9-2020 17:41  Acceptance  +4   Agreed - HG tend to be prettier but service is usually miss.
skebe
Fucking Legend

UID 33426
Digest Posts 0
Credits 15999
Posts 879
Karma 15890
Acceptance 2170
Reading Access 100
Registered 26-10-2009
Status Offline
Post at 19-9-2020 01:16  Profile P.M. 
There are a couple reasons I can think of:

1. During covid when the quarantine is enforced, it costs more for girls to come to HK (private car via Shenzhen Bay) and even more if they want to bypass the quarantine (6000 one way for illegal sea fare) and premium of risking jail time for illegal entry.

2. Even before covid price of Chinese HG rose much faster than other countries, interesting enough because of the streaming industry in China. I went to an AQ girl ĺast week, she said she broadcast live stream on douyin (ie clothes on, legit) and were pulling in 70k RMB a month. That was a lot for these girls. Granted that girl was super pretty, but the more average girls find other ways, like nude or even live sex that can net them a handsome fortune. I saw a show where the girl would add your wechat if you gift her 4 "rocket" , each worth 2k RMB. And guys spent like 100k RMB on these virtual gifts would be invited to her live show banging her. There are a lot of these stupid rich young guys in China and it is a very vibrant streaming scene.

That AQ girl said she didn't know why she bothered being fucked by 10+ guys a day when she can make more money just being on live stream doing pretty much nothing.

On the other hand I don't think the quality of girls you found in walkups can make any streaming money.

[ Last edited by  skebe at 19-9-2020 01:19 ]

Recent Ratings
BootBoot   19-9-2020 22:01  Acceptance  +6   Any chance you can share who that AQ girl is? In PM maybe?