Karma 2195
Acceptance 1397
Reading Access 60
Registered 19-3-2007
Status Offline
Post at 3-2-2021 18:56  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
ambush lock downs - hazardous to your marriage

Is there anyone beyond myself concerned about the potentially hazardous implications to the government’s “ambush” lockdowns which take place in neighborhoods which have many old crowded apartment buildings. While the very helpful database on this website references our favorite providers in various parts of the city, a careful review will indicate that there is no reference to technicians in buildings on, for example: Borret Road, Caine Road (Central); Cornwall Street, Cambridge Road (Kowloon Tong), Tai Hang Road, Perkins Road (Happy Valley), Kotewall Road, Robinson Road (Sau Ying Pun, approximately) and similar locales. It seems the lockdowns are taking place in old crowed neighborhoods with many densely packed old buildings (North Point, Jordan, Yaumatei, SSP) which, by coincidence, are used as offices or home offices by our sainted girls and detailed extensively in the database (I avoid hotel girls for various reasons) and also some of the locales of my regulars. I can’t speak for others, but for myself my peek mongering hours are 5 pm –  9 pm, i.e. some point in time between when I am permitted to leave my office and when I am expected to arrive at home from the office.

I’m sure our careful readers could see the hazards associated with being locked into one of these neighborhoods overnight and being unable to return home. Equally, I’m sure certain of our careful readers would be delighted to have such an opportunity and be able to spend overnight with their favorite companion, these are most likely men who live alone. As an aside, I did have the opportunity to be invited to stay overnight in the room with one of my regulars (it was her home office) at no extra charge, and by coincidence my SO was not in town that week. It was a win for all, although I looked a bit rough at work the next day as I didn’t have my shaving kit.

For those of you in our tight community who were not in grade school in 2003 during SARS, there is the anecdotal story of the gwailo who was a player, but not myself Gwailoplayer, who was in a Wanchai hotel with a takeout from one of the expensive rip you off curtain bars, and this building was locked down with no notice. The poor horny bastard was stuck for some week with the bar girl in the hotel, and had to explain to his wife how he came to be locked in a Wanchai hotel. I would want to avoid this unfortunate situation.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to avoid being subject to an involuntary detention and thereafter having to do some very difficult mansplaining to the SO. From what I can see, the lockdowns take place from 7:30 PM to 7:30 AM, seeking to catch people when they are home after work but enabling them to leave the detention area the next day in good time for work; it would make no sense to lockdown the neighborhood beginning from, say, noon, when half the population is not at home. I therefore merely need to ensure I have done my business and am out of the locale by, say, 7:00 PM, or 6 PM if I wanted a margin of safety. It also gives me the advantage of avoiding “rush-hour” when all of you horny lads get off of work and start roaming the hallways and stairs in these buildings, avoiding eye contact, and peeking over my shoulder trying to get a glimpse of the girl when I walk into her room.

Comments, critiques, opinions, flames, welcomed.

Keep on mongering

[ Last edited by  gwailoplayer at 3-2-2021 18:58 ]

Recent Ratings
godisdead   9-2-2021 11:01  Acceptance  +6   Think the safest is to do your mongering during the day when you have to go to a “meeting”... otherwise the risk is re ...
Ilovesexmachine   7-2-2021 13:15  Acceptance  +1   Urban legend or not...shout to the OG - original gweilo - taking one for rest of us bros!
manhands   6-2-2021 16:34  Acceptance  +4   The obvious answer is to say you were getting a haircut
austin821   6-2-2021 06:13  Acceptance  +5   
omnihedron   5-2-2021 21:59  Acceptance  +2   Car romps may be a new alternative if adventurous.. BTW, cornwall st has offerings?
orangerange   5-2-2021 16:42  Acceptance  +4   Very fair warning - I have never done an overnight before to be fair, but even the thought of getting caught up during a ...
BobDavies   5-2-2021 14:15  Acceptance  +1   The poor guys who got stuck was in even worse trouble than that. The lockdown then was 14 days or so. And he had told hi ...
trust_00   4-2-2021 20:10  Acceptance  +5   Ohh very interesting.. thanks for the warning!
zbmthethird   4-2-2021 07:12  Acceptance  +2   Honey, i'm actually a secret Covid Compliance Officer and had to supervise the lockdown at this building honestly!
twfun   4-2-2021 01:56  Acceptance  +3   I would also like to know what excuses were used if locked in. Could be good or bad depending on where the SO is. If at ...
hansibert
Nookie Newbie

