Karma 66
Acceptance 97
Reading Access 0
Registered 10-6-2016
Status Offline
Post at 30-1-2018 23:44  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Raid in HK and story of an American

Raid in Hong Kong at a place called "king hing", no idea where  it is.
http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-ko ... sted-hong-kong-anti

This would mean that discussion of some kind of illegalisation might be in the near future.At this time, the girls were caught for
illegal work but I heard that raids in HK have become intensified since the end of the previous year.

The story  of the American who got caught in the raid:
http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-ko ... g-gets-caught-major

The policeman has seen his passport and thus gotten the american guy's passport no. While HK does not have
total mass surveillance like Korea or China, there must have been some cameras in that place.Once passport no. and the
camera capture are sent to US authorities(embassy,police,CID etc), the man might extraterritorial prosecution when back
in his country.(All I know that there is no federal level law applicable as such a law would be unconstitutional there
so any prosecution would be at state level) Same thing applies to gambling,smoking weed, contacting person of hostile nation
etc.Up to now, the only countries that are known to go that far are US and Korea.with the latter being an extreme example.

It might be necessary to explore alternatives to HK, although not right now.US citizens should keep out from such places
wherever they are, they have a few counties in Nevada and should go there.

BTW. anyone considering a "punting passport"?

Recent Ratings
Mister   31-1-2018 13:21  Acceptance  +1   No, raids are normal and are mainly aimed at visa infractions and triad pimps. Biz back to normal soon
batman108   31-1-2018 11:32  Acceptance  +2   Awesome and thanks
UncleDad
Forum Moderator

UID 4583
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2021
Posts 1039
Karma 1900
Acceptance 2411
Reading Access 150
Registered 16-11-2007
Status Offline
Post at 31-1-2018 23:34  Profile Blog P.M. 
1. The author of the article needs to do some proofreading. That article is all over the place.
2. Raids in HK happen all the time. They are looking for illegal workers and triad members.
3. This is is for sex mongering. Not fear mongering. Stop with false information. No such thing as extraterritorial prosecution. There is something that is called extradition. But that's something totally different.
4. Therefore, it is not necessary for a punting passport if you're punting in Hong Kong.
5. If you're getting a punting passport for somewhere where punting is illegal, that punting passport won't keep you safe.
   a) if punting passport is real, it's still linked to all your other information. Authorities know if you have dual citizenships.
    b) if the punting passport is fake. And you're arrested.... You'll be found out that it's fake and that's an even bigger crime.

~UD
Wp21
Nookie Newbie

UID 222559
Digest Posts 0
Credits 9
Posts 10
Karma 8
Acceptance 17
Reading Access 10
Registered 24-11-2017
Status Offline
Post at 31-1-2018 23:42  Profile P.M. 
Agreeing with above here

The American broke no HK laws, so HK doesn't have any reason to prosecute him or even "flag" him

The US would really only be involved for the really extreme stuff (violence, terrorism, etc.)
Traveling to another country means you're in the jurisdiction of that new country 99% of the time
raradidi
Banned

UID 151453
Digest Posts 0
Credits 71
Posts 82
Karma 66
Acceptance 97
Reading Access 0
Registered 10-6-2016
Status Offline
Post at 1-2-2018 00:11  Profile P.M. 
Reply #2 UncleDad's post

Extraterritorial prosecution DOES exist. Althoung, only US and Korean nationals really have to worry about . Law theory: 1)Region based-law applies to all activities in the country where a person is 2)Person based-la\w applies to acts of a person who is of the nationality of the country enacting a specific law. If a person visits a cannabis store in Amsterdam and posts a review on his blog, he will go to jail after returning to his country.Nowadays the cannabis stores in Netherlands do not allow foreigners anymore. Firearm possession in a foreign country with just permanent residence and licensing there can also result in the same. (Actual cases DO exist. This is why people are told to apply for a firearm license AFTER obtaining citizenship,not just residence).
There are cases in  which South Koreans go to jail for meeting a North Korean overseas without prior approval. The same thing.
Also for overseas gambling.Many people get criminal charges for gambling abroad.even if the gambling involved smaller amounts below $10000.