UID 272432
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4
Posts 5
Karma 4
Acceptance 8
Reading Access 10
Registered 3-2-2021
Status Offline
Post at 3-2-2021 22:33  Profile P.M. 
As you already put it, guess you need to walk around "off time" these days to avoid this. Clearly difficult during the week, but if youre really desperate just put in a fake meeting for 1h and go conduct your business?
I dont have a much better suggestion either; or if you can tell your SO that you have to work on a Sunday and chose an early timeslot or so...
zeroz
Lustful Lord

UID 3388
Digest Posts 0
Credits 761
Posts 552
Karma 744
Acceptance 336
Reading Access 40
Registered 27-9-2007
Status Offline
Post at 4-2-2021 23:46  Profile P.M. 
Of course there always is a chance of being stuck in one of these buildings during a lockdown.. I believe there were a couple of posts on some groups in LIHKG saying that some bros got stuck in a Jordan building during the lockdown.. Not sure if it was a joke or not..
However, it seems the lockdowns are happening now between 7pm to 7am, so I would probably avoid to go between those hours..
twfun
Master Mongerer

UID 3172
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5606
Posts 1174
Karma 5545
Acceptance 1212
Reading Access 80
Registered 11-9-2007
Location Taipei, Taiwan
Status Offline
Post at 5-2-2021 00:03  Profile P.M. 
I think it would be a both terrible and great if it happened depending on the circumstances, work/SO, etc...  But a big question comes to mind....  

What happens when and if it happens, and you get locked in to one of these areas with the girl, or say at a hotel like you mentioned above that happened for either a day or a week.... I am curious would she charge you per hour? per day? per time? or perhaps not at all?
omnihedron
Carnal Conqueror

UID 241910
Digest Posts 0
Credits 305
Posts 16
Karma 304
Acceptance 27
Reading Access 30
Registered 25-5-2018
Status Offline
Post at 5-2-2021 22:55  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 gwailoplayer's post

After re-reading your intro I mis-interpreted your intent when mentioning the more well to do locales.  I still stand by my comment though, a long drive with a partner to a secluded spot may work.  Though I'm sure new types of trouble can also await this scenario.  

Here's hoping that vaccine will start rolling out and making a dent in this mess soon.
austin821
Throbbing Titan

UID 115149
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3022
Posts 332
Karma 2963
Acceptance 1186
Reading Access 70
Registered 26-2-2014
Status Offline
Post at 6-2-2021 06:13  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by gwailoplayer at 3-2-2021 18:56

story of the gwailo who was a player, but not myself Gwailoplayer, who was in a Wanchai hotel with a takeout from one of the expensive rip you off curtain bars, and this building was locked down with no notice. The poor horny bastard was stuck for some week with the bar girl in the hotel, and had to explain to his wife how he came to be locked in a Wanchai hotel.

I bet the poor bloke had to argue with the Mamasan over the weeks rent for the girl
gwailoplayer
Erotic Emperor

UID 624
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2265
Posts 990
Karma 2195
Acceptance 1397
Reading Access 60
Registered 19-3-2007
Status Offline
Post at 8-2-2021 18:44  Profile P.M. 
Reply #5 omnihedron's post

No drive with a partner to a secluded spot, unless it is your for real SO

worse than being locked down in a building for several hours, where a half-way credible SO excuse could be offered is being in a traffic accident : think police, hospital (worst case) and the "partner" getting injured . no way to excuse this away.

Keep on mongering