Example: https://nocutnews.co.kr/news/4390756  . Prosecution for purchasing prostitution in another country. Evidence that intelligence agencies are involved in extraterritorial prosecution: http://news.donga.com/List/3/03/20060319/8286479/1 . The agencies use the overseas network of fake companies they used to crack down on democracy activists during the military regime. The East Berlin incident was such a case.
Export control violation on dual use items/copyright infringement are other well-known  cases but these are off-topic .
Let's assume a US soldier visits a German brothel (legal there) and the army gets intel/info about that incident. Then the soldier gets up to 1 year in brig/DD. This is enacted since
the Bush jr.administration.
Again, only US and Korean nationals have to actually worry about this. Norway also has extraterritorial prosecution,Sweden is planning to do the same, but neither Norway nor Sweden
do have the organizational resources to enforce that.
Otherwise, an American meeting an FSB agent in Eastern Europe and handing over secret info would not constitute espionage. Laws apply to the person with the same nationality as the law itself as well. Search "속인주의".
And your claim about the punting passport is not correct. Getting one means losing nationality of the prior country, as most country require via their citizenship laws.
Assume a Korean becomes a German and gets the German passport. The person has lost Korean nationality at the moment he becomes a German national.
Lets assume the new German gets in contact with Korea's agent who is in charge of prosecuting overseas sex purchase(as per mentioned by the link above) . All the new german has to do is to
show his new passport or his Personalausweis ,maybe the certificate of loss of Korean nationality due to acquisition of new nationality.
This is how the legal system works.

[ Last edited by  raradidi at 1-2-2018 00:20 ]

Recent Ratings
hulk2211   1-2-2018 08:30  Acceptance  +1   Just stop. Its legal here.
johnnygleet   1-2-2018 01:17  Acceptance  +1   So , a Saudi national that has a cocktail in Chicago will be prosecuted when he gets back home ?
mjon
Nookie Newbie

UID 193086
Digest Posts 0
Credits 0
Posts 3
Karma 0
Acceptance 3
Reading Access 10
Registered 29-4-2017
Status Offline
Post at 1-2-2018 01:29  Profile P.M. 
@johnnygleet         Not all laws will fall under txtraterritorial jurisdiction, often only a handful of laws would do so, such as corruption, etc. Depends on several factors. Probably rarely done
ergodyne85
Kinky King

UID 9352
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1980
Posts 106
Karma 1967
Acceptance 255
Reading Access 50
Registered 13-3-2008
Location BKK
Status Offline
Post at 1-2-2018 01:54  Profile P.M. 
bros, out of all my years in hk, i think i got stopped by the police total of 3 times while lurking around the walkups.
local friend of mine told me if a police asks you what you're doing just say you were looking at girls and be honest.  
what happened those three times?
twice i got asked my HKID which i provided (standard protocol)
once a police guy chuckled and said at least i'm being honest
time that i wasn't asked for HKID, he just said 'alright off you go'

as some bros mentioned, the popo do not want to waste time on some dude wanting to punt, they're looking for illegals and triads etc, not worth the paperwork. i'm pretty sure some of them go to those walkups themselves as civvies.

to think that a guy punting in a walkup that every local dude knows and getting extradited via the hk police is quite far fetched....
good story to tell though...

Recent Ratings
Stonecold   1-2-2018 09:29  Acceptance  +2   I'm a building inspector, monitoring urine deposit concentrations.
Mario78   1-2-2018 05:49  Acceptance  +2   Made an excellent point! Thanks!
Sibil2
Kinky King

UID 209413
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1591
Posts 35
Karma 1586
Acceptance 98
Reading Access 50
Registered 6-8-2017
Status Offline
Post at 1-2-2018 08:36  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by mjon at 1-2-2018 01:29
@johnnygleet         Not all laws will fall under txtraterritorial jurisdiction, often only a handful of laws would do so, such as corruption, etc. Depends on several factors. Probably rarely done

This is correct.  Laws of any country only have extraterritorial effect if they are expressly stated to and so obviously this only applies in the US to a limited number of laws.

The reason Korean tourists get arrested for sex tourism overseas is because South Korea has expressly enacted a law criminalising overseas sex tourism.

No such law exists for the US.  They do criminalise overseas sex with underage prostitutes, but sex with above 18 prostitutes is perfectly legal provided it's done outside of the US.

We really need to stop the spread of mis-information here - yes espionage, treason, underage hookers etc have extraterritorial effect but regular punting: perfectly legal

Recent Ratings
mjon   2-2-2018 03:48  Acceptance  +1